Profile for Craig G. Williams > Reviews

Content by Craig G. Williams

Craig G. Williams (READING UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, 12 Aug. 2012
I brought this album in france just after release while driving through and I was immediately in ore of the opening tracks instant Coldplay classics!

This album sums up everything great about Coldplay and is what turned them into a global name! The quality of the songs is great. I Love:

In My Place
Politik
God Put A Smile On Your Face
Clocks
The Scientist
Amsterdam
A Rush Of Blood To The Head (Track)

Those would be my favourite stand out track but not every track is as amazing as those hence only 4 stars not 5.

Buy It

Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Coldplay What Has Happend?, 12 Aug. 2012
Coldplay's first two albums Parachutes and A.R.O.B.T.T.H were great albums lots of good songs this is when Coldplay were brilliant. What has happend to them with Viva La Vida I mean common I seriuosly think they hav e lost it when it comes to creativity on earlier albums.

Viva La Vida I just don't get it as a song if somebody could please explain what it's about then I am all ears lol.

Violet Hill makes me laugh with it's pretentious lyrics "White Snow" lol.

The only decent song is Cemetaries of London oh and why oh why to Coldplay like these silly intrusamental tracks inbetween songs I seriously reckon there losing creative talent in a big way or they just feel it's an easy way to make album up without trying.

Seriously DON'T BUY this!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2012 12:19 PM BST

Sunny Side Up
Sunny Side Up
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Follow Up To The Debut!, 12 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sunny Side Up (Audio CD)
Honestly this guy just gets better and better I brought this album as soon as it was out! as I already knew it would be awesome and yes I was not let down.

My favourite tracks are Candy and a Pencil Of Lead.

Trust me buy this there is no filler whatsoever on here and he just keeps getting better and better!

Buy It Today!

25: The Very Best of a-ha
25: The Very Best of a-ha

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre At Best I'm Afraid, 12 Aug. 2012
Ok so A-ha okay they did a bond song The Living Daylights ok great song but Take on me is the only other song that stands out for me on here I really don't see what all the hype is over them plus Morgan Harckett is not that great of a singer okay he can sing in English away from his native Norwegian but his vocals are okay not superb.

In all a gopod mix of songs but some tracks are really weak thats why it only gets 3 stars from me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2013 4:16 PM BST

These Streets
These Streets

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yes He Can Do It! Great Album!, 12 Aug. 2012
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
To me this is what good music is all about! Great songs from start to finish there is not one skippable track on this album. My favourite song has to be My Last Request! oh and New Shoes! But seriously if you like good music then buy this album you will not be disappointed!!

Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Coldplay You Have LOst Your Way Big Time!, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Mylo Xyloto (Audio CD)
I'm sorry I am a Coldplay fan but I am sorry to say this band have severley lost there way since X&Y I loved every album up until Viva La Vida came out. I'm afraid Coldplay do not show much progression here in terms of sound and music and lyrically. They have also lost there way in a very big way!. The only songs that are okay are Paradise and Charlie Brown even these are very below par compared to Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head and X&Y's offerings.

It amazes me people still regard Mylo Xyloto as the best album released in 2011 lol just like Adele this album is another example of commericial must buy attitudes. That song Princess Of China is awful I am amazed it has stayed in the singles chart that long!

I am afraid Coldplay need to re evaluate themselves because on this current form I won't be buying any future album's of there's till I see or Hear a big improvement!

It is a shame because I Believe they are a very talented band as there earlier work shows but they seriously need to get back on track and start using there talent aklot better!

Language
Language

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut Album From Great Live Band!, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Language (Audio CD)
Oh yes I saw Zulu Winter supporting Keane and yes they are a brilliant live band as most of there songs come accross very clear another band who sound better live than on CD which is rare these days!

The Single "We Should Be Swimming" is a great song and a top summwer chune! Was the first I heard and I loved so much that I just had to get the album and I was not dissapointed no filler at all just great sounding music and well written lyrics!

Well done Zulu Winter top Debut album!

Edit:

This band aren't that great Live! Middle of the road really.

Life In A Beautiful Light
Life In A Beautiful Light

5.0 out of 5 stars She Has Done It Again!, 31 July 2012
Just like her first two albums this one is no exception she is so talented and her voice keeps getting better and better.

There is no filler on this album at all and every song is beautifully crafted.

Well done I knew this album would not dissapoint. Just a shame real talent like this gets ignored as people rave about the Auto Tuned Commerical rubbish around these days.

This really is superb My favourite tracks are Accross THe Nile this is just awesome! This girl has never done a bad song accross all 3 albums!

Strangeland
Strangeland
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars What An Album Beyond Brilliant From Start To Finish, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Strangeland (Audio CD)
I have been a massive Keane fan since they started back in 2004 after I saw them support Travis on a UK tour. Words cannot describe how beyond brilliant this album is all of 16 songs which is just over an hour long and I write this as I am listening in full all the way through again! There is not a single song to skip through at all!

It's great how discovering musical gems like this make life so much more worth living and much much sweeter!

There are not many bands albums I have where I don't have to skip through thankfully every Keane album I have loved every single track on every album and no need to skip any songs at all. Brilliantly crafted songs with maturely written great lyrics Tim Rice-Oxley is without doubt one of the best songwriters of our generation. Tom's voice is a brilliant as ever as is Richard Hughes Drumming and new member Jesse Quinn's bass.

I have to say that Sovereign Light Cafe must be one of the best songs they have ever written and this is my stand out track it's just a perfect song in every way. This is not to say the rest of the album is not Brilliant either

This is the bands very best since Hopes and Fears and yes it is. But I loved Hopes and Fears, Under The Iron Sea, Perfect Symmetry & Night Train all the same in there own individual ways. For me it shows that Keane are not afraid to try new directions and keep evolving there sound which is great there are too many bands these days who just shovel out the same style album after album.

I hope this album gets to number one and it deserves to stay there for a long time I just wish the music snobs would give Keane a chance as this album is far better than loads of the rubbish around at the moment. This album is also superbly better than Coldplay's recent offering and yes I am a Coldplay fan also.

Please I urge you ignore any unpositive reviews about this album go out and buy it this is easily the best album this year by a country mile! Buy it it is a must have for anyone who loves great music from the heart.

EDIT:

This Album just gets more and more brilliant the more I listen! It hasn't left my car CD player or off repeat on my walkman since release. I can garantee there won't be a better more brilliant album released this year. This is definately my album of the year without question!!

Tom Chaplin's voice is simply mesmarising I challenge anyone to find a better singer in a band because I can garantee there is no one who comes close.

Keane should be the band opening the Olympic Games in August! The Starting Line would make a great Olympic anthem!

EDIT 31.07.2012:

I would like to add that far too many people just slag Keane off inculding most music Critics because the see them as posh and there for uncool regardless of there music talent.

Keane are what good music is all about!

EDIT: 31.08.12

Music Critics who? none of you have a clue!

Seriously this album just gets better and better with each listen I am listening at least 5 times in full everyday!

Can't wait to see this genuinely talented band at The O2 arena in November definately the best live band I have seen! and yes I have seen alot of bands!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2013 2:08 AM BST

A Curious Thing
A Curious Thing
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars She Just Gets Better and Better!!, 23 April 2012
This review is from: A Curious Thing (Audio CD)
Now I loved "This Is The Life" was a great debut album but with this one she gets better and seems to go up to another level!

Again this is a great album from start to finish not a single bad song on the album!

Plus there is a great cover of a classic song which is one of the best covers I have heard of this song!!

Buy It! Another great album from a great singer!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6