Profile for Mrs. Sj Jellis > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Sj Jellis

Mrs. Sj Jellis "sarahandpaul2" (Shefford, Beds)

A Proper Family Adventure
A Proper Family Adventure

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 26 Sept. 2016
I understand that this is part of a series. I didn't know that when I bought it - but there was a big catch-up at the beginning so things made sense. But this is juts a series of things that happen - no real plot and there is absolutely no attempt to create well-rounded characters. Perhaps the author didn't feel the need as they had done this in earlier books. But it just meant that the characters all blended into one and were very dull. I also didn't like the way that the grandfather won the money but it was assumed it would be spent by everyone - that just came across as selfish and greedy and then he couldn't go on the holiday anyway. I read it because I had been on a similar cruise so was interested from that point of view. But horrible characters, dull characters and a non-existent plot line. Lazy writing.

Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Rehydrating Rose Facial Polish 100g
Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Rehydrating Rose Facial Polish 100g
Offered by ClareAbelle

5.0 out of 5 stars But check the price!, 7 Dec. 2013
I love love love this stuff. I used to buy it at Amazon for ease - but please note (if the price still stays at 31.99 as it is today) - it is half this price from Neals Yard. Why have they hiked the price up so much????!!!

Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn
Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn
by Nell Gavin

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too pleased with itself, 9 Aug. 2011
This was just ok. A little long - and it just felt like the author was a little too pleased with the idea. I didn't find it life-changing and the fact that the author writes at the end that it is - just seems a little too precious for me. An Ok idea, worth a read - but nothing special.

Bliss Aroma Diffuser AQUA Air Purifier Humidifier Air Freshener Essential Oil Diffuser Scent Diffuser

5.0 out of 5 stars Not silent - but brilliant anyway, 31 Mar. 2009
I loved these so much I bought two. So I do love them. But I will say that, as someone who needs it quiet at night to sleep, they are not what I would call silent. They are probably the quietest on the market. But I can hear a slight whirring at night and you can definitely hear the water bubbling away. So just a warning there.
But they have helped to create a better atmosphere in the house - my skin is not dry anymore and I don't get a blocked up nose in the evening.
They last about 4 hours and despite the instructions saying you have to buy special oil - essential oils from the health food shop or chemists work fine - or even Olbas Oil to help with breathing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2012 4:06 PM GMT

Summer Heights High [DVD]
Summer Heights High [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Lilley
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you laugh and cry, 31 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Summer Heights High [DVD] (DVD)
I am a teacher so was so interested in this series. Absolutely LOVED it. Started off really disliking the character of Jonah - cos yes there ARE characters like him in real life and I have taught them!!!
But then started to warm to him and change my mind about his teachers. To the point that I was sobbing in the last show.
This is what I love about our British comedy classics - they do this so well - have you laughing and then wallop you with a really touching scene and THIS Australian series has managed to do that too.
BRILLIANT!!!!

You Are What You Eat: The Meal Planner That Will Change Your Life
You Are What You Eat: The Meal Planner That Will Change Your Life
by Carina Norris

5.0 out of 5 stars That's the point..., 22 April 2007
I just want to defend this book. The VERY reason I bought this was because it had nothing to do with Gillian McKeith. It has a much more relaxed, realistic and achievable guide to eating healthiliy. I LOVE the recipes in there. They are set out Month by Month which can make finding them a little difficult but you soon get used to it. It's SOOO interesting to read. If you enjoy eating healthily try this!

Imperfectly Natural Woman: Getting Life Right the Natural Way
Imperfectly Natural Woman: Getting Life Right the Natural Way
by Janey Lee Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and Funny - Not Preachy, 17 Sept. 2006
I was in two minds whether to buy this but read all the good reviews and went for it. I am SO glad I did. it is brilliantly written - I read it from cover to cover and then read it again. I have changed a lot of my beauty products already. It was something she said. If you won't put chemicals In your body - why put them ON your body. Makes sense! The book doesn't make you feel as if you have to change everything. it doesn't preach - just tells it like it is. If you are in any doubt - BUY IT! It's a wonderful read and good for you too!

Quentins
Quentins
by Maeve Binchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Quentin's is unputdownable!, 27 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Quentins (Paperback)
Quentins is a brilliantly crafted book. I LOVE the way she switches between the main characters and the short stories.
I couldn't put this book down! It's a real summer holiday book to take you away from it all. If you've enjoyed Maeve Binchy's books before you will LOVE this one.