Profile for Debz > Reviews

The Dice Man
The Dice Man
by Luke Rhinehart

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book!, 26 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Dice Man (Paperback)
A very interesting story - a thrill to read! I'm on the 2nd book now and can't get enough of it! An excellent book!

Great Western Valkyrie
Great Western Valkyrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Great Western Valkyrie (Audio CD)
Brilliant! Love them, every album rocks!

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack (Sleeping Mask)
Laneige Water Sleeping Pack (Sleeping Mask)
Offered by SILVER TAB

4.0 out of 5 stars A great mask for over night, 17 July 2014
A great mask for over night. I still feel I get more out of using a really good moisturiser, but it's great for giving my skin a moisture surge.

Pair of round BRA CLIPs to hold bra straps in racer style. One each: black, clear
Offered by Anything 4 Home

3.0 out of 5 stars The product description said there would be 2 free clips ..., 17 July 2014
The product description said there would be 2 free clips, there was only one. The clips are fairly simple to use.

The Good Boob Bible: Your Complete Guide to Breast Augmentation Surgery
The Good Boob Bible: Your Complete Guide to Breast Augmentation Surgery
by M. G. Berry

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, 7 Nov. 2013
I'd recommend this book to anyone considering breast surgery. It gives a good starting point for information, as well as websites and books to look at in addition to reading this. It goes into a good amount of detail without overwhelming the reader, has a chapter for your partner and/or family to read which is very helpful.

I did wish it had more information about implants and CCs. And some example questions for the surgeon would have been helpful considering that nobody offers you these details unless you ask. That said, I did feel like it gave me a few pointers for when I meet my surgeon, so I've added more to my question list (I think it's good to write down all questions you have about surgery and costs)

The book gave good information about incisions, placements of implants, procedure benefits as well as the risks of surgery. Telling the reader that surgery won't get you perfection - which can never be emphasised enough.

The book does mention that you should take a button up top and some pull on bottoms for after surgery, as well as a few other things, but I'd have liked a 'check list' to make it more obvious.

There is also a section on mastopexy (breast lift) which is brief, but gives enough information on that.

Throughout the book there are little bits of historical information about breasts and bras - which is quite interesting to read!

If, like me you want more detailed information about the medical side of the operation, the websites and papers listed in hte back of the book are a good place to look.

I'd recommend reading it and making your own lists so you feel a little more organised.

It's a very good book, and I'd say for anyone looking at this type of surgery, the best thing to do is research as much as you can, because although it's a common procedure you'll feel better knowing more about it.

LUPO Water and Shock Resistant Universal Compact Digital Camera Bag Case - BLACK (Internal Size: 95 x 65 x 20mm)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 3 Sept. 2013
I wanted an affordable case for my smaller digital camera, and this was quite affordable. It's a little small for my camera, I find I have to force the zip a little, but I like that you can attach it to both your belt or your wrist, and it's a bonus that it's water resistant. A pretty good product for the price. :)

Nikon COOLPIX L25 Compact Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Sept. 2013
I like this camera, it's a bit annoying though because the focus isn't brilliant - faces go blurry even with the smart portrait option. And the shutter is a little delayed meaning taking photographs of my kids is difficult, you get them perfectly still then click the button and about 3 seconds later you've captured an image of one of them pointing in the other direction and one making a silly face!

It'd be good for nights out, or holidays, but for family photos I'd rather have my SLR.

Toni & Guy TGIR1920UK Reverse Conical Wand Curling Tong
Toni & Guy TGIR1920UK Reverse Conical Wand Curling Tong

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but fiddly, 3 Sept. 2013
First of all, the wand is great quality, you get good curls with it and the shape allows different sized curls, and tight or loose curls to be achieved. However - it does not come with a heat protection mat, which would be useful because it gets really hot. The gloves that are supplied with it are pointless, you'd be just as well wrapping your hands with cling film... They are made of poly fabric, which melts on contact with the tool - you are not meant to touch the wand at all, but they're to protect your hands whilst using it, and personally I think they're pointless, with something this hot you should get heat proof gloves. It's fiddly to use as well, the first time I used it I badly burnt my neck. I wouldn't suggest buying this for a teenager, just in case of accidents - you'd feel really bad if they got hurt. And I find it's best to have a girlfriend help you out because it is lethal. Keep pets and children out when you use it. I swear, it's a hazard. And I use dangerous tools for work that require heat, so I consider myself competent enough to use a hair curler!

Complete Edgar Allan Poe (Wordsworth Library Collection)
Complete Edgar Allan Poe (Wordsworth Library Collection)
by Edgar Allan Poe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 Oct. 2012
I love Edgar Allan Poe. I actually owned this long ago and it got lost in a move, but this version is much nicer!

The book is simply full of stories and poems by EAP. The quality of the book is fantastic and I feel the price was absolutely lower than could be charged for it. It's fantastic. It would be nice to have a little Biography or something, maybe an introduction. But who needs it with such wonderful writing?

A brilliant book, and a complete bargain!

The Buddha in the Attic
The Buddha in the Attic
by Julie Otsuka

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure at all, 9 Feb. 2012
I got this book thinking it'd be great, I love stories with Japanese and Chinese backgrounds involved.

This book was weird. It was just full of sentences saying "We did this. We did that." We this and we the next thing. There was little story line, no character interest, no depth, nothing.

It was pretty much vague. It was like saying that every woman has a pair of jeans, or lives with her husband, or her boyfriend, some have kids, some don't. I didn't get it at all.

The most pointless book I've ever read. I honestly didn't enjoy or connect with it. It was not a book I could get lost in. I like a book with depth. This had none. I have no idea why it was written. Disappointing at best.

I am an avid reader, I read many different types of books, but seriously, this I detested!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4