Profile for Londoner > Reviews

Content by Londoner

Londoner (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Pulsin' Unflavoured Soya Protein Powder 1kg | 90% Protein| Natural | Gluten Free | Vegan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protein. Nice neutral taste, 18 April 2016
Product tastes excellent! Much better than hemp protein! Moxes well with water!

The Uncook Book: The Essential Guide to a Raw Food Lifestyle
The Uncook Book: The Essential Guide to a Raw Food Lifestyle
by Tanya Maher

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is not Vegan!!! Some good recipes though, 18 April 2016
A lot of interesting and simple recipes but I just wanted to point out that this book is not vegan. There are some honey based recipes. Was kind of shocked by this because I assumed a raw book meant it was raw vegan. This point aside there are plenty of vegan recipes in the book to keep fellow vegans happy.

Amazon need to change their algorithm though. This book shouldn't come up when searching "raw vegan", in my opinion. The search result is misleading a bit.

Victorinox Climber - Blue Transparent
Victorinox Climber - Blue Transparent

2.0 out of 5 stars blunt blades. I think I got a faulty one!, 15 Mar. 2016
I have owned two of these same knives before (red ones) and this one had dull blades and the tweezer didn't come out cleanly - it scraped against the sides. The one I got wasn't up to the usual Victorinox standards hence the 2 star rating. I'm waiting for my refund to be processed then I will try buy a red one to see if that is any better.

ABUS 64TI/30 30mm Titalium Padlock Keyed KA6311
ABUS 64TI/30 30mm Titalium Padlock Keyed KA6311

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Feb. 2016
light and feels strong!

Bose ® QuietComfort ® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not won over - wait for a future iteration, 21 Feb. 2016
Review for newer QC20 in ear headphones:
Fairly good noise reduction, but voices, PA announcements and loud chav music can still be heard! On the London underground it greatly reduces the loud train noise which is good. However you constantly feel like you are on an aeroplane taking off or descending in the sea whilst scuba diving. You get a strange pressure sensation in the ears which is uncomfortable.

There is a noticeable hiss noise when using the headphones in a quiet room with the noise cancelling feature on. It is unbearable and I have to turn the noise cancelling feature off to listen to music. I am not sure whether the hiss is there or not when I am out and about because I don't notice it. It is possible that the hiss is still there but drowned out by the ambient background noise (people talking, cars, buses). Also you can hear the hiss when listening to music if you listen out for it. This is unforgivable for a £260 pair of headphones.

Another point is that the battery pack is in the wrong place and is annoying. Everytime I take my iPhone out to change the song I have to fiddle around for a bit to get hold of the battery pack behind the phone before changing music. It is inconvenient to say the least.

Finally as other reviewers have said, the mic is way too low down from the throat. You have to physically hold it to take calls, unlike with the generic apple headphones. No idea how Bose got this so wrong!

I will probably be returning these as there are too many flaws to justify the £260 price bracket. Hopefully they will improve upon the design in their future iterations to justify the cost, but as it is, I wouldn't recommend these.

I highly recommend that you buy from bose directly and take advantage of their 30 day trial period. You can then get a feel for how this performs in the real world and return it for a full refund if you are not happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2016 1:21 PM GMT

SanDisk 64 GB Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive up to 245 MB/s FFP - Black
SanDisk 64 GB Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive up to 245 MB/s FFP - Black
Offered by MemoCow

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as fast as I had hoped., 19 Feb. 2016
Ok-ish - not as fast as I had hoped! I have been using it on a USB 2.0 port so that is probably the reason. but it's no faster than any other usb 2.0 device.

Also the mechanism for sliding the usb port end in and out is very annoying. Poorly designed. Sometimes when you shove the drive into a usb port the metal bit goes back into the plastic case. This is very frustrating. I would much rather have a solid fixed cap than a usb stick that is retractable.

Incognito All Natural Deet Free Anti Mosquito Insect Repellent Spray (100Ml)
Incognito All Natural Deet Free Anti Mosquito Insect Repellent Spray (100Ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept mosquitoes at bay! Excellent!, 19 Feb. 2016
Kept mosquitoes at bay! Excellent! Just got back from a trip to india and this kept the insects at bay. Only had 2 or 3 bites in my whole trip, and that was when I neglected to use this. When I put this spray on, I was never bitten!

It does have this weird smell which takes some getting used to, but I'd rather deal with the smell than be bitten by potentially Zika virus carrying mosquitos.

I recommend using this item in a well ventilated area.

3x Wisdom Clean Between Interdental Brushes - Pack of 20 - Size Fine Blue
3x Wisdom Clean Between Interdental Brushes - Pack of 20 - Size Fine Blue
Offered by Direct-to-Home Dental Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't come with a case!, 19 Feb. 2016
disappointed this didn't come with a case like my previous interdental brushes did. Get one with a case so these don't get bent just sitting around in your toiletries box.

Tiger tuff bag foolscap A4+ size single bag - assorted colours
Tiger tuff bag foolscap A4+ size single bag - assorted colours
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars great item!, 19 Feb. 2016
good bag - fairly rigid and kept my documents unbent whilst on holiday!

iPhone 5 Waterproof Case, iThroughTM iPhone 5s Waterproof Case, Dust Proof, Snow Proof, Shock Proof Case with Screen Protector Carrying Cover Case for iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4 (Black)
Offered by iThrough Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems flimsy. Also lanyard won't feed through the hole for it!, 19 Feb. 2016
Not my cup of tea - the lanyard doesn't fit through the hole for it and also the rubbery membrane on the top of the phone to allow the user to use the touch screen feels very very fragile! Now idea how this is supposed to survive a scuba dive! I wasn't won over so returned the item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2016 12:48 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15