Profile for Alex W > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Crusher Pinot Noir 2013 Clarksberg 75cl
The Crusher Pinot Noir 2013 Clarksberg 75cl

1.0 out of 5 stars I would avoid this, 12 Mar. 2017
The quality of this wine, relative to the same vintage of The Crusher tried at a wine bar recently, is poor. I am not sure if it is a reflection of how wine is stored by Amazon, but the six bottles of The Crusher 2013 that I purchased from Amazon were each disappointing.

Braun Series 9 9290cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver, Wet and Dry with Clean and Renew Charge Station, Pop Up Trimmer, Rechargeable and Cordless Razor and Travel Case - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 12 Mar. 2017
I bought this to replace a Panasonic ES-LV65, which failed me after 18 months of use. I had thought this Panasonic was the best shaver I had experienced, but I have discovered that the Braun 9290 is far superior. The Braun can achieve a flawless shave, comfortably, in noticeably less time than than the Panasonic. In addition, the Braun deals effectively with stray hairs and generally cuts closer than any electric shaver I have used (which includes a Braun Series 5 wet/dry and a top-spec Philips rotary).

At £200, the Braun 9290 is, in my eyes, good value and a shaver I would recommend without hesitation.

TomTom Touch Body Composition Fitness Tracker - Large Strap, Black
TomTom Touch Body Composition Fitness Tracker - Large Strap, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great technology let down by rubbish strap, 18 Nov. 2016
I have various activity trackers against which to compare the TomTom Touch and I purchased this new tracker specifically because of the body-composition facility. I like the compact size and the features that the TomTom offers. I think the device is simple to use and generally effective.

But I think the TomTom's strap is terrible. The two tiny retaining studs on the strap are useless at keep the strap tensioned and secure, if you actually do any kind of activity. Catch the strap against an item of clothing, a backpack strap or a belt, and the TomTom's strap releases.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2016 10:34 AM GMT

Compass Box Hedonism Blended Grain Scotch Whisky, 70 cl
Compass Box Hedonism Blended Grain Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 24 July 2016
I have had several bottles of Hedonism over the last year and really rate the consistent smoothness, relative richness and deep flavour of this whisky. I think it is excellent value and a genuinely satisfying, quaffable and interesting spirit.

ClimeMET CM2000 Professional Wireless Weather Station Includes FREE EasyWeather Computer Software.
Offered by The UK Weather Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed., 24 July 2016
I am very happy with this weather station and have come to rely on it a great deal. It seems to deliver consistently good results and the user interface is both easy to read and easy to adjust according to one's preferences. Likewise the Easy Weather software is straightforward and clear.

I have the sensor array mounted about 25 metres away from the receiver.

Speck FitFolio Tablet Case Cover with Built-In Stand and Closing Tab for iPad 2/3/4 with Retina Display - Black
Offered by S & C Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 July 2016
I have various Speck cases and bought this Speck case for an iPad 2 on the strength of this. Sadly, I am disappointed with this purchase, because the leather-effect section of the case, which was initially stiff and therefore able to support the iPad in the 20-degree 'typing' position, lost all rigidity within about a week. The leather exterior has separated from the plastic core. As such, I now have to prop up my iPad with another object in order to get it to sit at the same angle that the Speck case used to provide.

Notwithstanding this, I think this case is well designed.

King of Shaves Sensitive Shave Serum 50ml
King of Shaves Sensitive Shave Serum 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 22 May 2016
I am very pleased with this product, having relied previously on King of Shaves Mentholated Shaving Oil and Neal's Yard Shaving Oil. This new shave serum by KoS gives a much better result, in combination with my Panasonic electric shaver. I have somewhat sensitive skin and to my delight, this shave serum seems to have facilitated a shave free of shaving rash.

I recommend it 100%.

Detangling Hair Brush - Smart Salon Detangler Brush Removes Tangles And Knots. Works For Wet, Dry, Thick And Short Hair (All Types). Perfect Detangling Brush For Children Too. Pretty Pink Colour.
Offered by Smart Salon Professional

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves time and tears - really good product., 15 Nov. 2015
Purchased to ease the job of brushing by two-year-old daughter's hair. And I am very glad I bought it - this brush makes the job a painless one for brusher and brushee, and seems remarkably good value. I've just bought an additional brush.

Cabin Pressure: A-Z: The BBC Radio 4 Airline Sitcom
Cabin Pressure: A-Z: The BBC Radio 4 Airline Sitcom
by John Finnemore
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars John Finnemore is a genius., 15 Nov. 2015
My all-time favourite radio comedy. I can't say anything more than this!

Swallow This: Serving Up the Food Industry's Darkest Secrets
Swallow This: Serving Up the Food Industry's Darkest Secrets
by Joanna Blythman

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read, 15 Nov. 2015
One of the most compelling, insightful and thought-provoking books I have read in years. I bored various people senseless with anecdotes from this book, such was its effect on me and on my perception of the food I eat. It is, without reservation, worth reading and savouring.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5