Profile for C.B > Reviews

Content by C.B

C.B (West Midlands, England)

The Christmas List (Kindle Single)
The Christmas List (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Christmas spirit, 5 Aug. 2017
Even though it is only August, ending this made me feel excited in the way that only the event of Christmas can do. Although I predicted what was going to happen, it didn't put me off and I was able to read the book in one sitting. A bonus was the use of British English rather than American and the fact that English place names were used, which gave the story quite a familiar feel.

Trading Thrills
Trading Thrills

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice quartet of stories, 22 May 2015
This review is from: Trading Thrills (Kindle Edition)
A nice quartet of stories, all linked through the main characters. Some interesting ideas and I liked the addition of book club questions and activities to try either on your own, with a partner or with friends.

Urban Legends Uncovered: An Investigation into the Truths Behind the Myths: An Investigation into the Truth Behind the Myths
by Mark Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and informative, 15 July 2008
I thought this was a very well written book, it focuses on many of the well-known urban legends and also some of the lesser-known ones. I read this book in just 2 sittings as I found it really difficult to put down. Barber uses language to effectively communicate with the reader, unlike some books I have read on the same subject which are written in an almost clinical way. The fact that there is a website linked to the book means that you won't just read it once and forget about it - you will want to keep updated on unsolved mysteries and the discovery of any possible new urban legends. Overall, a superb book and well worth the money!

Overloaded: Popular Culture and the Future of Feminism
Overloaded: Popular Culture and the Future of Feminism
by Imelda Whelehan

4.0 out of 5 stars Overload indeed!, 16 Feb. 2005
I bought this book purely for my dissertation on female role models. It did help in its own way, and it got quite interestingtowards the end, but after the entertaining beginning, I found it a bit hard going and seeing as I wouldn't describe myself as afeminist, I got a bit fed up of having it constantly rammed down my throat. Nevertheless, it is a very educational book, but there was a whole chapter on politics, which i did read, although I must admit I find politics a bit boring and having it in this book made it worse. If you are going to but a book like this, then I can't recommend any others and it goves a true portrayal on the rise of feminism and females, but please check that it is actually what you want to read about.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2010 9:28 AM BST

Teach Yourself Writing Poetry (Teach Yourself Creative Writing)
Teach Yourself Writing Poetry (Teach Yourself Creative Writing)
by Matthew Sweeney

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant poetry book all round, 16 Feb. 2005
I bought this as I am quite interested in anytyhing to do with poetry, reading it, writing it, understanding it etc and I was not disappointed! It takes you through many different forms of poetry and gives you small exercises that you could do anywhere. I would definbitely recommend this book for most people, especiallythos that want to improve their writing or to even get a starting point, it was a wonderful investment at a very good price.