Profile for Jacqueline > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Child Bride
The Child Bride
by Cathy Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very touching and in places sad book about a young girl who was saved from ..., 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Child Bride (Paperback)
This is a very touching and in places sad book about a young girl who was saved from a forced marriage. Zeena has been through so much before she was taken into care by her own wish. Cathy Glass writes great books but what she has done to help kids is the best. Zeena took ages to open up through fear but thank goodness she did in the end.
Not only was she forced into marriage at 13 by an older man she was also raped by a cousin a few years before this and then blamed for it by her family.
I wish her all the best.

The Kids from 47A - The Complete Series 1 [DVD]
The Kids from 47A - The Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christine McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories., 28 Oct. 2014
I used to love this program back in the 70's. I have been looking for years for footage of this on you tube with no luck. I was so pleased then to hear from a friend that the first two series were available on dvd. I bought it and I am now re living it. I only had vague memories of the story line but remember it was about some kids being looked after by their elder sister. At the time I thought Jess was an adult, then she was 16 and I was about 8! It is a good series, fun to watch and a good story line. It is very 70's and fun to see the old fashions and styles again. Funny also to think the kids would now be in their 50's!.

PedalPro Double Rear Bicycle Pannier Bags
PedalPro Double Rear Bicycle Pannier Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful addition for your bike., 11 Sept. 2014
Bought these ages ago and they are very handy for shopping or days out. Don't over fill them as I did and mine tore but that was my fault. Fits easily onto most bikes. As I don't drive these have proved a good buy.

MY 12" Inflatables Football Basketball Ball Pump
MY 12" Inflatables Football Basketball Ball Pump
Offered by EXCELTRADING

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 11 Sept. 2014
Very useful thing to have, simple to use and works well, very good piece of equipment for it's very cheap price, pleased we bought it as my son has lots of balls so we were able to give them all a good pump.

Metaltex 33 cm Aluminium Mesh Splatter Screen Splash Guard
Metaltex 33 cm Aluminium Mesh Splatter Screen Splash Guard
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than most splash guards., 11 Sept. 2014
Very useful gadget. Great for frying pans without lids. I liked the larger size of this as we found most splash guards were too small for our larger pan.

Charles Bentley Kids Adjustable Junior Youth Basketball Net 1.38 - 2M Sports System Hoop Backboard On Wheels
Offered by BuyDirect4U

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT., 11 Sept. 2014
This has been a great success , my son loves it. It was a fiddle to put together but once done worth the hassle. The height is suitable for his age 12 and I have had fun with it too. It is adjustable so could be used for younger children too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Jun. 2014
We like these because it works out heaper than buying new pens each time and my son gets through loads of these. They last a good while too and very easy to put in pencil case or pocket.

Dry Mango Powder 100g | FREE U.K POST | AMCHOOR / AMCHUR POWDER, POWDERED MANGO, DRIED MANGO
Offered by Crazee Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 25 Mar. 2014
. I have used product before and needed it for a recipe but can't find it in supermarkets. I needed it for a spicy beef recipe, I can't think of anything that could be used as a substitute. Also the product was a good size, Last time I bought it, it came in a huge pack that we ended up wasting as it had lost it's taste. it is often used in curry recipes too.

Wilde Winter Songbook
Wilde Winter Songbook
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Festive Album, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wilde Winter Songbook (Audio CD)
Where do I start? I received this album yesterday and was going to wait till Dec 1st to play it as it is a Christmas album. Then I thought, no, I must play it so I can give Kim feed back and review it on here etc, good excuse!

Kim and her brother Ricky have spent the best part of the year writing this album. They are both as excited and enthusiastic about the record as us fans are. There are six covers of classic Christmas songs; 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'(a song Kim sang with the late Mel Smith in 1987 for Comic Relief), 'Let It Snow', 'White Winter Hymnal', 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas', 'Winter Song' and 'Winter Wonderland'. and six brand new ones: 'Hope', 'Song For Beryl', 'Burn Gold(Silent Night)','Hey Mister Snowman', 'One' and 'New Life'. It is quite rare for people to write new Christmas songs these days so this is impressive.
Along with Kim and Ricky are Scarlett Wilde(Ricky's daughter), singing backing harmonies.
As I play this album, I can imagine my family around me and almost see decorated Christmas trees with all their lights.
It is a very special Christmas album,some of the songs very personal to Kim. I love it all but do have some personal favourites:
Song For Beryl is a song written by Kim and Ricky for a dear friend of her family, it is a sweet, touching song, mingled with slight sadness but still with a message of love.
Hope, features backing vocals by Kim's daughter Rose and another friend, it is a lovely song, beautifully sang by Kim and the two youngsters. I love hearing children and young people singing at Christmas, it just works so well.
New Life, so appropriate at Christmas when we celebrate the birth of the baby Jesus, this is especially written for unborn children but it's a song that will touch the heart of us all, parents or not I think. Winter Song is performed almost acapella style with just a touch of instrumental import. Marty Wilde joins them for White Winter Hymnal it is a cover a Fleet Foxes song, I love the Wilde's version so beautifully harmonised. We also are treated to Burn Gold(Silent Night), a pretty Christmas Ballard, featuring Hal Fowler(Kim's Husband)and ending with the classic Christmas carol, lovely.
They have given the covers their own touch too. Rick Astley is guest on 'Winter Wonderland', a real classic song and the version here wont disappoint. Also covered is 'Let It Snow', which just makes us dream we are sitting cosily round an open fire, without a care about the cold weather outside. The two closing tracks are upbeat, we have 'Hey Mister Snowman', a fun cherry song and 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, this time with Nick Kershaw, I love the reference to Potters Bar at the start who remembers Kim's free performance on the train last Christmas! Lol.
This album should be in everyone's Christmas stocking this year!
Okay here is a link to kim's track by track account on her website
[...] hope link works).

Will You Love Me?: The story of my adopted daughter Lucy
Will You Love Me?: The story of my adopted daughter Lucy
by Cathy Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars A very touching and heart warming story, 30 Oct. 2013
I love Cathy Glass bookd, I have read lots of them. Will You Love Me is a beautiful story. Lucy's Mum, Bonnie had a rotten start in life and you can see she loved her daughter but was struggling to parent her.
Cathy took Lucy in as a foster child to begin with and the whole family fell in love with her.
Lucy fits in so well in Cathy's family it's like she is meant to be there. It is lovely that Cathy addopted her and gave her a loving home that she deserved.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5