Profile for Mr R.C. Hawes > Reviews

Mr R.C. Hawes

Dancing On The Edge
Dancing On The Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars Good music, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dancing On The Edge (Audio CD)
The TV series was brilliant. This is a good production - there may be better versions available of many of the tracks, but this is professional and a good reminder of something I enjoyed watching.

Windolene Window Cleaner Original Cream 500 ml - Pack of 3
Windolene Window Cleaner Original Cream 500 ml - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Best window cleaner, 19 Dec. 2013
I've always thought this to be the best substance for cleaning windows but it's hard to find in shops and supermarkets. It gives the results I like and comes in a convenient pack size.

Before Endeavours Fade
Before Endeavours Fade
by Rose E. B. Coombs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant research tool and guide, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Before Endeavours Fade (Paperback)
I believe this to be one of the best guide books to WW1 cemeteries and am very pleased with the updated version. I have visited the graves of my family's WW1 dead or the memorials and found the book most useful and informative. It's one of the books I couldn't do without.

The Daily Telegraph Dictionary of Tommies' Songs and Slang 1914-18
The Daily Telegraph Dictionary of Tommies' Songs and Slang 1914-18
by John Brophy

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful background to the time, 19 Dec. 2013
Nothing much new here but a good all-round flavour of the war period. I knew the slang but it helped explain some lyrics to my wife! I was bought to supplement our study of the war and our family's deceased soldiers. It provided the lyrics to songs I heard my grandfather sing, some of which were not available in other similar publications.

Far, Far from Ypres
Far, Far from Ypres

5.0 out of 5 stars Good period piece with modern interpretations, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Far, Far from Ypres (Audio CD)
Good CD with a broad range of WW1 songs and little censoring of the language of the soldiers. Goes well with my interest in the period. .