Profile for Lennie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Taylor 9ft Blue Tournament Bowls Measure with Belt Clip and Calipers
Taylor 9ft Blue Tournament Bowls Measure with Belt Clip and Calipers

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for casual use but not otherwise, 11 May 2015
I've used this for 7 months now so a few comments.
The good: I like the fact that it uses wire rather than string as it is less easy to stretch it too much and so distort the measure as you move between each wood. Its size makes it easy to carry round in a pocket.
The not so good; it has a relatively strong spring on it so moving/adjusting the end by a small amount to get the precise distance is quite difficult. For the same reson measuring a very short distance ( a few inches) is quite hard to get correct. The release knob on the top is situated at the back of the measure (not the middle like some makes) which makes it harder to push/release while keeping the body of the measure perfectly still and flat on the ground. If you do get one don't buy the blue version as it makes it harder to see the back nib against the green grass!
Overall it's OK if you are just using it for friendly games etc but if you do a lot of marking (eg as a qualified marker) then I would look elsewhere.

AP Automotive AWB 005 020 + AWB 005 015 Aero Flat Windscreen Front Wiper Blades
AP Automotive AWB 005 020 + AWB 005 015 Aero Flat Windscreen Front Wiper Blades
Offered by Xtreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Sept. 2014
Great deal. They work well; no squeaks. Easy to fit (easier than taking the old ones off!). At this price what's not to like? Will buy this type again for my other cars when needed.

May We Be Forgiven
May We Be Forgiven

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave up, 18 Jun. 2014
As a keen reader this is the first book I've given up on in a decade (I even managed to get through all of Cloud Atlas which I really hated!). After 177 pages I decided that life is just too short. I couldn't believe in the characters or the story. As for being funny well that passed me by completely. Obviously from the reviews some people like this - another "marmite" book!

Friedland Libra+ Twin Plug in Doorchime Kit D943ETW
Friedland Libra+ Twin Plug in Doorchime Kit D943ETW

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 26 Feb. 2014
These chimes (I ordered an extra one to go with the 2 in this kit) work anywhere in our house - even through cavity walls - where our old kit just stayed silent (even using a repeater). Nice to have a volume control and a flashing light indicator with it as well. As others have said it seems pricey but as with most things you get what you pay for. I couldn't recommend these more!

Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, once you get it working, 7 Jan. 2014
I was looking for a printer to replace my Canon iP4200 which had just stopped working. My requirements were for a printer that had separate and decent sized ink cartridges (which ruled out getting another Canon), had auto duplex printing, gave reasonable photo printing (to 6" x 4" paper) and had AirPrint for my iPad. This seemed one of the few that fitted the bill.
It performs well for me in standard printing and for photo printing. Quality about the same as my old Canon. Further more it is quicker. So all good on that front and I'm happy with its performance.
One disappointment is that you can't load 6" x 4" photo paper from the rear feed tray so you have to remove the paper from the front casette and load it there; inconvenient if you do a lot of mixed printing as I do!

However getting it installed was terrible (as others have found). All I got was an error message that "installation failed" and that was that. Indeed if my son (a software engineer) hadn't been with us over Christmas I doubt I would have got it working at all and it would have gone back to Amazon. The one thing that did happen was that the printer registered itself with my wi-fi. However even trying using the standard Windows printer set up failed to reveal it to the rest of the network. We only got it working by spotting its IP and MAC adress on the printer LCD screen and setting everything up manually; reserving the IP adress for the printer in my router settings. Getting AirPrint to work was similarly hit and miss but finally we did it.
So in conclusion, if you can get this to set itself up, I think you'll be happy with it, but be prepared for problems during set up! By the way, the Epson manual (including the online stuff) is useless in sorting out any problems!

Vax C89-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax C89-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, 30 Dec. 2013
Had this for a while now and like many others it drove me to frustration: poor suction; filter falls off, it blocks up: tools have to be stored separately; to name but a few of the issues.
I've given up and replaced it with a Dyson which does everything this cleaner doesn't. Dysons do cost a lot more but at least they work!

Sigma Sport CR2032 Universal Computer Mounting Bracket. With Speed Cable & Sensor

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 15 Aug. 2013
Just about to place my order for a new cycle computer when I saw this. As it was just the fitting that had broken this matched what I needed. My model was an old 1600 version but it fitted perfectly. Just aligned where to put in the cables in the holder (as there are options) with the old broken one I took off the bike. Worked first time. Looks at least as robust as the original and there was plenty of cable length to affix as required (much more than the original came with). So a £15 saving compared to buying the modern equivalent. Job done!

JnDee™ Samsung LED Chip Inside-GU10 LED Bulb 5W in Warm White Perfect for Replacing 50W Halogen with Opal Cover
Offered by JnDeeLighting

2.0 out of 5 stars not 50w equivalent, 9 April 2013
This is advertised as a replacement for a 50w halogen bulb. Be aware that the stated output is 400 lumen (which is good for a bulb of this type and at this price!) but that a 50w halogen produces about 800 - 900 lumen. I'd say this bulb is equivalent to about a 20w halogen. Certainly they produce a nice light and if the output is Ok for you then I'm sure they will be good. In my house the difference between the 50w halogen and this bulb is very obvious; the halogen throws very sharp and distinct shadows while with the led you can just make out the shadow (this is with a distance from ceiling to floor). I'll await a couple of years before replacing all my halogens in the hope that led output will improve. I need the extra light as I'm using it in an area where I need a good strong light at desk height for craft work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 4:42 PM BST

Massive Boston Outdoor Wall Light with Motion Sensor PIR - Black (Requires 1 x 60W E27 Bulb)
Offered by Delightful-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 17 Feb. 2013
I'm very pleased with this outside lamp. It looks good and being of aluminium and glass it should weather well. It is easy to put up - 2 screws only and to adjust for night/day operation and duration of time light switches on (up to 5 minutes). It is about 9" across and if ,like me, you have a store of the "old" bulbs lying around then it will take these as well (screw fitting). Delivery was very prompt only taking about 2 days. I'd highly recommend this as an outside light.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 8:04 PM GMT

Superlatives.
Superlatives.
by The Superlatist

1.0 out of 5 stars sad, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Superlatives. (Hardcover)
If this is the "funniest book ever published" then I'd hate to see the rest.
Really, really awful. Don't know how the publishers have the nerve.

Addendum:
In reply to others. Yes I do know what "superlative" means. Yes I did get the joke about "funniest book ever published".

After all that: no, I didn't find it funny at all.
Thank heavens for Amazon's return policy, it went straight back.

Page: 1 | 2