Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Diablo III (Xbox 360)
Diablo III (Xbox 360)
Offered by Yellow Bulldog Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap., 27 July 2014
This review is from: Diablo III (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Run, kill something, run, kill something - on to another area - run, kill something.

Alinco DX-SR8 - HF all mode 1-100watts base/portable amateur radio transceiver
Alinco DX-SR8 - HF all mode 1-100watts base/portable amateur radio transceiver

5.0 out of 5 stars a goodun..., 26 July 2014
Very good radio. You can scan through the shortwave - scanning is faster on FM - picked up FM DX CB from Germany. Has lots of memory slots - you can store stations and name them, and with a good wire antenna, can pull in some interesting stuff.
Power settings for transmit are 10 Watts and 100 Watts and QRP - good for brand spanking new hams.

Got mine powered by a Nevada PSU, and using a 20 meter horizontal loop wire antenna, for listening.

I'm a novice, but there is lots of good stuff on this radio - you can reduce the RF gain so's the squelch only pulls out proper signals. It also has a narrow gain filter and IF shift.

If you are just keen on listening, then I would recommend the receiver version.

Good build quality - not cheap. Nice big LCD screen, illuminated as in the pic.

BaoFeng UV-5R 136-174/400-480 MHz Dual-Band DTMF CTCSS DCS FM Ham Two Way Radio
BaoFeng UV-5R 136-174/400-480 MHz Dual-Band DTMF CTCSS DCS FM Ham Two Way Radio
Offered by TIZZY BAC

5.0 out of 5 stars My little radio.., 15 July 2014
Wonderful little radio - good sound, build - good range of frequencies. Seems to last ages on receive only - which is what it's used for - sitting ham exam in August, so just listening for now. Good intro to check out the VHF/UHF ham bands - see what's on and that. 'Havnt bought a radio for long time - back in my day you had to crank a handle to tune in the stations - pullies and string - really, none of this new fangled scanning - radios were steam powered, with proper valves.
I really wanted this radio in camouflage, but that was too expensive.

Cobra 19 DX IV EU CB Radio
Cobra 19 DX IV EU CB Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars good for listening to static., 28 Jun. 2014
I've given it five stars, as, for what it is, it is - but does anyone use CB anymore? I went to the top of the hill and picked up some very weak spurts of something - can't make it out, and that was it. Back in the 80s the CB was crammed full of muppits - now it's just static.
Sold it. Getting a ham licence.

Casio High Impact Tough Solar Chrono GW-3500BB-1ADR
Casio High Impact Tough Solar Chrono GW-3500BB-1ADR

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a kind., 24 May 2014
I'll give this a review based on a watch that works - the one that I ordered didn't work and I have sent it back - trying to get another working one from a different Amazon shop. The watch is one of a kind, with slightly pinkish red digits - sharp and clear - they can't make the digital light up in red, or the display goes blurry - that's why the digital is not illuminated, but you don't need it anyway in the dark, and the hands etc are luminous.
I have the other yellow and black model, and it is very good - I cant be bothered with watches where you keep having to fiddle with the time because they change the time 2x every year, for some obscure and archaic reason - and batteries are a nuisance as well as the watch can get dust inside when they open up the watch to change the battery - so this watch it better.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars man purse?, 19 May 2014
I thought I was buying a 'man purse' - but its just a purse, and it doesn't fit my tablet phone neither - I use it as a 'man purse' anyway, even if it is a lady's purse, and I ain't no lady.

Mens Camouflage MOSS Camo Hoodie Hooded Zip Zipper Top / Jacket - Hunting Shooting Fishing
Offered by G5 Apparel

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says ob the tin., 19 May 2014
I like my camo hoody - I can blend in perfectly when I'm doing the shopping at Lidel - excellent camouflage - I like the white lining - very ninja.

Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?
Our Occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?
by Jim Marrs

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter twaddlescrap, 18 May 2014
This is one of the worst books that I have tried to read - copied stuff from a big gaggle of alien visitors conspiracy celebrities - no scholarly input whatsoever - utter rubbish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2015 4:41 PM BST

GPO 746 Push Button Retro Telephone with Authentic Bell Ring and Wall Mount - Red
Offered by Big Box Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars 1970s r us., 4 May 2014
Functional and has a proper handle bit, not like these new fangled poxy cheap rubbish that they got now. Loud ringer. Looks nice. Best thing about it is that the handset is comfortable and the sound is clear, and you don't have to plug the phone in to the mains, and no batteries needed. One star less than 5 coz the dial has a little ridge on it and is not perfectly smooth - sorry, I think I might be a bit techno-pedantic.

Prestigio MultiPad 2 Ultra DUO 8.0 PMP7280C 3G 8GB MEDIATEK 8 GB 1024 MB Android 8 -inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, anyway., 21 April 2014
I sorted out a mobile data contract with Virgin, and the 3G thingy works very well for me, as I can get the internet without having to have broadband at home - (no it is not cheap). The video camera is good. Everything is good on it really, taint nothing bad I can say about it - except that I want a 10 inch tablet now, for more PC type of stuff.
The texting is very good. WiFi works fine at hotspots. The apps from the Google play store are very easy and no messing about like you get with the PC, trying to get applications is a nightmare on the old PC, which went up to the dump - full of bugs, as Windows PCs are prone to.
So I use this tablet as my main computer - android jelly bean is a very good operating system - you get a working word processor included, and other office type apps. The only thing I can't do on this tablet is DVDs, and they are old hat now anyway - unreliable junk really. You can use the micro USB and a dongle to move files out or into the tablet onto a flash drive, SD card, and then onto a PC if you need to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17