Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Galadhrim > Reviews

Content by Galadhrim

Galadhrim

Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Modern Refridgeration and Air Conditioning)
by Andrew D Althouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Tomb into HVAC., 5 Sept. 2014
Recommended to me by my employer, i am an apprentice HVAC technician.

I have two issues with it; first is the multiple choice test questions at the end of each chapter have no answer card to quickly check and second the book is quite big to carry around, especially if you have a few tools and equipment in your bag.

Gave it a show to a few of the qualified engineers/technicians with 10+years exp. They found it to be a pretty good book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 Sept. 2013
Very good, worked once drivers were installed, easy to set up.
Picks up everything In range, I've had a solid connection to my router 2 floors down, no drops in speed.

My biggest worry for wifi adapters is the heat they generate, previous dongles and adapters seemed to run red hot and would die after 3-9 months where as this is running nice and cool, even under constant stress. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and I am happy with my purchase. :)

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Nintendo 3DS)
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by RUGELEY GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 22 Sept. 2013
I've enjoyed quite a few HM titles, the first being HMGB, HMAWL and a few of the DS/wii titles.

I find the game to run smoothly and havn't noticed any bugs or unsightly textures. The visuals of the game are pleasing, I like how trees and forests grow and appear, the ability to move the camera at will and although not providing a 360 degree view, it is not needed and the games camera does a very good job of displaying the game. Entering and exiting areas/buildings is quick and smooth and doesn't break immersion. The interface is pretty well done although being able to add and remove items from the same screen rather than swapping between two would have been nicer. The touch screen is really only for the games map for accepting and declining and the 3D is alright but I'm not someone who plays 3DS games in 3D although it is nice to turn it on and be Wowed once in a while.

I had read the start can be a bit slow and to some degree it is a little more drawn out as it try's to explain the mechanics of the game, which it does clearly. For anyone new to the series the start would help, there is also the option to skip tutorials.

Being able to build up the town and re- arrange/create your farm is really cool too.

So far I am really enjoying it and although it shares the nice friendly look and colour scheme of animal crossing, the game is vastly different as It is based on farming. I remember a previous HM game recomending a good knowledge of English is required to fully enjoy the game and certainly understanding the language the game is being played in helps quite a bit (when it comes down to building relationships with the games characters and the events) however the actual farming should be quite straight forword.

I've found the sound of the game to be in good shape and uses familiar effects from the previous games. I've read you can also create a music player? My only gripe is I'm rather fond of HMAWL's music and wish there was some in there.

Overall for me it does exactly what I wanted it for, a fun good looking and smooth farming game with improvements. I was not really impressed with the previous ds titles and pleased for the most part I missed them out, this game feels like a console game on handheld due to its visuals and gameplay and I think I will have lots of fun with it.
I am happy with my purchase. :)