Profile for mark pen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
by Mike Dooley

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but it's been covered time and time again, 5 Mar. 2012
Many reviewers have read Abraham Hicks, The Secret, The Power and so on, but I am always looking for something a little off the beaten track, and this book seemed to fit the bill. Mike Dooley is a New York Times bestseller, his past is steeped in reading self-help books and cramming on this sort of information so it shouldn't be a surprise to find his contemporary take on these books included in his mindset that comes across in this book. Mike Dooley seems to have sold more t-shirts than books, which he mentions from time to time. The message within this is the usual "...changing your thoughts, your life will automatically change as well." & "...your thoughts become the things and events of your life."

I don't know, maybe people are more easily pleased than I am, the co-creating thing has been done time and time again. There are very few books out there that address manifesting in a different way, these books do not throw up any surprise theories or new ways. Certainly Mike Dooley has a way with words, but is also dogmatic about his approach which he writes, "There are no other rules for manifesting change." What I didn't agree with was his take on positive thoughts being 10,000 times more powerful than negative thought. Try telling that to someone with low self-esteem.

Mike Dooley disparages the works of some other authors, which is not a big thing to do as far as I am concerned, as he probably hasn't even read their books. He claims that in virtually every case the authors assume that the readers share their worldview. A bit condescending for my liking, sorry.

From reading this I would say Mike Dooley is more of a motivator, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that and no wonder some readers are popping champagne corks celebrating his book, but not for me, thank you.

Mind Magic: Techniques for Transforming Your Life
Mind Magic: Techniques for Transforming Your Life
by Marta Hiatt

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple message, but I wanted more, 5 Mar. 2012
I was looking for a book with a little extra zest and not one of those books were you need unwavering faith, this sort of fills a gap but still left me hungry for new ideologies. The message in this book is sometimes all it takes to change your life is to change your routine.

Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
by Doreen Virtue PhD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but be prepared to shell out for crystals, 5 Mar. 2012
Before going on the what looks like the more advanced crystal book that everyone seems to mention The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall I felt more comfortable reading one of my favourite authors' books. One thing, after reading this be prepared to invest in some crystals, and they are not cheap when you go out hunting for them. The book is filled with colourful images of crystals and all of their names and different types of shapes, which is important to know as they have so many uses. Doreen guides the reader in a simple way, which if you are a new starter at this like me then it is a good start, but the cost of crystals was a sore point with me.

Handcrafted Spiritually Uplifting Ohm Belly Ring
Handcrafted Spiritually Uplifting Ohm Belly Ring
Offered by Body Candy Body Jewelry

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic piece, 22 Dec. 2011
Not that I wear this, but my other half does and it's so rewarding on many ways. To see such a piece attached to a person is so exotic to see, try it and see how it lifts your inner chi.

The Secret of Getting Started: Strategies to Triumph over Procrastination
The Secret of Getting Started: Strategies to Triumph over Procrastination

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Motivator!, 22 Dec. 2011
I think we can call it a success. Alright, as some might say, it's not one of those books you would put on your "must have lists", but certainly it's one to give you an the incredible jump up the ladder when it comes to getting things done. Who would really want this at the top of their list when it means applying an effort to overcome inertia? Provides a level of inspiration that is truly admirable!

Chakra Clearing: Restore your grip on life with only your mind
Chakra Clearing: Restore your grip on life with only your mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical & Understandable, 27 Nov. 2011
When it came to clearing the chakras I was looking for something that presented ideas in a more practical way than spiritual. This does it so neatly and in an unerstandbale way.

Empowerment Affirmations
Empowerment Affirmations

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 27 Nov. 2011
This is something you couldn't really go wrong in buying, it's a nice little set of affirmations that saves you having to sit down and write a load of them out, it's all done and said for you ... you just have to listen.

Angel (The Angel Trilogy, Book 1)
Angel (The Angel Trilogy, Book 1)
by L.A. Weatherly

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful plot, strangely drawn to it!, 29 Aug. 2011
I felt utterly drawn to this book once I knew the plot. I just felt an affinity with the character Willow who has a special gift whereby she can look into peoples futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets just by touching them. I believe there are people who can do this, sort of empathise with others and how they are feeling, so I was on Willow's side throughout the book.

Positively Happy: Cosmic Ways To Change Your Life
Positively Happy: Cosmic Ways To Change Your Life
by Noel Edmonds

5.0 out of 5 stars It's different, 28 Aug. 2011
I found myself cherry picking bits here and bits there, obviously we know most of Noel's story to date but there are little bits we can glean from this that are useful. It's impossible to ignore his success and where it started from, but his second big break, as he says, was down to cosmic ordering.

Money Magic: Seven simple steps to true financial freedom (Quick Reads)
Money Magic: Seven simple steps to true financial freedom (Quick Reads)
by Alvin Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars gives you the control, 23 Aug. 2011
It wasn't a case of making the money, as I have already found out the secret to wealth creation from another source, but it was more about how to cut back on the outgoings that soon drain the pot. For me Alvin Hall's Money Magic is the first step to making my money work for me. Getting the money isn't the problem, it's keeping it or making it work that counts. Alvin takes you through his seven steps to success, and his advice really works.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2016 8:52 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2