Profile for D Paterson > Reviews

Content by D Paterson

D Paterson (Edinburgh, Midlothian United Kingdom)

Feather & Stone
Feather & Stone
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding, 15 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Feather & Stone (Audio CD)
Having seen Baxter perform as a support act for Jamie Cullum (absolutely not the same genre - more Coldplay / Jeff Buckley) I eagerly awaited the release of some recorded material. This album is more than I could have expected and a bonus to any record collection. His voice is truly amazing and has echoes of the aforementioned Chris Martin and Buckley, and the songs are very powerful. His first single release 'This Boy' is not my favourite but I understand why they released it. His second single 'Declaration' is the first track on the album and is a cracker - the perfect platform to demonstrate his vocal talents. My personal favourite is 'Day in Verona' which produced the old "hairs on the back of the neck" reaction when I heard him live and continues to impress. This artist is worth supporting and I have brought this album to the attention of many of my friends who have agreed with my assessment. Give it a go - you will not be disappointed.

Want One
Want One

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those special albums, 15 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Want One (Audio CD)
I had been advised of Rufus Wainwright when I was on vacation by my very musically aware cousin in Canada and I stored this information in my memory banks. Lo and behold when I returned to Scotland a friend loaned me a copy of 'Want One' by that very artist. I was, and still am, completely blown away by it, especially the first track 'What a World' which is very theatrical and based on Ravels Bolero. 'Vibrate' was also an immediate hit but the more you listen to the album the more important every track becomes. I cannot recommend this album highly enough and hope I can encourage more to buy this artist's work.