Profile for R. Street > Reviews

Content by R. Street

R. Street (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
In-Oven In-BBQ Grill and Smoker Digital Meat Thermometer-Kitchen Timer-Instant Read Meat Thermometer With Oven Probe-Touchscreen Kitchen Cooking Thermometer- Perfect for In-Oven Roasts and Meat Smoker
Offered by AllyProducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good after-sales support, 25 Jun. 2016
I previously owned a cheaper product like this one that required me to wiggle the wire to get it to work properly, so when it came to replacing it when it finally gave up the ghost I decided to pay a little extra and go for something a bit more robust.

I was not disappointed everything about this digital meat thermometer was miles better than what I previously had from its touch screen down to the sensor itself which worked perfectly. The customer service is also very good, on purchasing this product they sent me a PDF with details on how best to use the meat thermometer to measure the temperature in different cuts of meat and also a follow up to ensure that everything was working correctly.

By purchasing this product you don't just get the product, you also get the after-sales support.

The Battle of the Void (The Ember War Saga Book 6)
The Battle of the Void (The Ember War Saga Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another page turner, 25 Jun. 2016
Once again I could not put this next book down and it was over too quickly.

I don't know how the author does it but his attention to detail and his imagination appears to know no bounds in keeping the reader captivated by this world he has created. There are action packed battles, some revelations, new discoveries as the plot thickens and serious moments but also humour to break it all up, such as those from one of my favourite characters Standish.

If you have already read the previous books in the series you owe it to yourself to buy the next one. You won't regret it.

I eagerly await the next book.

1byone Easy Chime Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit, Additional Battery Operated Receiver with CD Quality Sound and LED Flash 36 Melodies to Choose, Black
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and works over distance, 14 Dec. 2015
So far this has been one of the best wireless doorbell systems I have purchased. My problems with previous types has been how unreliable they have been or how they are set off by a neighbours doorbell system. Not with this, I purchased an extra receiver to use from my office in the garden and its range seems to easily extend to 30metres if not more.

Kitzyme Conditioning Tablets, 600 Tablets
Kitzyme Conditioning Tablets, 600 Tablets

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get them in the cat, 15 Nov. 2015
Why companies make pills or treatments for cats pill shaped I really can't understand. Anyone who's has tried to gives a cat a worming pill (or any type of pill or tablet) will know what I mean.

The cat this was intended for refuses to eat them or allow me to place it in her mouth. One of our cats tries to eat them but because of the shape they just fall out of his mouth and he gives up after a few tries. The only way I can get a cat to eat one of these is to crush a pill mix it with butter and place it on the cats paw.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but tricky to setup, 15 Oct. 2015
I've setup several of these types of IP cams before all of them made in China. They generally have the same problems in getting them started. I plugged mine into Ethernet and then used the software on the cd to locate the camera on the network. The camera is setup to automatically get an IP address through Ethernet. Once you work out what this is you can access the camera through its web interface using a browser. I then changed the default password. One thing I didn't like, is to see any video through the web interface you needed to download a browser plugin which only worked in Internet Explorer. I can't for the life of me work out why they can't use normal push streaming as I've seen used with other ip cams through their web interface and works in all browsers. The P2PWebcam iPhone software works well. You give it the special code on the camera type in your password and it finds the camera for you which you can view from anywhere in the world you have an Internet connection. The picture quality is Very good it is HD quality and the night vision also appears to be good although I haven't tested the range of the night vision. This would be a great product if the company that made it had spent some time on the documentation and installation instructions. I find so many times these products are let down by poor documentation and software that isn't very intuitive. Get that right and you'll get better reviews and sell more of these cameras.

Constitution: Book 1 of The Legacy Fleet Trilogy
Constitution: Book 1 of The Legacy Fleet Trilogy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a quick read, 22 Aug. 2015
I did like this book but as someone mentioned it did feel very much like BSG, regardless I wasn't able to put it down and finished the book in two days. For me this is one of those fast paced action books you don't really have to think about that I usually pickup in between other more thought provoking reads such as those by Peter F Hamilton.

I will definitely be reading the next book in the series when it is available.

Dell OptiPlex Computer Tower with Dell LCD Black / Silver Monitor - Intel Core 2 Duo CPU - 250GB Hard Drive - 4GB RAM - DVD - Wireless Internet Ready - Keyboard and Mouse - Genuine Windows 7

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the top of the range, but not bad at all., 29 July 2015
To be honest I only purchased this computer for the monitor, but was pleasantly surprised by the machine itself. As always I ran spyware searches on the machine before hand and it was completely clean. It makes a nice handy desktop machine for web browsing, emails and office documents.

Linx 10 inch Tablet with Free Windows 10 Upgrade
Linx 10 inch Tablet with Free Windows 10 Upgrade
Offered by The Designer Laptop Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not just a tablet, its a PC!, 19 April 2015
My review is about the 10 inch version of the tablet on which I am writing this review from. I think for the price this tablet is amazing and I have tried the more expensive Windows Tablets, while it may not be as fast as the other top range windows tablets on the market you wouldn't notice it especially while surfing the web or editing office documents.

I think the problem with many tablet devices, is that many people expect the Apple iPad "it works perfectly out of the box" experience. While I personally was after Windows 8 in a tablet format as I already have an iPad which is great, but certain sites out there wont work from the iPads web browser but they will from a standard PC which is basically what this tablet is. Its a full Windows PC if you plug in a standard monitor, mouse and keyboard you wouldn't know the difference.

I find the tablet fast and easy to setup. If you've setup a Windows 8 device this is exactly the same. However things I find that let the tablet down is its battery life (5-6hrs) and how even on sleep mode (Windows 8 feature) it still seems to somehow slip out of sleep mode and eat battery and go flat unlike my laptop that will happily stay in sleep mode unplugged over the weekend and spring back into life when I bring it out of it. Because of this I usually shut it down, although the tablet boots incredibly fast.

The touch screen works flawlessly for me and is usually something that you'd expect to let a device in this price range down (It certainly is on budget Android tablets). The Origami keyboard (mine was included in the purchase) is a lovey idea although it is horrible to use! The problem with the keyboard is that on both sides the keyboard is slightly lifted off the surface which means you have to hit the keys on the edges harder as the keyboard gives way underneath which means you end up having to use the backspace button and awful lot!

I think for the price as a tablet and Windows PC for email, browsing and document writing you are getting a great deal.

Draper Expert 45576 32 cc Petrol Brush Cutter and Line Trimmer
Draper Expert 45576 32 cc Petrol Brush Cutter and Line Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for overgrown allotments, 10 April 2015
I purchased this to clear brambles and overgrown grass from an allotment plot. The foliage was just about up to my waist it was so high. This cutter went through it like a hot knife through butter. The brush cutting attachment certainly gets the job done and I would recommend that when using this machine you get yourself some suitable face protection or you'll have the odd bit of foliage hitting you in the face every now and again. Another thing I would say is to make double sure you attach the brush blade correctly. My first experience with the brush cutter vibrated my arms uncontrollably and I discovered the blade wasn't fitted correctly, after refitting everything worked perfectly.

Buffalo LS-WX4.0TL/R1-EU 4TB LinkStation Duo 2 Bay Desktop NAS
Buffalo LS-WX4.0TL/R1-EU 4TB LinkStation Duo 2 Bay Desktop NAS

3.0 out of 5 stars After 2 years of usage (two failed disks), 2 Jan. 2015
I purchased this NAS drive 2 years ago. It came with Seagate Barracuda Hard Disks, the first of which failed after 1 year of usage. I replaced the disk and the NAS nicely rebuilt the RAID array without any problems. The second of the original disks failed just after Christmas so lasted roughly 2 years before failing and I replaced it with identical disks and the array rebuilt without any problems. What I find confusing is Buffalo recommend using their own brand OP-HD disks on their website for replacements, however I can't understand why they don't ship the product with them in the first place.

I have been told that the best disk to use for a NAS are the WD Red disks. I would have expected a longer disk life for a NAS drive and can't understand how the disks could have failed so soon. I have identical Seagate disks inside a server which have lasted longer than this, so will wait and see how long the replacement disks last.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4