Profile for G. Hathorn > Reviews

Content by G. Hathorn

G. Hathorn "NTFH" (Sunny Bedfordshire)

Chuckle - Child Safety Cupboard Locks / Plastic & Material Cabinet Strap Locks with Strong 3M Adhesive Sticker (12 Pack)
Offered by Acacia Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Which to choose?, 16 May 2017
Choosing child locks on Amazon us a challenge, there are so many. I like value for money, so these fit the bill. Having been installed for a few.days now, they seem to do the job well, they are easy to use and are currently saving the little ones fingers. Better on drawers than a cupboard, as on a cupboard you will always have a bit more play. Sticking on works well, better than I hoped really.... seems worth the 5 stars at the moment, I think that when the little one figures out how to open them she will be smart enough not to trap her fingers... We shall see!

Dockers Men's Alpha Khaki Original Slim Trousers, Black, 34W/36L
Dockers Men's Alpha Khaki Original Slim Trousers, Black, 34W/36L

5.0 out of 5 stars Dockers are reliably good, 3 Nov. 2015
I love dockers, as a tall slim man finding a pair of trousers that fits and fits well is a challenge, but dockers come up trumps pretty much every time. the Alpha Khaki range is a really good range of high quality affordable trousers

SanDisk 8 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card Only (Label May Change) - Standard Packaging
SanDisk 8 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card Only (Label May Change) - Standard Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 10 Jun. 2013
Good value, does what it says on the Tin. Currently been in my phone for a month now with no problems.

Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink
Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink
Offered by SmarTechnics

5.0 out of 5 stars Multipack but no box, 3 Nov. 2010
Well, they are Epson ink cartridges, they didn't come in a box but I personally prefer that as the packaging is a complete waste of space... but it might upset others. Delivery was exceptionally quick.

LG RH277H  DVD Recorder - 160GB HDD
LG RH277H DVD Recorder - 160GB HDD

4.0 out of 5 stars Going Digital, 28 Nov. 2007
The HDD DVD recorder seems excellent value for money and does the job perfectly. I don't think you can record and watch a DVD or recording at the same time (other than the timeshift pause live tv function), but I might not have worked that part out yet. The instructions are pretty complicated!

My only concern with this product is it's lack of built in digital decoder, so to record digital I have to use my old digital decoder. My TV has a built in decoder but I don't think I can use that to record, so I have to have an additional decoder......I'm not quite sure what the solution is when the terrestrial signal gets switched off as it is a faff to make sure that the digi box is on the right channel for recording.

So although I'd recommend the product I think that next time I'll definitely get a built in decoder as it would be tens times easier that way. Spend the extra money if you can afford it....

Hey Venus!
Hey Venus!
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars The Under rated SFA continue to excite the ears....., 6 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Hey Venus! (Audio CD)
It seems that every super furries fan has a different favourite, but for me Slow life on Phantom Power is the track that captures their brilliance best. Whether it is for the rockier crowd pleaser or the beautifully crafted ballad I don't think there is a band in the world that is as underrated as the sublime Welsh Wizards.

Hey Venus! seems to me to have been rushed out compared to some of their other work as the quality of the first 4 tracks isn't quite carried through to the second half (Baby ate my eight ball being the exception). Every album has a track or two that doesn't quite fit, Valet Parking, Mario man, Oi Frango and Psyclone! and about half of Guerilla, and for that Hey Venus! has Neo-consumer. The delciously crafted journey through invention and melody is interrupted by Neo-Consumer and Into the night, however into the night is good where neo-consumer could have been written by one of their also ran contemporaries, a little too mindless by SFA standards.

The album is good but not their best, however as songbook kind of proves if you want to mix and match between the albums it doesn't quite work, so I'd recommend treating yourself to the full back catalog and just skip those tracks that don't work. I'll give it 5/5 because every SFA album is better than the competition.