Profile for Patrick D. Carey > Reviews

Content by Patrick D. Carey

Patrick D. Carey "Billynomates" (Romford)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Games for Language Learning (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers)
Games for Language Learning (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers)
by Andrew Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true, 21 July 2010
This is just what every language teacher needs. We are told again and again...play games..be communicative ...but then nobody can really recommend a good game ...or enough games. Here's the answer. It has really worked for me.

Green Card [DVD] [1991]
Green Card [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Gérard Depardieu

5.0 out of 5 stars True romance, 21 July 2010
This review is from: Green Card [DVD] [1991] (DVD)
I saw this film when it came out and then again and again ... and again. In my opinion it's one of the greatest romantic comedies of its era. It's funny and really hits you in the heart too...

Principle and Practice in Applied Linguistics: Studies in Honour of H. G. Widdowson (Oxford Applied Linguistics)
by Guy Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars A great collection of essays for practitioners, 21 July 2010
I bought this book while doing an MA in ELT. I really only bought it for one essay I had to read but ended up reading the whole book. It has something for everyone working in this field and offers essays working with both practical and theoretical eyes.

Literature in the Language Classroom: A Resource Book of Ideas and Activities (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers)
by Joanne Collie

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to read..., 21 July 2010
I've been working on promoting the use of literature in the ELT classroom and would definitely recommend this book...it's both good on theory and practical matters...such as choosing and creating activities and materials.

Asterix Et Les Goths (Asterix La Grande Collection)
Asterix Et Les Goths (Asterix La Grande Collection)
by Rene Goscinny

5.0 out of 5 stars Long live asterix, 21 July 2010
I read this with my niece who is studying in a French lycee in Argentina. My French isn't as good as hers so she had to explain a few things to me. She adored the book, the illustrations everything! Our only problem is choosing the next Asterix! As I write this review she's next to me saying - I really enjoyed that book! There is no better recommendation from a 7 year old.

Learning Language Through Literature: A Sourcebook for Teachers of English in Hong Kong
by Peter Falvey

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource, 21 July 2010
I am writing my thesis for an MA in ELT and this book was an invaluable resource. It offers information from practitioners who are working with literature and is full of enthusiasm as well as information

Le Secret De LA Pyramide
Le Secret De LA Pyramide
by Mary Pope Osborne
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, 21 July 2010
My niece read this book and absolutely loved it. She's 7 and studying in the French lycee in Buenos Aires. It's always difficult to find the right book for this age but this suited her perfectly and got her interested in Egypt. Well done La Cabane Magique!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to most of my prayers., 27 May 2010
These rubber wedges are excellent value for money. The doors I use them on are large office doors and, contrary to my fears, they prop the doors open a treat. They even work on fire doors, but such use might be inadvisable. Certainly, I'm nothing less than enthused about this fantastic product. How can you go wrong at this price?

Glen GU2TS Upright Electric Fan Heater, 2 Kilowatt
Glen GU2TS Upright Electric Fan Heater, 2 Kilowatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars all the way., 9 April 2010
Bought this because there was one being used where I worked. It transformed a previously icy-cold office into a pleasant work area and so I purchased one for home use. Again it didn't disappoint. It's not complicated to use. You plug it in, turn the two dials on the top to the desired temperature setting, and very soon your room is pleasantly transformed. It also has a thermostat that switches it on and off according to room temperature, so it saves money as well. I paid 16.99 for it but I notice it's gone up to 23.73 now.

Cutter's Way [DVD] [1981]
Cutter's Way [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ John Heard

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated gem., 7 April 2010
This review is from: Cutter's Way [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Many people regard the star of this excellent film to be Jeff Bridges and, in fairness to him, he acts his role well in this amateur detective story. But for me, John Heard is immense as the embittered, and disabled war veteran who, frustrated with life, just wants to get even with those who avoided the Vietnam war draft. He respects nobody and fears nobody as he single-handedly pursues wealthy magnate Stephen Elliot for the murder of a young escort. There's a good deal of comedy and humour in this film, some of it (notably that delivered by Alex Cutter) politically incorrect and unacceptable in today's society, but the script is a masterpiece.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8