Profile for Bob Lee > Reviews

Content by Bob Lee

Bob Lee "Bob" (England)

Chalet Boy - The Diary of my First Ski Season (Aged 31)
Chalet Boy - The Diary of my First Ski Season (Aged 31)

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Page Turner, 30 Dec. 2012
I decided to give this book a go but I did think how interesting can the life of a chalet boy be? I was pleasantly surprised! The book is basically a comedy diary of the author's four months in a chalet with occasional flashbacks to his previous life. As well as being hugely funny it's also quite profound in places and has a lot to say about life and modern society. It will make you think, as well as laugh out loud.

Into The Trees
Into The Trees

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 13 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Into The Trees (Kindle Edition)
The detailed descriptions in this book will take you into the imaginary world created so vividly by the author. By the time you finish you will feel like you have known the main characters for years as you accompany them on their remarkable journey. It's an epic on the scale of the Lord of the rings but at a very reasonable price.

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classic, 13 Oct. 2012
These books are the ones that started it all and I wish I could read them all again for the first time. They truly set the mark for so many fantasy ideas that now seem almost second nature; pulling together Elves, Dwarfs, Wizards and Dragons and such for the first time. They're great stand-alone literature too. I have looked for more fantasy books that I will enjoy just as much, but beware of the pretenders. There are so many that are similar in concept, but simply can't touch the quality. When attempting to read some I've felt like I'm experiencing a tacky episode of some low rent Scifi Channel dross akin to Xena the Warrior Princess or the like. Anyway, if you're a lover of these books (which you will be!), and want something afterwards, you should look to Perdido Street Station by China Mieville or the little known, [ASIN:B009KVBC20 Into The Trees]]by J. Alastair Nash