Profile for Birkbeckian > Reviews

Content by Birkbeckian

Birkbeckian

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic linen jacket at an amazingly low price!, 26 May 2016
This jacket exceeded my expections in terms of its excellent quality and fit. It is made of a good-quality linen, with a nice lining and is well-constructed. I can be anything from a size 12-16 as far as shop-bought clothes are concerned, so I ordered a size 16 based upon a comment made on the sizing by another reviewer - and it fits me perfectly, a little bit long in the sleeves perhaps but I can easily fix that. Delighted I came across this jacket on Amazon and at such an amazing price too - ideal for both office and casual wear during these warmer spring/summer months.

4 Pack Flexi Bra (TM) - The Ultimate comfort Bra. Seamless Support Comfort Sport Stretch Action Leisure Black White Nude / Beige (3 Colour Set + Free Beige Bra (Same Size), Large - Chest 38.5-40inches or Dress size UK 12-14)
Offered by Marielle Underwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, very comfortable to wear too, 24 May 2016
These are, I think, excellent value for money. I don't think they offer the support some might prefer,, for those of you looking for firm support - although I find them perfectly adequate for casual/indoor use. I like the three varieties of colour in this pack and they are very comfortable to wear. They give a flattering outline too, much better than the bumps of the patterns/seams in standard bra designs. As for the fit, I am a 38C/D cup and found the Large size just about right for me. I'd rather this type of bra be snug fitting anyway, because of the stretchiness of the material.

PB-SOAR 100% Silk Women's Square Scarf Bandana Neckerchief 52cm x 52cm, 14 Patterns Available (Pattern 11)
Offered by PB-SOAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful silk scarf, wonderful design, 18 May 2016
This scarf is made of beautiful, soft silk. As a silk square, it is just big enough for me to wear tied around my neck. I ordered the one with the architectural/people detail pattern which was even better than I'd anticipated, beautifully illustrated. The picture reminds me of an antique venetian watercolour painting, in delicate soft shades of blue/cream/green/pink/brown/orange and more. I am looking forward to wearing it over the summer months, it will add a touch of chic to my outfits. It arrived much quicker than I'd anticipated too and I think is very reasonably priced for a 100% silk scarf of this quality. I can therefore recommend both seller and product.

Luxury plain 100% Pure Natural Silk Neck Scarf - Very Light Weight Fine & Soft SKIN-FRIENDLY Fabric - Stylish & Timeless Luxurious Finishing Touch To Any Outfit Perfect Dayily Scarves
Offered by Cloud 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful scarf, lightweight and comfortable yet not too flimsy, 5 May 2016
This is a lovely scarf, arrived promptly after ordering it and I'm very pleased with it. It is very lightweight and soft, yet not too flimsy and perfect for wearing in the warmer weather. I also find it a good length, not too long yet long enough to wear a bit loose around my neck or for a more snug fit if I want to on a cooler day/evening. I ordered this in the grey shade, which I think can be described as either a slate or graphite grey - or even Paynes Grey for any of you watercolour artists out there - this is even better than I had expected, as in the Amazon pic it is a slightly lighter shade of grey, although that would have been fine too.

I am probably going to order another one in a different colour.

Ladies Womens Plus Size Blouse Shirt Short Sleeve Work Office Formal Mandarin
Ladies Womens Plus Size Blouse Shirt Short Sleeve Work Office Formal Mandarin
Offered by Metzuyan Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking shirt, good quality, 1 May 2016
I haven't worn this shirt yet but on trying it on, am very pleased with it. Looks to be nicely constructed and perfect for daily office wear, or for more casual wear. I like the mandarin style collar, which is a nice variation on a standard shirt collar. I am usually a size 14-16 in shirts, although this can vary a lot depending on the manufacturer/shop, as there doesn't seem to be such a thing as "standard" sizing these days(!) Erring on the side of caution, I ordered a size 18 and would say it is probably true to a UK size 18. I therefore have some room in the garment which still looks fine and at least there are no unslightly gaps between the buttons in the front. I am probably going to order another one in a different colour, next time in a size 16 and see how the two compare.

DenadaDance Toe Stretchers Pink
DenadaDance Toe Stretchers Pink
Offered by Denada Brands

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with the results - no longer in pain from Metatarsalgia/Morton's Neuroma, 29 April 2016
Let me tell you what led me to buy these toe stretchers a while back. About six years ago, my GP diagnosed the burning, stabbing pain I was getting on the ball of my left foot, between the second and third toes, as metatarsalgia. I was not entirely convinced by this diagnosis, as having read about the symptoms of Morton's Neuroma, I figured that this what I had and unfortunately, continued to suffer pain from over the last six years, with some abatement in symptoms usually over the Autumn/Winter months when I would usually wear flat-heeled, wider-fitting boots for optimum comfort. Some months ago, the pain became more persistent and severe and would not ease off, to the extent I couldn't put any weight on my left foot, even when wearing my comfy boots and I was restricted to limping around in trainers which wasn't doing my foot or my general posture any good at all. I searched for various natural remedies on the web, eventually finding on YouTube a video posted by a fellow Morton's Neuroma sufferer who suggested the daily wearing of toe stretchers for thirty minutes or so when resting up, as a means of alleviating the symptoms, if not curing the condition. I was pleased I could get toe stretchers on Amazon, so purchased this pair and devised a routine of wearing them for a minimum of thirty minutes each evening. I also place a hot water bottle underneath the balls of my feet when wearing the toe stretchers and rest up in bed, as I think the heat helps with the blood circulation to the affected area and therefore hopefully assists with the therapeutic/healing process. After doing this for two weeks, I began to notice that my symptoms were abating; I have therefore continued with this routine on a daily basis each evening and am virtually pain-free - hooray! Of course, I don't know whether it was using the toe stretchers regularly or the heat from the hot water bottle or a combination of both which has led to such an improvement for me, nor do I yet know if when I start wearing my Spring/Summer shoes and sandles whether the symptoms will return. All I can say for the time being at least is that I'm delighted with the results I have achieved in using these toe stretchers. I'm a size four foot and my toes are quite small so the holes for the toes are quite big for me, but they still work ok in terms of seperating the toes. Another tip I cam across for alleviating the symptoms of Morton's Neuroma is to put two sponge earplugs between the affected toes before you put on your footwear, as this keeps the toes slightly seperated throughout the day, therefore taking pressure off the neuroma and alleviating the pain. This seems to work for me too! I am now currently walking properly, putting equal weight on my left and right foot, which is good news in terms of avoiding any related postural problems.

Futuro Fashion Winter Style Full Length Warm Thick Heavy Cotton Leggings All Sizes 8-22 P25
Offered by Futuro Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars Good leggings for the price, 17 April 2016
I am generally pleased with these leggings; the quality is better than most of those I have bought in any high street shop and they are certainly thicker than my previous purchases, therefore not see-through in the black pair I have just bought. They seem well-constructed and very comfortable. I bought a size 12 having read other reviews on the sizing being a bit on the small side but they were a bit loose around the knees. After one wash, however, they shrank to about a size 10 which I am able to get away with in leggings but wouldn't want them to shrink any further. I would therefore recommend some caution when washing these, perhaps it would be better to do a handwash instead.

I would probably order these again as the price is good and the quality on a par with most of the leggings I have bought at a higher price in the shops.

WangsAura Womens Pockets Button Down Plaids & Checks Large Hem Long Shirt Blouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality shirt, excellent value for money, 17 April 2016
This is a well made, good quality item and excellent value for money. It will look great with leggings too. Just a tip: if you want a looser fit, as showin in the photograph for this item, go up one size larger from your usual size.

For A Wonderful Great Granddaughter on Your 1st Birthday Card
For A Wonderful Great Granddaughter on Your 1st Birthday Card
Offered by The Big card company

5.0 out of 5 stars A pretty birthday card for a one-year-old girl, 3 Feb. 2016
A pretty birthday card for a one-year-old girl, I also like the sweet verse which starts on the front of the card and continues inside. Attractively illustrated and on good quality card, not flimsy at all. Comes with a nice matching pale pink envelope, was delivered promptly and well-packaged. I would therefore recommend both seller and product based on this purchase.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas gift, 1 Jan. 2016
I ordered two of these for a couple of mates to give as Christmas presents - and was sorely tempted to keep them for myself when they arrived! They came in a lovely festive box, complete with glitter detailing. Each candle looked very prettily packaged too. So far, the feedback from the friends I gave them to has been very favourable - reporting lovely scents from the ones they've used so far. All in all, a very satisfying purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13