Profile for A. D. Gherson > Reviews

A. D. Gherson

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Sleepless in Seattle 1 & 2
Sleepless in Seattle 1 & 2

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I bought this secondhand bitbaring the wrapping this was like new. The songs are great and I listen ..., 9 Aug. 2017
Firstly thank you to the seller because I bought this secondhand but baring the wrapping this was like new. The songs are great and I listen often. Also the film is wonderful.
But, I really want to thank "Music Magpie" for sending such a brilliant copy.

ITV Award Winning British Drama Complete Downton Abbey Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 + Downton Abbey The Finale + Extras + Christmas specials + Commentaries, Deleted Scenes, House in History- Downton Abbey, The Making of Downton Abbey, House to Hospital, Fashion and Uniforms, Romance in a Time of Warfare, Downton Abbey in 1920, Lady Mary's Wedding Day, Lady Edith's Wedding Day, The men of Downton Abbey, An interview with Shirley Maclane, Behind the scenes - The Cricket Match and Lots More!
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A series that shows British Television has some of the finest as credit., 9 Aug. 2017
Brilliant! I never saw Downton when it was premiered but now that I have well almost I am going into Series Six and started watching yesterday. I just cannot get enough of it. The acting is brilliant, the scenery is wonderful and the writing superb. All in all an incredible tour de force that makes it so wonderful. I could single out performances and although some of the characters were more likeable than others everyone used Lord Fellowes words as their own and I am speechless on how well it was done. I will miss the Downton crowd but I shall visit them again and I will do some dipping because its always worth a visit however short.
Finally, five stars is far too little let's give them ten.
Finally, it took me so long to get there but I am now more than a devotee but a fan.

National Treasure (Channel 4) [DVD]
National Treasure (Channel 4) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robbie Coltrane
Offered by UK_Media_Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Series, 26 May 2017
Excellent acting all round and a superb script. This subject is extremely topical and although not pleasant viewing it shows how everything appears to be right but slowly disappears and we are taken into a dark cold and brutal world.
It is not a place to be and although the glamour and glitz seem exciting it is also very frightening.
Watch this well scripted series and see Robbie Coltrane at his best being the worst Julie Walters; Tim McInnerny; Andrea Riseborough are also excellent and very worthy.
I hope produces find another worthwhile script for this ensemble cast to be in.
Well Done!!

Fenvi Wireless LAN Adaptor for for Panasonic Blu-ray Players Panasonic DY-WL5 Replacment Only for Panasonic AV Products NOT for use with a TV or a PC
Offered by HSJTechnology

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Great Value Great Buy, 29 Mar. 2017
Excellent product-did exactly as advertised. Will reccomend it to one and all.
I am not technically gifted and I had a friend install it. It is however very user friendly.
Well Done and Thanks.

Mum's List [DVD] [2017]
Mum's List [DVD] [2017]

5.0 out of 5 stars British Film At Its Best, 26 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Mum's List [DVD] [2017] (DVD)
I cant say that this is an enjoyable film-it is far more than that! It is thought provoking and after the week that has been it brings home to me and I hope for you- that everyone loves others. I will not give any spoilers and suffice it to say it is a very well meaning film. One is always left on our own to battle our emotions. This film shows that when all appears to be gone it may seem it is lost but it is never forgotten.
It is a film that I hope will raise awareness of the terrible illnesses that attack us but life does go on.

I also really have to praise Emilia Fox, Rafe Spall and also William and Mathew Stagg who play their children. Their performances were well balanced and not over the top. They were measured and sensitive. Well Done to you all and the rest of the cast and crew.

I hope Studio Soho produce more films of this calibre as this and although it it cannot be considered a blockbuster in my book it is far better than any of them.

CLAVIER, CHRISTIAN;-ON NE CHOI
CLAVIER, CHRISTIAN;-ON NE CHOI
by Christian Clavier
Edition: DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 April 2016
Very Funny! Very Good! What is the French word I am looking for Formidable!!

BORROWED IDENTITY
BORROWED IDENTITY
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 April 2016
This review is from: BORROWED IDENTITY (DVD)
Excellent

Labyrinth of Lies DVD
Labyrinth of Lies DVD
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Must See, 21 April 2016
This review is from: Labyrinth of Lies DVD (DVD)
This a "B O A T S" (based on a true story) and is very fine indeed. I enjoyed this film well may that is the wrong word-it was an excellent film and I found it quite revealing that a film like that made in Germany criticised a regime that went too far in its way. It is accurate in what it portrays and this is the type of film should be shown to a wider audience in order that they can see what went on.
I hope that if you decide to see this film that you will give it favorable comments.

The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Tim Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars ... the very first time and I think it is excellent. I have seen quite a number of "recent" ..., 21 April 2016
I saw this film recently for the very first time and I think it is excellent. I have seen quite a number of "recent" films that Morgan Freeman has been in and so it was interesting to see one of his earlier ones. The whole cast and production were at the top of their game and it was a fine example of brilliant cinema. It was also extremely well written and although the violence was not excessive it was necessary as it showed the brutality of prison life. It was a rare treat to see James Whitmore who I remember watching him in Gunsmoke.
I am glad I have seen it and I urge you to add it to your library because this calibre of film deserves to be there.

Ruth & Alex [DVD] [2014]
Ruth & Alex [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonfrtful Acting Class., 27 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Ruth & Alex [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Got this from AMAZON USA. Well worth the watch. Both Ms Keaton and Mr Morgan are superb. So is Ms Nixon.
A lot has been said about the plot so I will not dwell on that.
It was excellent all round. I would have kept the original title though "5 flights Up" as much is made of that.
See the film and enjoy.