Profile for Huge > Reviews

Content by Huge

Huge (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Nordell 'Pro Trigger' Quick Release/Change Guitar Capo for Acoustic/Electric Black
Offered by Dangleberry Music

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of these in the gig bag as they are sturdy but lightweight, 3 April 2017
If I were a gigging musician I'd have a couple of these in the gig bag as they are sturdy but lightweight. I'm only a beginner and it does the job perfectly for me, I can now start learning some different songs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2017 1:20 PM BST

Undermajordomo Minor
Undermajordomo Minor

4.0 out of 5 stars More please!, 29 April 2016
Funny, quirky and hopefully enough about the characters to warrant a sequel. I just wish DeWitt was more prolific as I've enjoyed all his books.

Honky Tonk Samurai: Hap and Leonard Book Nine (Hap and Leonard Thrillers 9)
Honky Tonk Samurai: Hap and Leonard Book Nine (Hap and Leonard Thrillers 9)

4.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla cookies anyone?, 29 April 2016
Things are moving on for Hap & Leonard in another of their hugely entertaining series from the master of Texas tales Joe R Lansdale. I have read all the other books and this follows a familiar pattern of our erstwhile heroes in another adventure with sadistic killers, high class hookers and a cute puppy.

No spoilers but the end of the book may take you by surprise, you'll just have to read it to find out why!!

Marshall MG15CFR 15 Watt Guitar Amp with Reverb
Marshall MG15CFR 15 Watt Guitar Amp with Reverb
Offered by Reidy's Home Of Music

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of bang for your buck, 29 April 2016
Excellent service, next day as arranged. Very solid construction and superb range of sounds for such a small amp. Ideal for a beginner like me or for a more experienced musician who needs a portable unit. I doubt I will need anything else for a long time and I can boast that I own a Marshall amp! For under £90 I can't fault this at all.

Who Killed Mister Moonlight?: Bauhaus, Black Magick, and Benediction
Who Killed Mister Moonlight?: Bauhaus, Black Magick, and Benediction
by David J. Haskins

5.0 out of 5 stars In the shadow of his smile, 7 Sept. 2015
Everyone in my circle of friends had "their band" and Bauhaus were mine. I don't pretend to have been there at the beginning or to have been the first to have discovered them but it doesn't detract from their music being integral to my adolescent years. I found David J's book fascinating, if he didn't keep a diary throughout the years then he must have a photographic memory because some of his attention to detail from events over 30 years ago is excellent.

Through the early years, on into Love & Rockets (who in their own right were sublime) his solo career and the reformation of Bauhaus this book only skips a beat for me when it meanders off into tales of magic mushrooms and the occult. Having been the only sober/not stoned person in a gaggle of trippers I can say it is the most boring experience to sit around while everyone else goes "Wow, look at the trees!" or some such. This part of the book was a bit similar, I am sure David J was having a whale of a time off his nut on psychedelic tea but I wasn't much interested in his out of body experiences.

Poor old Peter Murphy does come across as a bit of a drama Queen in the book and I'd love to hear his side of things as well as Daniel Ash and David's brother Kevin Haskins, all of whom must have similar stories to tell. Despite the tales of drugs and Magick I would heartily recommend this book for anyone interested in the music scenes of the late 70's and early 80's and in particular how the greatest band in the world came to be and came to pass.

Operation Good Guys Complete - Series 1-3 [DVD]
Operation Good Guys Complete - Series 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dominic Anciano

5.0 out of 5 stars Before David Brent there was D.I. Beach, 2 May 2012
Watching these again has been a real treat, I'd forgotten just how understated and clever they were.

Question is did Ricky Gervais have this sort of thing in mind when he did The Office? Echos of D.I. Beach in the performance as David Brent with the interaction between the film crew and supporting cast. Not exactly a rip off but too similar to be just a coincidence.

Good Guys stands on its own though and there are so many gems it is difficult to pick out any particular moments but if pressed the episode with Sean Pertwee and the religious cult takes my vote.

Fantastic value too, under a tenner for a three series DVD box set.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of heaven, 18 Jun. 2011
First tasted Wild Cherry Life Savers in Florida in the early 90's. Been back to the states numerous times and never fail to bring a supply back home. Not as severe a taste as Barratts Cherry Drops, bit more subtle but still very sweet. Pack of 20 tubes each containing a little less than a standard pack of Polos is enough to give you a sugar rush for months and a telling off from your Dentist. Of all the Life Saver flavours this is my fave. If you think these will be just like the old fruit Polos then think again, not as acidic and they actually taste fruity. Still working my way through a few packs brought back from Vegas in February but when they run out I might have to indulge myself with a UK supply.

A1 Steak Sauce - 10 oz
A1 Steak Sauce - 10 oz
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic American, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: A1 Steak Sauce - 10 oz (Misc.)
Have a steak in the US and you will be offered A1 steak sauce. Do NOT mistake this for brown sauce (HP and the like) it is a totally different taste and consistency. Quite sharp, piquant I think the foodies would say, and best in small amounts, quite runny so be careful not to dash the bottle all over your plate! I was rather confused when first trying this, nothing like I'd expected, but it grows on you and worth a punt if you fancy something different. Expensive to use as a marinade but worth basting steaks prior to BBQ for a deep flavour. If you can't get to the States but would like to have a go then dive in.

The Original British Hit Singles
The Original British Hit Singles

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Legend, 24 Feb. 2011
This is a fantastic collection of Little Richard's singles and contains all his best songs. The combination of the song writing, the backing band, the production and above all else Little Richard's vocals make this an absolute must for any fan of Rock and Roll. It sounds so raw and marks L.R. as the master of the genre. It is a shame that the awesome piano work is so low in the mix, Jerry Lee Lewis is often credited with being the best RnR piano player but for my money Little Richard is just as good. For me 'You Keep a Knocking' is the stand out track, non-stop high voltage rock and roll! Enjoy.

John Fogerty: The Long Road Home [DVD] [2006] [NTSC]
John Fogerty: The Long Road Home [DVD] [2006] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ John Fogerty
Offered by Side Two

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but should have been better, 12 Aug. 2010
The concert was enjoyable and the mix of CCR classics, old standards and Fogerty's solo stuff was well balanced. Fogerty himself is a joy to watch as he appears to be really enjoying himself and not at all po-faced. What lets this DVD down big time is the awful dubbing and sound quality. It sounds as though the vocal was either recorded on a separate track and badly mixed in with the rest of the music or possibly re-recorded at a later date and dubbed over the master track. Even watching it on my new HD TV with different settings didn't sort out the quality.

I probably won't get the Albert Hall DVD, I was at the gig and ended up very let down by the end of the evening. Fogerty kept leaving the stage to get changed into fresh clothes and the whole show was recorded to promote his album. By the end of the night the place was half empty and a string of CCR tunes came too late. Complete contrast to the gig at Hammersmith which ROCKED from start to finish. I wish that it could have been recorded with decent sound instead of the Albert Hall show.

Page: 1 | 2