Profile for julie fox > Reviews

Kuuk Salad Spinner - Dry Salad, Vegetables, Pasta
Kuuk Salad Spinner - Dry Salad, Vegetables, Pasta
Offered by iHeadphones ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Mar. 2016
Certainly recommend it...dry crisp salad that keeps much longer

Pretty Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 3)
Pretty Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised to find myself warming to the characters immediately it was a well paced read that kept me gripped right till the end., 21 Aug. 2015
Not having read any of Anne Frasiers books I was unsure of what to expect. Being more used to detectives like Thorne Rebus and Bosch I enjoyed the close relationship the two lead detectives had giving it a,lighter feel yet the storyline was involved and well thought out.
A most enjoyable read and an author I will add to my must have list

The Coming of Night
The Coming of Night

4.0 out of 5 stars A bold comparison "like the novels of Gemmell and Brett", 1 Aug. 2014
Had high expectations from the authors bold claims and wasn't disappointed!
The characters although not as multi layered as Gemmells were well rounded and likeable.
The action was fast paced and the story had me gripped from beginning to end in fact it only took me two days to read!
The only disappointment came at the end when I realised I have to wait til the spring of next year to find out what happens next..a long and frustrating wait!

PRIMAL Unleashed (The PRIMAL Series Book 2)
PRIMAL Unleashed (The PRIMAL Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Try something different, 13 July 2014
This was my first foray into military thrillers and I was very surprised that I enjoyed it!
It was fast enough to maintain my interest but not so fast that I couldn't connect with the characters.
I am looking forward to seeing how Jack Silkstone developes characters especially Vance and Bishop as I'd like to see more of their inner vulnerable selves

Cockroaches: An early Harry Hole case
Cockroaches: An early Harry Hole case

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to see Harry at an earlier stage in his life, 4 Dec. 2013
Really enjoyed this one..it was well worth the wait!
Harry battling his personal demons, the drink and his early losses, knowing he will find solace in later years but still able to enjoy his dark nature.