Profile for D.B. > Reviews

PediFix Arch Bandage
PediFix Arch Bandage
Offered by ABC Wholesale

1.0 out of 5 stars This is s***!, 2 April 2013
This does not offer any support. It would be better to buy an ankle brace as they give support to the arch at the same time.

The Bride Wore Scarlet (MacLachlan Family & Friends)
The Bride Wore Scarlet (MacLachlan Family & Friends)

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better second time around, 16 July 2012
I was disappointed by the first book in this series but this one is much better. The story was more riveting and the characters better developed. Not as great as her master pieces A Deal with the Devil, Beauty Like the Night or Two Little Lies but not every en-devour can be perfect.

Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD]
Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tara Lee
Offered by Fulfillment Next Day

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Yoga DVD's ever, prenatal or otherwise, 15 Aug. 2011
I ordered this in the second trimester of my pregnancy. It is the best yoga DVD I have bought so far. It is easy to follow. The exercises for pregnancy ailments really work. This Yoga DVD was obviously made by people who know the subject and their audience. All the exercises are appropriate for pregnant women. Any exercises that may be painful or difficult for some pregnant women are specifically mentioned and alternatives given. The music is nice and soothing and the narrator is not annoyingly perky as in most exercise videos. It is great that they cover exercises for pregnancy ailments, a yoga routine for fit/yoga advanced pregnant mothers, a routine for the not so fit/advanced, preparation for labour and relaxation/meditation. So there is basically something for everyone or the option of doing something different each session. I am now in my 38th week and still using this DVD but with greater emphasis on preparation for labour.

Female Erotic Photography
Female Erotic Photography
by Reka Nyari

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photographs!, 15 Aug. 2011
The erotic photographs in this book are clearly more art as opposed to erotica. I like the portrayal of the female body as dark and edgy rather than the traditional portrayal of soft and pretty. The different scenery compositions and different types of models make it more interesting than if it were purely studio shots of beautiful models' bodies. I am by no means an artist or art connoisseur but I know what I like and I like this book. It will have a prominent place on my coffee table.

10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout but not all exercises appropriate for pregnancy, 15 Aug. 2011
I bought this prenatal workout relatively early in my pregnancy. I really enjoy it and feel like I am getting a good physical workout. I like that the sections are so short and fast that I don't think "When does it end?" The ability to mix and match sections are very handy. The major drawback to this prenatal workout is the fact that many exercises are done lying flat on the back which is not safe after the first trimester because it compresses the vena cava. Also, the core exercises incorporate a lot of sit up like moves which are not good as you put undue stress on stomach muscles which are stretching to the sides of your growing tummy. To compensate I simply omitted such exercises or modified them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2012 8:49 PM BST

A Deal With the Devil
A Deal With the Devil

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Liz Carlyle book, 21 Oct. 2010
This is by far my favourite historical romance book to date. In addition to Liz's usually deep and nuanced characters, plausible story, hot love scenes and exciting mystery there is more humour here than in her other books and most historical romances. I found myself laughing out loud at a few places throughout the book especially at Kemble and DeRohan's conversations during their trip north. I have read this book at least five times. All in all a can't-put-down-to-go-to-sleep book.

Beauty Like the Night (Rutledge Family series Book 1)
Beauty Like the Night (Rutledge Family series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Regency Romances ever, 21 Oct. 2010
This was one of the first of Liz Carlyle's romance novels I read. It was also one of the first Regency Romance novels that had depth and a plausible plot. Many historical romances tend to have a very implausible plot because it is difficult to devise a way to get the romantic couple together in a sexual manner in and era when there was no sex before marriage. But Liz does it well and the story is believable. The characters are well developed and likable even at their worst, the sex scenes are well written and steamy, and the mystery and suspense also plausible and exciting. This is one of the reasons I have been collecting Liz's books ever since. This is one of my favourites of Liz's and I have read it at least three times.

One Touch of Scandal (MacLachlan Family & Friends)
One Touch of Scandal (MacLachlan Family & Friends)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best but still decent, 17 Oct. 2010
Liz Carlyle is my favourite romance novelist. Since my first couple of Liz Carlyle books I have collected them religiously and always wait anxiously for her new releases. This new book though a good historical romance novel and better than many others in the genre is not as engaging as her previous novels. In my opinion the development of the romantic relationship was not executed well enough. It was treated in a more shallow and brief way than in her previous novels. The book was focused more on the mystery/suspense and psychic themes than of the relationship and character developement of the main protagonists. This book denied the reader an emersion in a great romance story from its tentative begginings, through the lovers' character revelations, angsts and issues, all the way to the glorious happily-ever-after. Which to my mind is the best part and the best indicator of a great romance novel. I hope the other two books planned for this trilogy will follow her previous genius.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2010 7:32 PM BST