Profile for DrWorm > Reviews

Soundlab Mono Crystal Earpiece
Soundlab Mono Crystal Earpiece
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge, ugly, distorted sound., 30 Jun. 2012
Can't recommend this to anyone. The earpiece is large and crude, I'm an adult male and found it too big for me. The cable is thin and causes crackles in the sound almost immediately. Even when there are no crackles even simple voice recordings sound distant and distorted. I did want to use this under my motorcycle helmet to enable me to hear sat nav instructions but it is not up to this or any job.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2013 6:09 PM BST

Maisto Triumph Daytona 675 in Gold 1:18 Scale Diecast Motorcycle
Maisto Triumph Daytona 675 in Gold 1:18 Scale Diecast Motorcycle
Offered by MC Worldwide

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking replica model., 30 Jun. 2012
Great little model that looks just like it's life size counter-part. It was purchased as a gift for a Triumph liking friend and he was very pleased to receive it and it's still on display in his room now. The painting and detail work doesn't pass the most detailed inspection but for a piece on display or for a fan of the bike it's bang on the money.

Good value, nice looking Triumph model.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Transfers at a decent pace and is reliable., 30 Jun. 2012
I've tried several of these little SD card readers and had mixed results. Some work sometimes, others only work with certain cards, some just nver worked with my PC.

I gave this little Integral a try after getting frustrated with the performance of the ones I already owned and have to say it is very decent for the money. Not the quickest by any means but I find no annoyance in that so long as the transfer is 100% reliable and corruption free. Having used it for several months now I can highly recommend it for getting files from an SD card to your laptop or PC.

Kenda PV Tube - Grey (Size 26 x 1.5/1.75/2.12 inches)
Kenda PV Tube - Grey (Size 26 x 1.5/1.75/2.12 inches)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for a basic essential, 30 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Kenda PV Tube (Sports)
Decent no frill innertube and at the price I paid there is no point being sat at the roadside trying to find a puncture. Just keep one of these in your bag/saddle pack and change it straight out for the old one. If you are that botheredm repair the old innertube when you get home.

Not the lightest innertube you can buy but good enough for most people.

Simoniz SIM01 500ml Back to Black Bumper and Trim Restorer
Simoniz SIM01 500ml Back to Black Bumper and Trim Restorer
Offered by AutoInMotion

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes everything shiny, 30 Jun. 2012
Great product for giving that final gleem back to all sorts of metal and plastics. I use this as a final polish on my moutain bike, road bike and motorcycle. It leaves a great water repellant finish. Just becareful around chains, brake blocks, brake discs etc as it's very very thin and very very slippery.

A little goes a long way and a can easily last me 6 months and I polish my bikes loads.

Clarks Elite Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pads for Avid Bb7/Juicy, Spring Inc.
Clarks Elite Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pads for Avid Bb7/Juicy, Spring Inc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than avid for a reason...., 30 Jun. 2012
3 stars for these because I have purchased 3 pairs over the space of 18 months and 2 out of 3 have fitted and worked OK. I say OK because the moulding of the metal it's a patch on the tidy looking Avid's but they are half the price and generally need some gentle rubbing with a file to remove the mould lines before they will slot into the brake faultlessly.

However the latest pair I purchased were way of shape, again a metal casting/moulding issue. I spent over an hour trying to file them into a shape my Avid's would accept but in the end I had to give up and buy some official Avid's from a local bike store.

When you get them to fit they perform admirably and have very decent stopping power - more than enough for the trails I go on.

To sum up - - - Definitely worth a try but may need a little persuasion to fit correctly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2012 1:04 PM BST

Nite Ize See'Em Mini Spokelit Spoke Lights 2 pack in Green.
Nite Ize See'Em Mini Spokelit Spoke Lights 2 pack in Green.
Offered by Tacticool

4.0 out of 5 stars Now you see me..., 30 Jun. 2012
Excellent low cost item that increases side-on visibility in darkness and low light.

I have some great front and rear lights on my bike but was always concerned on roundabouts at night as car drivers are so involved in their sat-nav, ipod, central heated, 7 airbag safety shell that they barely give a glance on roundabouts and if a 100w halogen isn't burning their retinas they just pull out. These green little fire-flies of light create a great illusion of a circle of light when travelling at any decent speed and make you much more obvious to other traffic. The green also helps because you rarely see any green lights at night and it makes car drives think a little (never a bad thing).

Battery life is OK but easy to replace and you can buy a dozen on Amazon for a couple of £s.

Duronic BL1200 - Stainless Steel Body Table Blender - 1.8L Glass Jug. Pre Programmed for: Smoothies, Ice Crusher and Auto Clean - Powerful 1200W Motor
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item, 30 Jun. 2012
Good looking brushed aluminuim blender with a sturdy heavy-weight glass jug.

The way the jug mates to the base unit is secure and should limit the slip when the motor is started - it's this initial slip of the cogs which burnt out my previous Kenwood blender.

I've had the blender a couple of weeks now and use it most days for after-workout smoothies or protein shakes and the built in ice-crush and smoothie programs are all I'll ever need. The ice-crush produces a lovely ice slush on which to start a smoothie or shake and the smoothie program goes on to produce a smooth and frothy result - easily on a par with expensive smoothie stores in city centres. The only things it hasn't liked so far is the hard hulls of strawberries (just dont be lazy and hull them first).

All in all I'm very pleased with the item & it's price and hope it serves me well for a long time to come.

Pretec Usb2.0 I-Disk Wave Tiny (Black) 512Mb
Pretec Usb2.0 I-Disk Wave Tiny (Black) 512Mb

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and stylish usb stick, 2 July 2010
Ive had this usb drive since 2006 and it's till going strong.

It's the best usb stick I've ever owned.

Pros:

Tiny
Great matt black finish
Decent data speeds

Cons

Only 512 mb
Basic

Casio G-Shock - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - G-7710-1ER
Casio G-Shock - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - G-7710-1ER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking and functional G Shock, 2 July 2010
I've had this watch 6 weeks now. I hadn't worn a digital wristwatch since I was about 9 yrs old but I got fed up of ruining analogue watches while cycling or hiking. The shock from off roading especially, as this has shaken hands off and I've even had the glass pop out of brand name watches. This is clearly because they are not built for any type of abuse.

That's why I decided to buy a G-Shock. I was initially worried about it being & looking too big on my wrist as I only have a 7" wrist diameter which is why I went for this over one of the bigger G-Shocks like the G-7900 or the massive GA-100. I also considered the 5600 as this is a smaller build but decided that the features on the G-7710 combined with its better looks and that attention grabbing negative lcd display and the cheaper price made me decide upon the G-7710-1ER. I'm happy with my decision.

The strap is comfortable, the watch is light and fits snugly without irritating, it shrugs off water and dirt, you can forget you're wearing it without fear of damaging it.

Some people told me the negative displays were a pain to see properly but I find the gold numbers on black very easy to see in all but the lowest light conditions and after all it does have a decent glowing backlight which can be set to auto so it lights up when you tilt your wrist.

I won't go over all its features, it has way too many and a ridiculously accurate 1/1000th stopwatch but one of the more unique ones is the ability to have the hourly signal set for only part of the day/week. Mine only beeps on the hour between 9am and 11pm on weekends.

Very cool, accurate (mine gains 1-2 seconds a week) and tough watch ... 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2