Profile for AngelRays > Reviews

United [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent - 5 stars, 29 July 2011
This review is from: United [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I must admit, I didn't think I would be taken with a football drama, considering I don't follow the sport and couldn't be less interested in it. However, after seeing the star-studded cast as well as some new up-and-commers who seemed promising, I decided to try it.

All I can say is that I am very glad I did! Sam Claflin and Jack O' Connell shine as the star football players - Duncan Edwards and Bobby Charlton. David Tennant is, yet again, outstanding as Jimmy Murphy and Dougray Scott truly becomes the character Matt Busby.

The story had me laughing one minute and sobbing the next - Jack O' Connell especially as he dealt with the aftermath of the tragedy. Truly a harrowing tale which saw such promising talent destroyed so tragically.

A must see for anyone who enjoys a good Sunday drama.

The House at Riverton
The House at Riverton
by Kate Morton

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, 21 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The House at Riverton (Paperback)
Though I have read less enthusiastic reviews on 'The House at Riverton', I found it both compelling and intuitive. Kate Morton has a brilliant writing style, with a patient eye for detail and never giving too much away in the first paragraph like so many other authors.

The characters were brilliant, the emotions tender yet raw, and the plot explosive at the end. I love murder/mystery type books and I couldn't guess what was to come at the end! I can understand why some feel she over-stretched herself by using first person and then adding in scenes which the main character could never have heard being said, but somehow that didn't matter as I was completely blown away by the dynamics of the book.

If you love mystery, or a good romance, or it's a rainy day and you just want to relax, then sit down and read this book - I promise you will not be disappointed.

Single Father [DVD]
Single Father [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant....What more can I say?, 14 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Single Father [DVD] (DVD)
When i first watched Single Father (the first episode) i was astounded at the intricacy between the family members, and the lull into the Tyler's family life. The bustle and noise of the children, the relationship between Rita and Dave, and the friendship between Rita and Sarah. Everything is so easy to relate to, and the shock of Rita's death can't help but overwhelm you.

This is the most beautiful, heart-wrenching programme i have ever seen, the actors are superb and i was surprised at how wonderful the kids were as well. AS far as the plot, the script is a masterpiece and the emotions are tense to say the least!

As soon as it comes out, I will certainly be buying it, and i would recommend it to anyone.