Profile for A. Higgins > Reviews

Content by A. Higgins

A. Higgins

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Have You Seen the Crocodile?
Have You Seen the Crocodile?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not our favourite, 8 July 2011
I bought this book for my young grandson, having loved 'Not Me said the Monkey' and 'Pardon, said the Giraffe', by the same author. These two books are wonderful, and I love reading them, as much as he loves listening to them. I have to say however, that I don't think this one is in the same league...and neither does he. If you are looking for a great book, that's a bit different, choose one of the others.

Perfect Puppy: Take Britain's Number One Puppy Care Book With You!
Perfect Puppy: Take Britain's Number One Puppy Care Book With You!
by Gwen Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Guide, 8 July 2011
I bought this book as a gift for my brother, having used it myself, when I got my last puppy two years ago. I have had dogs all my life, but found it really interesting and full of good tips. It's easy to dip into, and has something for everybody. My brother really enjoyed it, and said it was the best puppy book he had read.

Not Me, said the Monkey
Not Me, said the Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favourite, 29 May 2011
I bought this book, along with 'Pardon Said The Giraffe' for my grandson aged 20months. He loves books and monkeys, so it was a winning combination. It's an unusual and funny story, which would not be wasted on some older children. Fabulous to look at and a joy to read and discuss. Great value for money, it is our favourite story at the moment.

"Pardon?"Said the Giraffe
"Pardon?"Said the Giraffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Gem, 29 May 2011
I bought this book for my grandson aged 20 months, mainly because he loves books and is very into giraffes at the moment. I knew nothing about it, but decided it was not expensive,so worth the risk. He adores it. The story is unusual and funny, and the pictures are beautiful. Treat someone small to this book....it's wonderful.

Joseph Joseph Worktop Saver, Silver - 30 x 40 cm
Joseph Joseph Worktop Saver, Silver - 30 x 40 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Really silver, 29 Oct. 2010
I am very pleased with this item. It has a really silvery finish to it, which is perfect for my new kitchen. Good quality, easy to wash etc. glad I bought it.

Axis Heavy Gauge Chrome Plated Steel Dish Drainer with Cutlery Drainer 35cm x 48cm x 12.5cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Deco dish drainer., 29 Oct. 2010
This is a distinctive item, really different to the run of the mill dish drainers. It has a very deco look about it and is very solid and heavy. I am pleased with it, my only niggle is that cutlery tends to fall through the bars onto the drainer, but I don't like the holder as I feel it spoils the overall look.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars No more dodgey tissue boxes., 29 Oct. 2010
If you want something to hide cheap/dodgey tissue boxes, this is for you. It looks amazing and looks perfect in my funky new kitchen. I was in two minds whether to spend the money or not, but It's great, and I'm glad I did!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Robeez Rock, 31 Mar. 2010
I got these shoes for my 6 mths old grandson, after struggling to find soft shoes for him . Robeez were recommended by a friend, who had bought their boots for her little girl. We are delighted with the shoes. They are well made,smart, very soft for little feet, and never come off. We were so pleased with them that we have now bought a second pair in another colour.

Alessi Set of 4 Coffee Spoons by Miriam Mirri
Alessi Set of 4 Coffee Spoons by Miriam Mirri

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 1 Jan. 2010
I bought these spoons as a gift for a friend. He likes things that are unusual, and is very fond of coffee, so they seemed perfect.

They are smaller than a normal teaspooon, and very different. I would love these myself. So if you like unusual, modern things, that stand out from the crowd, you won't be disappointed by these Alessi Heart spoons.

Forgotten Voices of D-Day: A Powerful New History of the Normandy Landings in the Words of Those Who Were There
by Roderick Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully not forgotten voices, 6 July 2009
I bought this book for my husband, who has enjoyed other books from this series. He thoroughly enjoyed reading it, as the first hand accounts are both fascinating and extrememly moving. The book is very easy to dip into because of its format. My father fought on the Normandy beaches, and so it was especially important for us to read this book. No one can tell the story better than those who were there, and we should record their experiences while they are still with us. Lets hope their sacrifice along with their voices are never forgotten.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3