Profile for Ms. H. Henderson > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. Henderson

Ms. H. Henderson (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf - Purple 190cm
Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf - Purple 190cm
Offered by Ape Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scarf for a Harry Potter fan, 23 May 2016
This review is from: Harry Potter Scarf (Toy)
The scarf was of a good quality and arrived super quick,my niece loved it but will save it up to wear up for colder weather.

Harry Potter Golden Snitch Watch Necklace Steampunk Quidditch Pocket Clock
Harry Potter Golden Snitch Watch Necklace Steampunk Quidditch Pocket Clock
Offered by UK Ecological Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for a 10 year old!, 23 May 2016
I bougth the Golden snitch watch pendant for my niece who has become a big Harry Potter fan and she just loved it,I was the best Auntie ever!All her friends crowded around her and gazed in wonder at the Golden snitch.It took about 10 days to arrive and was well packed in bubble wrap.I would highly recommend for a popular but cheap present.

Knitted Dogs & Puppies
Knitted Dogs & Puppies
by Sue Stratford

5.0 out of 5 stars cute dogs, 5 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Knitted Dogs & Puppies (Hardcover)
Sue Stratford creates lively patterns to knit,I made some lovely presents for people which they loved.The book has some lovely pictures and relatively easy patterns to follow.

Knitted Cats & Kittens
Knitted Cats & Kittens
by Sue Stratford

5.0 out of 5 stars cute cats, 4 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Knitted Cats & Kittens (Hardcover)
You will love this book,patterns are relatively easy to follow and I have managed to knit some lovely presents for people

Approx.50Pcs Brooch Back Safety Catch Bar Pins 25mm--Great Additions for Your Custom Brooch, Pin, Badge or Any Other Craft Project that Requires A Pin
Offered by Betterprices

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 4 Dec. 2015
The brooch pins are of a very good quality,arrived within days of ordering and were a really good price

Anna Karenina (Oxford Worlds Classics)
Anna Karenina (Oxford Worlds Classics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Anna Karenina, 2 Jun. 2013
I have to admit I read this story because it has been made into a film and I wanted to read the book to gain a first impression rather than the film version.What can I say?!I usually read modern fiction and and I found the writing style of Tolstoy bit of a challenge.It was a very descriptive style of writing,a translation from the Russian language and took patience to see it through to the end.I found I did not have much sympathy for the character of Anna Karenina who had married an important government official,had two children by him,did not love him,embarked on an affair which resulted in a child she did not bond with and it all ended in tears,towards the end it became obvious she had a drug addiction and a mental health problem, but the book did give an insight into Russian History.Would I recommend to read it ?If only to say you have read a classic Tolsty ,in the form of a novel and to hope that the film version might explain the story better than my grasp of it.

Addicted to Food: Understanding the obesity epidemic (Kindle Single) (Guardian Shorts Book 56)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 29 April 2013
It was an interesting read of the part genetics and environment plays in a person becoming obese and the addictive effects of sugar consumption.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilling!, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Wow what an ending!
I found this book from recommendations on my new Kindle and downloaded it .I was glad to be able to use the dictionary function as there were many North American slang words and US spelling of words that kept me entertained and busy finding out meanings .It took me a while to get into a very American style of writing with lots of Corporate brand name drops which I had never heard of but I am glad I did as this was definitely a page turner.I now understand from the blurb at the back of the book it is to be turned into a screenplay,I hope it translates as well to the screen but read it first!

What I Wish I Knew about Nursing: Real Advice from Real Nurses on How To Deeply Care for Patients While Still Caring For Yourself

3.0 out of 5 stars Short read and celebrates nursing, 10 April 2013
This book will appeal to nurses who do not have a lot of time to spare as it is easy to dip in and out of.It should also serve to remind nurses new to the profession that caring is at its core,if you don't have compassion for people you are in the wrong job and should work elsewhere.Also to managers you should look out for people who display sensitivity to people's needs and reward them even if only to praise them as good models.You will all be old one day so treat patients as you would like to be treated is the message that comes across.I was happy to see men featured as well to show its not just a women's World and is open to all with the right aptitude.

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening History lesson, 9 April 2013
The story of Harriet Ann Jacobs life is amazing,I am so glad to have read her story of survival and endurance.It gave me a new insight into the oppression of Black people in the USA and should be required reading for anyone studying American History And Slavery and how this may relate to the present day.It is also a great human interest story of one woman's triumph over advertisty.

Page: 1 | 2