Profile for Gruffalo's Mum > Reviews

Content by Gruffalo's Mum

Gruffalo's Mum "davb" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Bridge To Terabithia
Bridge To Terabithia
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, but not for children, 3 April 2016
Great film, but not for children. Watched this with our primary-aged children (oldest is 7) thinking it would be Narnia-esque. The acting is excellent but the subject matter is really not suitable for young children. The shock towards the end is really very upsetting and I think this film is more suited to those aged over 12. Our younger child didn't really get it and I think the 7 year-old was OK mainly because the issues were beyond the scope of his comprehension. He says he enjoyed it, but there are some quite powerful and difficult themes in this film.

Star Wars Absolutely Everything You Need To Know
Star Wars Absolutely Everything You Need To Know
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars My seven year-old Star Wars fan devoured it. "Mummy ..., 24 Mar. 2016
My seven year-old Star Wars fan devoured it. "Mummy, I'm lending you this because you need to improve your Star Wars facts". :-)

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table,stories from Camelot (Junior Classics)
by Benedict Flynn
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great audiobook. My son (7) was entranced in the ..., 24 Mar. 2016
I admit it: I bought this for my grandmother to give to my son as a gift because *I* really, really wanted to hear Sean Bean reading the tales of King Arthur. It's a great audiobook. My son (7) was entranced in the car. Actually, my husband and I were too. The 4 year-old got a bit bored after a while - it's probably a bit advanced for her, but I'm sure she'll grow into it!

Mountain Warehouse Penguin Junior Wellies White 10 Child UK
Mountain Warehouse Penguin Junior Wellies White 10 Child UK

4.0 out of 5 stars The penguins like getting muddy so they particularly enjoy a walk in ..., 24 Mar. 2016
My daughter loves these wellies. The penguins like getting muddy so they particularly enjoy a walk in the woods and they have to go through every puddle they see...

Houdini Power Wrist Hand Warmer Gaiters blue Beyond Blue Size:L
Houdini Power Wrist Hand Warmer Gaiters blue Beyond Blue Size:L

5.0 out of 5 stars Got these for my husband who suffers with poor circulation. They are really good and I quite ..., 24 Mar. 2016
Got these for my husband who suffers with poor circulation. They are really good and I quite fancy some for myself now! He says they keep his hands warm in the in-between weather and he has worn them under gloves when it has been particularly cold. There's none of that faffing around with gloves on and off to help children do their buttons up or whatever when at the park, either.

Decopatch Extra Small Mache Elephant with Low Trunk AP128O, Brown
Decopatch Extra Small Mache Elephant with Low Trunk AP128O, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids had a great time decorating an elephant each, 24 Mar. 2016
My kids had a great time decorating an elephant each. I've now bought them each the initial letter of their name so that they can have another craft activity to use up more of the paper I bought. I think that this could be a good activity for a child's party, too.

PattyBoutik Women's Mesh V Neck Empire Line Blouse (Dark Purple 12)
PattyBoutik Women's Mesh V Neck Empire Line Blouse (Dark Purple 12)
Offered by PattyBoutikUK

4.0 out of 5 stars I was still unsure about what size would actually be best for me, 24 Mar. 2016
I really dithered about which size to order because I read some reviews that said this brand came up small and others that said it came up big. If it helps anyone, I am 5'9" and weigh just under 10 stone with a 36" chest. I find that it is increasingly difficult to know what size I am on the highstreet as I'm sure that shops are producing bigger clothes and labelling them as smaller sizes! In Next I used to take a 10, but increasingly find that I can sometimes wear an 8. In Oasis I would wear a size s but sometimes even that looks a bit baggy, while I can't get into an xs. And sometimes I need a bigger size! Anyway, for that reason, although I read the chest measurements for Pattyboutik, I was still unsure about what size would actually be best for me. In the end I followed the chest measurements and opted for a medium. The top arrived this morning and fits really well. I don't consider myself to be particularly tall ('tall' clothes are often too long on me, 'regular' can be too short - gah!) but I do find that lots of tops / t-shirts aren't really long enough on me. This one is a great length. It definitely covers the top of my jeans and the sleeves come all the way down to my wrists as well. Obviously it's too soon for me to comment on washing and durability, but I do think the fit is great and I will probably be ordering more clothes from this brand when I can justify it to myself ;-)

16 X Thank you cards four assorted designs - Ideal for birthday or any occasion (CAKE DESIGN)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 April 2015
Good value for money. I only got 12 in my pack, though.

Terror on the Amazon - The Quest for El Dorado (DK Readers Level 3)
Terror on the Amazon - The Quest for El Dorado (DK Readers Level 3)
by DK DK

5.0 out of 5 stars The DK Readers are great. We have been watching 'The Mysterious Cities of ..., 2 April 2015
The DK Readers are great. We have been watching 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' and my 6 year-old loved this book as he could read it himself and told him more about the background to the conquistadors.

Stargazer UV Neon Hair Gel, Blue
Stargazer UV Neon Hair Gel, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars It was like paint and took quite a while to dry, 2 April 2015
Bought for 'crazy hair day' for comic Relief at my son's school. It was like paint and took quite a while to dry. I would probably opt for a spray another time as I really felt this was a it gloopy and was afraid my son would turn blue if it rained on him!

Page: 1 | 2