Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for LeglessLegoLegolas > Reviews

Content by LeglessLegoLegolas

LeglessLegoLegolas "chocolateyclaire" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
While You Were Sleeping: A gripping psychological thriller you just can't put down
by Kathryn Croft

2.0 out of 5 stars It's the very worst of "morning after"s, 16 Jan. 2017
It's the very worst of "morning after"s. Tara wakes up next to her neighbour with no recollection of the night before. To make matter's worse he's dead, and worse still he's brutally murdered. Tara returns home and attempts to cover up whatever it was that did happen. Tara has to protect herself, her family, and on top of it all cope with a stalker.

The characters had few redeeming features, which seems to be common with the "psychological thriller" of today. The narrative is full of twists and redirections, to the point where no matter what is happening the reader ends up questioning EVERYTHING, yet nothing is particularly surprising. Disbelief definitely has to be left on the first page, as there is little that feels 'real', particularly the relationship which springs up mid-way through,

I had a lot of hopes for this being a 4/5 star novel - the synopsis sounded brilliant. But the storyline is just taken too far, turning it into waffle rather than entertainment, and I had to force myself to finish the story. A complex story requires a thorough, critical editor - which is what this perhaps sadly lacked.

Clinique Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm 1.2g Voluptuous Violet-unboxed
Clinique Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Colour Balm 1.2g Voluptuous Violet-unboxed
Offered by You Absolute Beauty

3.0 out of 5 stars and the colour is not as good as before either, 8 Jan. 2017
Smaller than they were when originally released, and the colour is not as good as before either.

Still a nice gloss which can be built up and helps to hydrate the lips, but a shame they've changed the size and the intensity of the colour.

Zylkene 450mg 20 Capsules
Zylkene 450mg 20 Capsules
Offered by Animed Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Initially purchased for an elderly dog with separation anxiety, ..., 8 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Zylkene 450mg 20 Capsules (Misc.)
Initially purchased for an elderly dog with separation anxiety, I also gave these to my younger dog over New Year to help with her terror of fireworks.

The younger dog had a slight effect - whilst she was still shaky and hiding, there was less uncontrolled panic and she eventually settled even though bangs continued. They're not sedating in any way.

Worth a try for the price for a nervous dog, but for full blown issues you may need something stronger.

Garnier Skin Active Face Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask
Garnier Skin Active Face Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask
Offered by KrystalDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Which had to be a good thing. The instructions weren't great, 8 Jan. 2017
I suffer from very, very dry skin in winter, so picked one of these up to try.

My first impression was how wet it was - literally saturated in moisturising fluid. Which had to be a good thing. The instructions weren't great, saying to do one thing with the "blue side" and another with the "white" - but it's not immediately obvious which is which, as the blue is more of a slight hue.

The mask itself is HUGE. I'm not tiny of face in any way, but there was plenty of area to go around.

During the 15 minutes of wearing time (when I'd finally got it on, rendering my husband in pain with laughing, and my youngest son slightly scared of my face) it felt great. Lovely, cool and relaxing. And when it came off, my face definitely did feel softer, but there was still loads of moisture in the mask. I'm not convinced much actually soaked into my skin.

And whilst my face felt nice, a few hours later I was feeling dry skinned again.

I like the product - it was relaxing once we had stopped laughing, and it definitely had a short term effect. I would buy again in an offer (2 for 1) or maybe as a monthly treat, but weekly, or at the prices on here(!) no.

Look at Me
Look at Me
by Sarah Duguid

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one for the reread pile, 30 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Look at Me (Paperback)
''Look at Me' sells itself as a coming of age story. 2 years after the death of her mother, Liz finds a mysterious pink envelope in her father's study. Curiosity piqued, she opens it and finds a letter written to her father by someone proclaiming to be his daughter. Liz makes contact with her half sister, and soon finds her life spiralling out of control when the half sister, Eunice, worms her way into the family home. I would argue against the 'coming of age' as Liz is almost 30...

The storyline itself is virtually non-existent once Eunice moves in, peppered with family events which Eunice spoils. A few days after finishing the book, I have no recollection of how the story ended, which in itself says something - like Eunice herself, it arrives into your life, baffles you with meanings and then...?

As a character story, it was interesting, well written and there were some humorous moments, but overall it read more as an exercise in creative writing than a work of fiction. Not one for the reread pile.

I received a copy of this free from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Father Christmas Kids Santa Presents Xmas Quilt Duvet Cover and Pillowcase Bedding Bed Set, Multi-Colour, Single
Offered by Courtleigh@Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Dec. 2016
Excellent, brightly coloured and festive. Washes brilliantly. For the price I am blown away.

Milton-Lloyd Miss Tutu PDT Spray for Ladies 50 ml
Milton-Lloyd Miss Tutu PDT Spray for Ladies 50 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Dec. 2016
Really lovely scent, but shame it doesn't last very long and requires resprays throughout the day.

Kids Bah Hum Pug Cute Festive Pug Dog Childrens Novelty Christmas Printed Sweatshirt Jumper Large
Offered by Nostalgic Clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christmas jumper for my 8 year old, 21 Dec. 2016
Excellent Christmas jumper for my 8 year old, who was utterly delighted. Good material, and has gone through the wash a couple of times already. The print isn't quite as bright as I had hoped, and I don't know if it will last until next year because of it, but for the price it was a brilliant purchase. Very roomy, but he likes oversized jumpers.

Gone Without A Trace: Her boyfriend has vanished. Now someone is watching her.
Gone Without A Trace: Her boyfriend has vanished. Now someone is watching her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Dec. 2016
Absolutely hooked me in from the start. Negative reviews have said that a lot of the early pages are laborious to read, but I think that captures accurately the feelings of the protagonist - the compulsive behaviour to find her missing partner, her loss and many questions.

With a twist at the end that really shocked me - I thought I had predicted what would happen, but no - this is definitely the best thriller I've read in a long time. Eagerly awaiting the next one!

OtterBox Symmetry for Apple iPhone 6/6S - Black
OtterBox Symmetry for Apple iPhone 6/6S - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Otterly fabulous., 30 Jun. 2016
Brilliant.

I've had my iPhone 6 for nearly 2 years now, and this was the first thing I bought when the phone was still on order. Having two small children who like iPhone apps, dogs who enjoy jumping on sofas when I leave things balanced precariously, and general butterfingers, it seemed like a good idea. 2 years down the line, it's probably saved me a fortune in repairs.

The couple of "big drops" my phone has experienced (onto concrete) have left the corners of the case slightly bashed, but it's still in fine condition. The extra casing also seems to stop the general iPhone problem of pocket lint storing in the charging port and causing problems, which is great. Any knocks, bumps and drops have been easily absorbed by the case. The only real wear and tear is to the power button protector which is starting to peel slightly - this is more an aesthetic issue than anything and still not bad for 2 years of protection.

Yes, dye from pockets does transfer to the lighter coloured otterboxes after a while. My deep pink case is now rather more purply on the sides as it's regularly shoved in a pair of jeans. And the otterbox does add a bit of bulk to the phone - but it's definitely worth it for the maximum protection. I'll be buying one for my next phone too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5