Profile for Mr. D. J. Croydon > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. J. Croydon

Mr. D. J. Croydon (Bucks., UK)

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 May 2015
Brilliantly conceived and written. Can see why it won the Pulitzer.

Treasure Islands: Tax Havens and the Men who Stole the World
Treasure Islands: Tax Havens and the Men who Stole the World
by Nicholas Shaxson

5.0 out of 5 stars The real truth about bankers, 19 April 2013
They're even worse than currently portrayed. But given the scale of the problem, is it even possible to contemplate how to put them back in their box? The offshore industry is like an out-of-control virus - big enough, corrupt enough and connected enough to circumvent any government - even assuming those governments want to control them. There is little evidence they do. Compelling reading: it makes you furious and helpless in equal measures.

Books Mean Business: How to Be More Successful by Publishing a Book
Books Mean Business: How to Be More Successful by Publishing a Book
by Sue Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Self publishing made easy, 9 Mar. 2009
I've done a bit of publishing myself, and I can say that this is extremely useful information for anyone starting from scratch who wants to get something important in their lives into print.

MacSpeech Dictate - Version 1.5 (Mac/Leopard) with USB Plantronics headset
MacSpeech Dictate - Version 1.5 (Mac/Leopard) with USB Plantronics headset

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading the public, 1 Oct. 2008
Nowhere on any of the information on your site does it say that this software only works with Intel-based Macs. It actually says you need Mac OSX Leopard, so I had it installed specifically so I could run this. Check out all the info you have available: nowhere does it say, "Only Intel chip Macs." Even on the box, once it arrived and I'd tried unsuccessfully to install it, there is only a tiny 2-point message under system requirements. This is a major differentiating requirement: there are loads of Macs out there that are not Intel based and it appears to be promoted as if it works on any of them that are OSX 10.5.1 or above. Needless to say, with the disks out of the box, I can no longer get a refund. I am seriously considering reporting the business to Trading Standards for such misleading promotion. If it only works on Intel, You need to SAY SO IN BIG LOUD CAPITALS - EVERYWHERE. I am spitting feathers (in case you didn't notice).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2008 3:18 PM GMT

The Wind in the Pylons: Adventures of the Mole in Weaselworld: 1
The Wind in the Pylons: Adventures of the Mole in Weaselworld: 1
by Gareth Lovett Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Robert Evans writes..., 29 Jan. 2007
Its taken me a while to pick it up, but having read it I was desperate for the next installment! Await vol.2 with impatience.

Personally, I feel Gareth has hit the nail on the head and brought out many of the issues/arguments that are relevant in society and getting worse. I for one identify with much of weasel world and much that is out of balance.