Profile for Kiki > Reviews

Kiki

Time Gap: Hidden Object Mystery
Time Gap: Hidden Object Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money?????, 16 Aug. 2014
This is a great version of the hidden object game, but I have one major concern. Like so many &#34;free&#34; or cheap apps, you thdn have to spend money buying bundles of coins and crystals in order to help you progress through the levels. Also, the object or rules of the game are not terriblyclear.
As a customer, I would have been better served by paying more up front and less when inside the game. Do not let your kids anywhere near this.
Otherwise, this would have been 5 stars. A shame, really.

The Fiery Cross: (Outlander 5)
The Fiery Cross: (Outlander 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so fiery, 22 Aug. 2011
So this is Book 5 in the series and my least favourite so far. Not nearly as gripping as the others and in my humble opinion about 1/3 too long, full of rather a lot unnecessary waffly detail. Jamie and Claire sleeping in the woods...Stephen Bonnet mucks things up for them...Claire using more herbs...Stephen Bonnet getting in the way...Brianna breastfeeding...more sleeping in the woods. It could have done with a snappier pace. I was getting more than a tad fed up with the situation re Stephen Bonnet - it just feels like it's dragging on. Also Roger must be the unluckiest character in the whole series. Poor guy - when is he going to get a break, because nothing much positive seems to happen to him..? If you get this far in the series, keep going but do indulge in a little skim-reading, unless you are totally fascinated in pre-Revolution Carolinian history. Me, not so much.

Drums Of Autumn: (Outlander 4)
Drums Of Autumn: (Outlander 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-down-able!, 22 Aug. 2011
Yet another fab read from Ms Gabaldon! While I preferred the earlier books set in Scotland, it's great to find out what happens to Jamie & Claire in the New World, along with other members of their family. My only criticism is that I wish the author would stop telling us the same information over again (Duncan Innes only has one arm; Jamie has two stiff fingers on his right hand, etc). I do miss the Scottish setting, though and I did find it disconcerting to have more than one voice tell the story, but you soon get used to it.

Cross Stitch (Outlander, 1)
Cross Stitch (Outlander, 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most entertaining diversion!, 20 July 2011
I must confess when I was given this I thought it would be the typical American 'Brigadoon' view of Scotland, our culture and our history and to a small degree it is. You do have to suspend some disbelief at times and there are small things with the language that grate (the use of the very English 'small' instead of the ubiquitous Scottish 'wee', for example). That said, once I met Jamie, I was hooked! The characterisation is excellent and you really feel for and get to know these charachters, albeit rather too intimately at times, it seems.
I have read the first two books in the series and found them quite un-put-downable. Just sit back, indulge and lose yourself in the story - it's worth every minute!