Profile for Freya > Reviews

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 9 April 2012
I read this book as it was my boyfriend and most my closest friends favourite book.
The vast majority of this book consists of mentioning other books & songs that the author is clearly a huge fan of and would like to promote, though there's a place for that and it's called facebook.
I found the first and second part extremely dull and monotonous, there was a lot of unnecessary, lengthy rambling which I assume was to build the characters personality. The third and fourth parts were slightly more interesting but still nothing to get excited about.
I'm glad I read it to see what all the fuss was about, although now i'm slightly disappointed in my friendship group and I hate that it get referred to as "the modern day Catcher in the Rye, just no."
It was very predictable. I definitely would not read it again.

No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel
No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel
by Janice Dickinson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly honest..., 27 Jun. 2011
3 failed marriages, two abortions, an abusive father, drug addiction and self loathing. Not in the slightest what I had expected from this book, she is appluadingly honest, witty and suprisingly human. If you want an education on who is who in the fashion industry, buy this book and google every name mentioned. Will definitely be buying another of Janice Dickinson's books.