Profile for AG > Reviews

Tort Law: Text and Materials
Tort Law: Text and Materials
by Mark Lunney

2.0 out of 5 stars Long-winded, disorganised and messy., 22 Jun. 2010
I've just finished the GDL, and unfortunately, this book was set as the course's key textbook. The book is very long-winded, disorganised and sloppily written. The only reason I haven't given it one star is that, to be fair to it, it is fairly comprehensive. Much better, I've found, is Winfield and Jolowicz, which is far clearer and more thorough

Wyatt and Dashwood: European Union Law
Wyatt and Dashwood: European Union Law
by Derrick Wyatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - better than many of the other books on the market, 25 Mar. 2010
I highly recommend this book. In my opinion - and, for that matter, in the opinion of many of my peers on the GDL I am currently enrolled on - it is clear, well-ordered and comprehensive. Also, it is much, much better than many of the other books on the market, e.g. "EU law" by Steiner and Woods.

Criminal Law
Criminal Law
by Professor Alan Reed

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely badly written and confusing, 25 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Criminal Law (Paperback)
I have to confess that I really don't understand how the other reviewers of this book could be so praiseworthy of it. To me - and, indeed, to many of my friends studying the same law course as I - this book is awful in every sense. The sentence construction is confusing and clumsy; while admittedly not written in "legalese", the language the authors use is obtuse and unnecessarily wordy, as if the authors want to show off their use of a thesaurus in every second sentence they write; and the explanation of key concepts is often very unclear. I strongly advise you to look for alternatives!

Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, and Human Rights: A critical introduction
by Ian Loveland

1.0 out of 5 stars A wordy, unclear and self-indulgent textbook, 19 Nov. 2009
I currently study on a GDL programme, and was given this textbook at the beginning of the year, to be used as the set-text for the course. I find the book to be lacking clarity, unnecessarily and infuriatingly wordy, and to engage in self-indulgently long discussions about nothing very much. Look for alternatives; I've had to.