Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

Content by Rebecca

Rebecca

A Beginners Guide into Crystal Healing ('Power for Life Book 14)
A Beginners Guide into Crystal Healing ('Power for Life Book 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected, 19 Jan. 2014
when you download a free book, generally you don't expect too much from it but this book surprised me. What I was hoping for when I downloaded it was that it would have an alphabetical list of crystals and gemstones listing their healing properties, and that's exactly what I got! It also has a well written and comprehensive introduction, even mentioning some of the history of crystal healing. I am not completely new to the idea of crystal healing, but would also recommend it to someone who knows nothing about it, as it serves well as a beginners guide, just as specified in the title.

Edit: It seems that the book was on offer when I downloaded it, and that is why it was free. Looking at the regular price, I would add that this book seems very reasonably priced.

The Essence (The Pledge Trilogy Book 2)
The Essence (The Pledge Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first, 19 Jan. 2014
I enjoyed the first book, and thought I would buy the second book in the series.
I actually found this one much more enjoyable than the first, as the characters are coming into their own more, the plot is thickening, there are more struggles to deal with and so on. In places this one was a little darker, which I liked. What I particularly liked about this book was the inner conflict of the main character, how she battles with what is her own thoughts and feelings and what Sabara is feeling. I felt at times in the first book that the main character, Charlaina, was just being buffeted along by what others wanted and by outside influences. In this book she is learning how to be a queen and is taking control more.
Over all, a really good read. I look forward to reading the next in the series.

Witch Week (The Chrestomanci Series, Book 3)
Witch Week (The Chrestomanci Series, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 9 Jan. 2014
This was the very first Diana Wynne Jones book I ever read, and since reading it she has been one of my very favourite authors.
Although this is not the first book in the Chrestomanci series, I would recommend it whether you have read the others or not, as the story works just as well as a stand alone as part of the series. (Although I certainly recommend the rest of the series too! They are all brilliant.)
Although this is a children's book, I think it can be enjoyed by all ages. Charming and believable characters, fantastic witchcraft - what more does a good book need! The style of writing, the manner or the witchcraft and the realistic characters made it all very believable and absorbing. Couldn't put it down!