Profile for Mr. T. E. Millinchip > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. E. Mill...

Mr. T. E. Millinchip "Mercutio672" (Paris (temporarily))

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy Book 2)
Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfectly weighted second installment., 27 July 2015
Having battled through and enjoyed the first part of this trilogy, I embarked on the 800 page adventure with trepidation and excitement. It was great to pick up the story with the next generation of protagonists and to experience key events in world history through the eyes of the every day person. The coincidences were far-fetched at some points but this book is fiction. A very good read and I would recommend it to anyone who has read and enjoyed the first part.

Fall of Giants: Enhanced Edition (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
Fall of Giants: Enhanced Edition (The Century Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 6 Mar. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There are plenty of books covering the topic of the Great War but few tackle all sides. The characters were energetic and engaging throughout. My only criticism is the ease with which the characters all happened to be in the right place at the right time for all the key events.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Book 1) (Percy Jackson And The Olympians)

4.0 out of 5 stars captures the imagination, 28 July 2013
As a primary school teacher I thought I had better read what my students were reading. I found the concept of this story engaging and the characters well-created. I felt that sometimes the challenges faced by the children could have been built upon and explained in relation to Greek Myths. It is however a book aimed for children and therefore I would fully recommend it to young and old alike.

Nice And Nicely Done
Nice And Nicely Done
Offered by momox co uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Clappy Indie, 11 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Nice And Nicely Done (Audio CD)
I came across these guys last night when they were supporting the Kooks, along with Boy Kill Boy and Mumm-ra. Have to say that I do quite admire them...their energy onstage was unrivalled and the fact that they kept playing each other's instruments and kept their harmony in tune won me over. This album is most definitely Calfornian Indie...the atmosphere of the Beach boys or Mamas and Papas combined with a fresh indie sound.