Profile for A. D. Gherson > Reviews

Cheerful Weather for the Wedding [DVD] [2012]
Cheerful Weather for the Wedding [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Felicity Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ensemble cast, 28 July 2013
I have seen Felicity Jones in several projects so wanted to see how versatile she is and she did the job very well
It was also nice to see John Standing although this was a tiny part which he did with ease
Nice film that deserved more of an airing

I Give It a Year [DVD] [2013]
I Give It a Year [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rose Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars I give it a four, 28 July 2013
Fun film which was very good and I enjoyed it very much
The acting and the script were up to it and I will watch it again
Well done to the leads and ensemble

Margin Call [DVD]
Margin Call [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey

4.0 out of 5 stars Very underrated, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Margin Call [DVD] (DVD)
Kevin Spacey heads a cast and makes this a good bit of cinema
Sets are excellent script is cracking and it should have done better
Maybe it will as part of the rental market so Lovefilm and Netflex make sure you have got the film to satisfy the demands

A Handful Of Dust [1988] [DVD]
A Handful Of Dust [1988] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackson Kyle

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Done to all!, 21 Feb. 2013
I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoys good solid drama and with an excellent cast. I am glad that I have seen it.
Well Done!

The Wedding Video [DVD]
The Wedding Video [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lucy Punch
Offered by Discs4all

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Wedding Video [DVD] (DVD)
It had excellent promise and I thought Lucy Punch has great potential but did not see the whole film as it irritated me,

Where Angels Fear to Tread (Ws Dol) [DVD] [1991] [US Import]
Where Angels Fear to Tread (Ws Dol) [DVD] [1991] [US Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful film, 21 Feb. 2013
A delightful film with a stellar cast made this an enjoyable film to watch. Although not an action film it was a good period peace and I am glad to have purchased it. I shall watch it again as I enjoy films second time around as much as the first time viewing.

Beginners [DVD]
Beginners [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Film, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Beginners [DVD] (DVD)
Great........Good..............Very Good!

Christopher Plummer was outstanding and so was Ewan Mcgregor but the dream casting was Melanie Laurent. She is an actor of many talents and emotions and although she is inbetween two acting heavyweights she is marvellous and is an absolute treat. The film is complex and your emotions are put to the test but since acquiring it I have watched it twice and will watch it again as there are new things to see and new emotions to feel.

Terri [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]
Terri [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars A Special Film, 15 Dec. 2011
A very intesting film that starts slowly but builds into a very good film. It is a great pity I do not think it will reach full audience potential but hopefully in time will get to classic status and people will realise they missed a classic first time round.
Wll Done to everyone

What's Up Doc [DVD] [1972] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
What's Up Doc [DVD] [1972] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars What's Up?, 15 Dec. 2011
Nothing at all can fault this wonderful trip back to my youth. It was funny then an d still has a lot going for it. I bought it for my DVD collection and very happy I did it. It shows Ryan O' Neil post Love Story having fun and Barbara Streissand before she made it really big! But she had real star quality then! Kenneth Mars was good so was Austin Pendleton. Well done to Peter Bodanovitch for making a real comedy classic.

The Soloist [DVD]
The Soloist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx

4.0 out of 5 stars Robert Downey Jr does it again, 11 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Soloist [DVD] (DVD)
Robert Downey Jr and the cast assembled make this a real life event truly watchable. It is is sad, poignant and not at all pretty but it shows the other side of Los Angeles which is where fairy-tails are made and nightmares lurk around the corner.

It is interesting that Working Titles went with this project because they usually have lighter subjects in mind and although I missed it it on its Theatrical Release I am glad I have it for my collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8