Profile for IanW > Reviews

IanW (Eastbourne, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Anolon Professional Hard Anodised 20 cm Frypan - Black
Anolon Professional Hard Anodised 20 cm Frypan - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I’m very impressed; with proper care this pan will get a lot of use., 16 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Anolon Professional Hard Anodised 20 cm frying pan is great value and very nice to use.
It’s a quality pan; very well balanced and sits well in the hand. It heats up quickly and evenly, and holds the heat very effectively. The handle is solidly attached and easy to hold.
It’s a very versatile pan, and is the ideal size for omelettes and pancakes, which it cooks perfectly. If you like your omelettes finished off in the oven, no problem, it’s fine. However, be sure to use an oven glove on the handle,
When cooking is finished it is very easy to clean. Although safe to do so, it washes clean so easily it isn’t worth putting it in the dishwasher.
If you’ve used it, and want to use it for something else, the non-stick surface can easily be wiped clean with a kitchen towel.
I’m very impressed; with proper care this pan will get a lot of use.

Herbal Essences Golden Moringa Oil Smooth Conditioner, 400 ml
Herbal Essences Golden Moringa Oil Smooth Conditioner, 400 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, worth a try., 15 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife and I have been using Herbal Essences Golden Moringa Oil Smooth Conditioner for several days.

We both feel it leaves the hair feeling good, but I’m not keen on the perfume.

The instructions say to apply “generously” but, if you have short hair, take care, apply too much and you’ll be rinsing forever.

As we already use Herbal Essences products, we didn’t notice much difference, although my wife thinks it might be lightening her hair colour.

Overall, worth a try.

CYGNETT 4000 mAh 2.1 A 1 Port Lithium Polymer Powerbank - Black/Grey
CYGNETT 4000 mAh 2.1 A 1 Port Lithium Polymer Powerbank - Black/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cygnett powerbank does exactly what is says on the box and I am very impressed with its simple functionality., 12 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When a portable device runs out of power, it always seems to be at the most inconvenient time and in the most inconvenient place. A power bank is an excellent way to recharge the device without the need of mains power.

The Cygnett 4000 mAh 2.1 A 1 Port Lithium Polymer Powerbank stores power until you need it and is simple to use. On the top of the unit are two sockets, a micro USB in, and a USB out. The powerbank can be used to recharge the battery of any portable device that can be charged from a USB charger.

Once charged, using any USB charger and the supplied cable, the power bank, which is just 110mm x 60mm x a slim 10mm, can be stored in any convenient place, such as a glove box, office drawer, pocket or handbag until needed. An LED display, activated by a small push button on the top, shows the percentage charge held. The display flashes continuously during charging and, when complete, displays a solid 100%.

To recharge a compatible portable device, just connect to the power bank with the USB cable and power flows automatically. The indicator on the power bank shows how much charge remains.

I didn’t have a completely discharged smartphone, but I had one that was down to 50%. Bringing it up to full charge took 1 hour and 50 minutes, and at the end, the powerbank still had 80% charge remaining. Although this seems quite a long time, the phone can still be used while being charged, which can be a life saver.

When device charging is complete, all you need to do is to take the first opportunity to recharge the power bank; ready for the next time you need it.

Leifheit Window Cleaner with Brush and Squeegee on Telescopic Handle, 110-190 cm
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Like all Leifheit products this window cleaner is of a very high quality and perfect for the job., 9 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Leifheit Window Cleaner has a fairly stiff brush on one side of the 28cm wide head and a rubber squeegee on the other side. It can be used, stand-alone, as a hand-held device or clicked onto the telescopic handle.

The 110cm long handle can be extended up to 190cm and, unlike some similar products, it retains its stability throughout the range. To extend, just pull open the operating lever, slide out the centre section to the desired length and lock the lever back home.

Used dry, the brush is very good for cleaning frames and surround, but not so good at cleaning glass; however, dipped in warm soapy water, it cleans very well. The excellent squeegee leaves glass free of smears and streaks. I found it very useful for cleaning my car windscreen.

The window cleaning head is just one of a range of devices that are part of the Leifheit Click System. Having purchased the handle, the other attachments become really excellent value.

HoMedics STRETCH - Yoga Mat with Adjustable Back Body Stretching, Release Tension, Improve Flexibility, 4 Built-In Treatment Programs, Simple Foldaway Design + Handy Strapping System for Easy Storage

5.0 out of 5 stars A fifteen-minute session gives similar results to a yoga floor exercise session, but with the mat doing the work., 6 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have suffered from back problems for some time so I was very interested to try the HoMedics Stretch Back Stretching Mat. The mat, which folds for easy storage and carrying, is about 120cm long by about 50cm wide. At the “foot end” is a padded bolster and at the “head end” is a detachable pillow.

Before starting, read the excellent instruction manual and, when sure you have understood, lay the mat on the floor, plug the long power cable into the mains and you’re ready to go. If getting down on the floor is a problem, the mat can be placed on an uncovered bed.

Inside the mat, seven precision controlled air bladders inflate to emulate yoga stretching exercises. Four programmes; stretch, flow, energise and stretch help unwind you back. Four intensities; mild, moderate, enhanced and full are available, depending on the flexibility of the back.

I have to say I was a little sceptical but, having used the mat for three days, on the lowest intensity, I can already feel the benefit, even after only a ten-minute sessions. The HoMedics Stretch Back Stretching Mat will be part of my daily routine.

My wife, who regularly practices yoga has been able to give the mat a much more comprehensive test and is very impressed. She says a fifteen-minute session gives similar results to a yoga floor exercise session, but with the mat doing the work.

The wired, hand-held controller is the most disappointing feature of the mat. The buttons a difficult to press and quite stiff, especially when used laying down. I was tempted to reduce the rating to four stars, but that would have been unfair. So, as half stars aren’t an option, I’ve kept it at five.

Once the session has started, it’s quite relaxing, so It would also be very useful to have an inbuilt timer to avoid over doing things. Perhaps that could be a future product enhancement.

Leifheit Pegasus 200 Solid Deluxe Mobile Clothes Airer with wheels, 20 m
Leifheit Pegasus 200 Solid Deluxe Mobile Clothes Airer with wheels, 20 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for airing clothes, indoors or out., 5 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve been a fan of Leifheit products for several years, they are well made and reliable. We’ve been using a Leifheit Linomatic Rotary Washing Line 400 Comfort, 40 m for several years and have been delighted with it. The only downside is that it has a fixed mount which means that, in our garden, it doesn’t get the sun until late morning.

This is where the Leifheit Pegasus 200 Solid Deluxe Mobile Clothes Airer comes into its own. Even fully loaded, it can be wheeled around the garden to find the optimal position. Having said that, it is equally suitable for use indoors; making it perfect for the colder days of winter.

The Pegasus comes ready to unfold; the only installation required is to click on the two wheel units to one end of the base. Also in the pack are five coat hangers, a peg bag with hook and loop fasteners and a mesh for flat drying single items.

To use, pull down the legs, being sure to click them firmly into place and stand it firmly in place. Then fold out the “wavy” bars which hold the coat hangers. These click firmly into place making a wind-proof fit. Although it’s solidly built, it’s light enough that my wife has no trouble opening, closing or carrying it.

Two holders that clip onto the side of the top frame are perfect for small items, such a socks.

When not in use, the Pegasus folds neatly away taking the minimum of storage space.

Purely Essential Cedarwood Oil Certified 100% Pure. 10ml
Purely Essential Cedarwood Oil Certified 100% Pure. 10ml
Offered by Purely Essential

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be effective in eliminating moths., 5 July 2017
We have been unfortunate to have suffered a small infestation of moths. Although we caught it early, most of the products available to tackle it were not pet friendly, and we have two elderly cats. We tried Hangerworld Pack of 30 Cedar Wood Piece Moth Repellent Set - Mixed Shapes 440g which were effective.

We also had some cedar "eggs" that had gone dry. We sanded them down and coated with the Cedarwood oil. Early indications are that it is working.

Hangerworld Pack of 30 Cedar Wood Piece Moth Repellent Set - Mixed Shapes 440g
Hangerworld Pack of 30 Cedar Wood Piece Moth Repellent Set - Mixed Shapes 440g
Offered by Hangerworld

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sceptical that this would be effective but, it seems to be working; we are starting to find dead moths., 5 July 2017

The wood pieces were placed in strategic positions and hung in the wardrobes. I have to say I was sceptical that this would be effective but, it seems to be working; we are starting to find dead moths.

Panasonic ER-GB52 Wet&Dry Beard and Body Trimmer (19x cutting lenghts, Body attachment)

5.0 out of 5 stars Results are perfect, my beard has never look so neat and tidy., 5 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ve has a beard now for more years than I like to remember. I like to keep it short and well-shaped and, over the years have used a variety of trimmers from a number of manufacturers.

The early models tended to leave the face sore but, as technology improved, so did comfort; the big breakthrough was “wet and dry”, which allowed the trimmer to be used in the shower.

The biggest problem I’ve found is that almost invariably, the trim guard and the trim adjuster are integrated so, every time you remove the guard, you need to reset the trim height. Forgetting to do so can leave an embarrassing stripe in the beard which takes several days to regrow.

The Panasonic ER-GB52 Wet and Dry Beard Trimmer is the best I have used to date. In the box are the trimmer, two trim guards, the mains charger, a small bottle of lubricant and a cleaning brush.

In use, the trim height adjuster is separate from the trim guard so it never needs to be reset after cleaning, unless you want to alter your beard length. As for cleaning, just run the trim head under the tap and leave to dry. Removing the guard reveals the trimmer so that beard edges and moustache can be tidied up. Results are perfect, my beard has never look so neat and tidy.

Before putting it away, you need to remove the trim head and apply just three drops of the supplied lubricant, and do this again before next use.

A second guard, which leaves no gap to the trimmer, is provided for the removal of body hair. I haven’t tried this, and probably never will, but it seems perfect for the job.

A big plus for me is the printed instruction manual, not very often provide these days.

A negative is that fully charging the Nickel-Metal Hybrid battery takes 24 hours; I’m not yet sure how long the charge will last. Another disappointing aspect is that there is no indication when the battery has been fully charged. Although charging stops, the indicator light remains illuminated.

However, these niggles have not stopped me giving a five-star rating.

Philips GC7833/80 PerfectCare Compact Steam Generator Iron with 350 g Steam Boost

3.0 out of 5 stars Although we can see the benefit for families and working people, the PerfectCare is not for us, 4 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife and I are both retired and both dislike ironing. Consequently, we have tended to do small batches of ironing, as and when we have a bit of spare time, or when we need a particular item of clothing. On the face of it, the Philips GC7833/80 PerfectCare Aqua Iron Steam Generator seemed to present an opportunity to make the task much easier by getting more ironing done in a shorter period of time.

We were attracted to this system because it's smaller than some similar systems, However, on first opening the box, we were surprised at the size of the base unit, which is quite heavy. When filled to the maximum water level, the weigh increases, making it cumbersome to move.

Having received it we, of course had to try it out. Having been away for the weekend, we had quite a bit of ironing to do, so this seemed a perfect opportunity. The first problem was where to stand it. The illustration shows it mounted on the ironing board, but on our standard ironing board it hung over the edges; the solution was to place the base unit on a table adjacent to the ironing board. Fine, if you have the space and a suitable table, but adds inconvenience.

The water reservoir is quite opaque, so it’s difficult to see the water level when filling. Also emptying the reservoir after use is cumbersome, and was very difficult for my wife.

Control of steam delivery is through a “trigger” on the handle. Constant pressure is necessary so getting the optimal level is very hit-or-miss. We found we usually ended up with too much, leaving wet patches on the garment. Also, the steam hose tends to drag across the garment, getting in the way of free movement.

Results? We really didn’t find a great deal of difference to our conventional steam iron; some items were a little better, some a little worse, but nothing of consequence. Best results were on heavy materials, such as trousers, but shirts were not so good.

Although we did get through a large amount of ironing fairly quickly, we have decided that, for us, our previous routine suits us better. However, the PerfectCare is on standby, for returns from holidays and the aftermath of guests.

Big plus is a properly printed, comprehensive, instruction manual; so unusual in the days of the Internet.

One last point, this is a substantial item and, when not in use, need a fairly large space in which to store it.

In summary, although we can see benefits for families and working people, the PerfectCare is not for us

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20