Profile for THAMESDITTON46 > Reviews

Content by THAMESDITTON46

THAMESDITTON46

Rabbit - Shaped 3D Buildable Novelty Rubber / Eraser (one supplied)
Rabbit - Shaped 3D Buildable Novelty Rubber / Eraser (one supplied)
Offered by gifts4kidz

2.0 out of 5 stars What I actually received was a poor imitation of the item shown in the advert, 25 Feb. 2016
What I actually received was a poor imitation of the item shown in the advert. The eyes looked like they had been jabbed on with a biro that had run out of ink. What I assume is supposed to be the tail on the back looks more like the poor bunny has suffered a prolapsed rectum and when they describe is as 'buildable' what they mean is the overalls come off in two halves. For the cost is wasn't worth sending back, but don't waste your money.

Advanced Wrist Support Brace by Calibre Support, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. RSI Support Offering Instant relief for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis and Wrist Pain - Adjustable Fit With Removable Splint
Offered by Calibre Products Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A great support if you get the right size!, 25 Feb. 2016
I paid for this item and have used it for two weeks having fractured the pisiform bone in my wrist so hopefully can provide a useful review.

I actually ended up buying two as the first one was too small, but I had worn it overnight so couldn't send it back. So, with this is mind make sure you select the correct size!! I thought I had medium sized hand for a man but I think the medium sizing is more based on female hands. I found this out the hard way. Being a bit naive I thought it should be very tight but woke up the next day with a hand that had swollen to comedy proportions. Too be fair, this was my fault as they do include a size chart in one of the photos which I had not noticed so check this. The most important measurement to get right is for the strap that connects around your hand as there is not as much margin for adjustment compared to the wrist straps. Better too big than too small, but I think someone with particularly large hands might find it too tight.

The Calibre QT Wrist Support is well constructed with sturdy velcro straps that remain in place around your wrist. This benefit should be born in mind if your free hand isn't particularly strong as it may be a disadvantage when trying to remove it if you are on your own. The strap that fits between the thumb and forefinger is narrower and can require regular readjusting - especially after the support has been washed as the soft velcro part becomes a bit more wooly. In fact, after a couple of washes I had to shave the wooly part as it was becoming too bobbly for the velcro to grip. I also found that this strap soon began to fray along the edge.

For anyone reasonably active the support will probably require regular washing based on my experience as it and your wrist can become unpleasantly smelly - not unlike ski gloves after a few days use! As it it is all made from nylon and neoprene it does have the advantage of drying quickly so you can leave it on a radiator before bed and it will be ready wear again in the morning.

The support contains a long shaped metal splint that runs along the wrist which can be removed for washing. For the first week I hand washed it, which is a problem in itself if you have a poorly wrist. With this delicate approach the branding still began to peel and there was a degree of fraying on the straps and bobbling on the soft part of the velcro. The next washing option I tried is to knead with your feet while you stand in the shower which worked quite well but by the end of the second week it really needed a thorough wash and went through the washing machine with no problems at all so probably could have done this from the start. Overall I was very happy with product at the "sale" price I paid (around £7) with free Prime delivery. Paying more than a tenner I might have be a bit disappointed.

One way the product could be improved would be to add a retaining strap to stop the mental splint edging out. It would also benefit from the velcro part of the thumb strap being made either wider or longer to improve adhesion.

The support still allows you to freely use your fingers so computer work and normal every day tasks are no problem at all. However, it can also become uncomfortable around the bottom joint of your little finger where the edge rubs.

Hope this helps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2016 2:37 PM GMT

The Following: The Complete First Season
The Following: The Complete First Season
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the squeamish, 25 Feb. 2016
The series begins with James Purefoy doing an excellent job of portraying a cool, calm seductive psychopathic serial killer. However, as he and the plot start to unravel he increasingly sounds like weird neighbour in Friday Night Dinner which may be distracting for British viewers. That said, the story remains compelling with plenty of jump scares and a body count to rival the Walking Dead. Indeed, as a result of the plot device that almost anyone might be one of the killer's blood thirsty followers you never know who can be trusted or who will even make it to the end of an episode. Kevin Bacon is very good at getting beyond his hackneyed role of the no nonsense, semi-alcoholic cop brought out of retirement to hunt down Purefoy. His unflinching response to some very tough situations seems entirely believable. There are good strong female characters on both side of the coin, notably played by Natalie Zea, Jessica Stroup and Valerie Curry. It's best to focus on the main characters and just go along with the story especially towards the finale to avoid asking yourself questions like, 'don't the CIA have helicopters or drones?' The conclusion is satisfying enough for this to be a one-off series, yet leaves enough questions to make the prospect of following another season exciting.

Komputerbay 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 PC3-10600 10666 1333MHz SODIMM 204-Pin Laptop Memory 9-9-9-24

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and now my early 2011 MacBook Pro ..., 5 Jan. 2016
Easy to install and now my early 2011 MacBook Pro runs like a dream. Seemed to be the best price and quickest delivery I could find online.

Due to a (now officially recognised) issue that affects MacBooks from 2011 my laptop had to go in to an Apple authorised service provider under the MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues to be repaired, but no questions were raised by the technicians or issues found as a result of installing this new RAM.

Fun Snaps - 10 packs supplied
Fun Snaps - 10 packs supplied
Offered by GiftLocalUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap them up!, 28 Nov. 2011
I remembered these from my childhood so bought some for my seven year old son. He and his friends love them and at this price for so many it is fantastic value even though there are normally a few duds in the box.

They suddenly seem to be the "in thing" this winter as I think they are selling them in Hawkins Bazaar for twice the price (still only 50p per box).

They are harmless, but I would not allow them to be thrown indoors as they leave a small deposit of grit and a scrap of paper when they explode - and sometimes make a small soot mark.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

1.0 out of 5 stars NO SURPRISES HERE!, 21 Nov. 2011
This is not a review of the Kindle itself, which I have bought for my wife's Christmas present.

It is a WARNING to others that it is arrives in the post in a very distinctive box with "kindle" written on the outside.

So, my wife now knows what she is getting for Christmas due to the thoughtlessness of Amazon (I did tick the box that it was going to be gift when I ordered).

If you are buying one for somebody who lives in your house make sure you get to the post first!!

Not a happy customer hence the star rating.
Comment Comments (30) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 9:00 PM GMT