Profile for NewKaKaYork > Reviews

Content by NewKaKaYork

NewKaKaYork

Grand Theft Auto III (PC)
Grand Theft Auto III (PC)
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Where it all started for me., 16 April 2012
This is where it all started for me, ten years ago !

I know it's not the first game in the series but this is the first game that truly blew me away. This opened up a whole new world of gaming to me, I was stuck in a football and racing game rut before this gem came along. Back then it was Playstation 2 all the way for me, oh how time's have changed.

I bought GTA III and Vice City for the PC as I would like something to play on my laptop when I am away from home. I was a little unsure at first because I don't have a particularly powerful laptop. There was never any question of the quality of this game, just the power under my fingertips. Since receiving the game, it installed in minutes and runs very nicely. I do have to run the draw distance a little low but that doesn't take anything away from the gameplay.

Let me just give you the spec that I am running so that you can make an informed decision if you're unsure about buying. I've got an Athlon II Dual Core 2.1GB processor, 4GB Ram(Memory), 64-Bit Operating System, ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 graphics chip and I'm running Windows 7. If you have anything near this spec or better then you'll be sitting pretty.

I was expecting the game to look very dated by now, it's been many years since I've been to these parts. I'm happy to say that the game has held up very well indeed. Yes the graphics are a little dated but the gameplay remains intact and the experience is still thrilling as you go about your seedy business ! If you're a fan of the series or you've just not played this title, you need to give it a spin.

Just as an F.Y.I, GTA: Vice City also runs very nicely. Same rule as before, just turn the draw distance down and you're set.

I hope this review is helpful to anyone who's a little unsure of their PC's performance, if you have any questions please leave a comment.

Go on, buy it, you know you want to !!!

Martin

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still plays very well on my average laptop !, 16 April 2012
This game really takes me back a few years ! I have lots of fond memories of playing this on the old machine that was the Playstation 2.

I wanted to pick this title up on PC for something to play on my laptop when I am away from home (can't take my Xbox 360 everywhere!). I'm running a very average spec laptop on Windows 7, it's not a gaming laptop by any stretch of the imagination. I'm running an Athlon II Dual Core 2.1GB processor, 4GB ram (memory), 64-bit operating system and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 graphics chip.

There was no question of buying the game, only how it would run on my laptop. Got the game, installed in minutes and runs very nicely indeed ! I have to run the draw distance quite low and I haven't had any hectic moments in the game yet but it's all running smoothly. I have a feeling that it may slow down on the bigger fights but that's a small price to pay for playing this amazing game.

I was prepared for the game to look very dated but I am very surprised to see that it still looks pretty fresh. I'm sure that I have hours of fun ahead of me. If you have enjoyed any of the other titles in the GTA series, you need to play this game. If you're an old fan and are making a return to the game, enjoy and dive straight in !!

I hope this review helps a few people who are worried about the performance of their PC's or laptop's, if it's any higher spec than mine then you're golden.

Please leave a comment if you have any questions.

Martin