Profile for Mrs M Lay > Reviews

Content by Mrs M Lay

Mrs M Lay

The Pearl Locket: The best historical fiction novel for your summer holidays
The Pearl Locket: The best historical fiction novel for your summer holidays

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read for those of us who thrill at the ..., 21 Jun. 2015
A great read for those of us who thrill at the mere mention of past secrets waiting to be uncovered.

The Perfect Maths Lesson (Perfect Series)
The Perfect Maths Lesson (Perfect Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the first book I have come across that ..., 13 July 2014
This is the first book I have come across that demonstrates how to apply Assessment for Learning to Maths. It is particularly valuable for providing an alternative to 'tick and flick' marking. I am about to start my NQT year and this book has given me the skills and tools to teach maths with confidence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2014 12:52 PM BST

Beach Trip Planner Checklist
Beach Trip Planner Checklist

1.0 out of 5 stars I could not open this app on Kindle, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Beach Trip Planner Checklist (App)
Very disappointed. This is the first app I have had a problem with on Kindle. At least it was cheap.

Write Great Fiction - Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting Dynamic Characters and Effective Viewpoints

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and practical, 14 April 2013
This book is filled with clear explanations and practical exercises to help create interesting and believable characters. I would recommend this book as a good way for a novice writer (like me) to get started.

Self-Publishing Attack! The 5 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws for Creating Steady Income Publishing Your Own Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and entertaining overview, 9 April 2013
This book is a useful overview for anyone thinking about self publishing. It helps to identity areas for development and points you in the right direction.

Quick TimeTable Pro
Quick TimeTable Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and easy to use, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Quick TimeTable Pro (App)
If you're looking for an simple way to display your timetable on your Kindle then I would recommend this app. It's really easy to use without too many options. You can cutomize it by colour and colour code your lessons, adding your own subjects if they are not listed. Very easy to set up.

5pcs Retractable Badge Reel Pen Belt Clip and Carabiner---Random Ink Color
5pcs Retractable Badge Reel Pen Belt Clip and Carabiner---Random Ink Color
Offered by jing sky

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life!!!, 4 April 2013
I love these! I work in a school and always need to be writing children's names on work etc and there's never a pen when you need one. I recommend these to everyone. Delivery was fast and they are a bargain. Couldn't be happier with the product.

School Scheduler
School Scheduler

2.0 out of 5 stars maybe it's just me..., 4 April 2013
This review is from: School Scheduler (App)
but I couldn't get the app to consruct a week-to-view timetable which is what I really wanted. By all means have a look but it wasn't for me.

Writers' & Artists' Guide to How to Write
Writers' & Artists' Guide to How to Write

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily accessible, 30 Mar. 2013
This is the first book I have read on the subject and I found it useful for finding a starting point as I didn't really know where to begin. I feel I can now make a start which is what I hoped for from the book. The spelling errors were a little jarring considering how emphatic the author is about editing work. Overall, a good introduction to writing.