Profile for ddbelle > Reviews

Content by ddbelle

ddbelle

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Roanoke Village (Roanoke: Memories of Isabel Book 1)
Roanoke Village (Roanoke: Memories of Isabel Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing story, 22 April 2013
I found this story very confusing and disjointed to read. I couldn't tell if it was a factual account or a story. Some parts rang true but others seemed made up. Overall I enjoyed it as an introduction to a fascinating era of American history

William Armes Kilkis Washable Kitchen Rug  Emerald 80x50cm
William Armes Kilkis Washable Kitchen Rug Emerald 80x50cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful doormat, 22 April 2013
Colour is not quite as the image (looked more like a sea green but it is a dark forest green) so doesn't match my hall carpet as well as I hoped it would. It does a good job of keeping said carpet clean of mud etc so i'm happy with it.

The Mummifier´s Daughter - A Novel in Ancient Egypt (The Mummifier's Daughter Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting setting!, 24 Mar. 2013
I find ancient Egyptian history fascinating and this novel exploring one intriguing facet of the time - mummification - is illuminating on the whys and wherefores of how it was carried out. It also paints a absorbing picture of every day life at this time. You get the feeling it could turn into a series with Neti-Kerty being the pathologist and Shabkah the Egyptain detective, if so, hopefully the characters will become more well rounded.

Tragedy in the Sierra Nevada: A Narrative of the Donner Party
Tragedy in the Sierra Nevada: A Narrative of the Donner Party

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent summary, 10 Mar. 2013
An excellent summary which highlights the ordeals and incredible fortitude of the people in the party and their recuscuers. I did however find that the accounts written by the individuals in the "History of the Donner Party, a Tragedy of the Sierra" more moving and engrossing as these were told by the individuals who had actually been on this awful journey. I read the accounts first, I admit they can be slightly confusing as they are not told in a strictly linear way but they really grip the reader. I read the B. Scott Christmas story afterwards which gave a clear, unbiased picture of the journey.

History of the Donner Party, a Tragedy of the Sierra
History of the Donner Party, a Tragedy of the Sierra

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing historically true story, 23 Feb. 2013
I'm lucky to have been over the Sierra Nevada mountains but in the warmth of a modern train - breathtaking scenery! How some of these people managed to survive the hardships is truly amazing and humbling - I feel guilty now saying I'm cold in my centrally heated house. I was moved by these true accounts of the tragedy, you felt as if you were part of it rather than just reading about it. I also downloaded to my kindle the B. Scott Christmas version of the story but I'm glad I read the real accounts first. Thank you to the volunteers who converted them so I could.

Family Tree Maker 2012 Platinum Edition (PC)
Family Tree Maker 2012 Platinum Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good update of useful database, 12 Jan. 2013
My old 2005 Family Tree Maker would not upload on my new laptop so decided to buy the new version. The layout has been redesigned a bit but it's still user friendly and being able update straight from the internet to my copy is a a very useful tool

Saddler Genuine Leather Zip Round with Tab Fastener Purse Wallet, Fuchsia
Saddler Genuine Leather Zip Round with Tab Fastener Purse Wallet, Fuchsia
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour and size, 12 Jan. 2013
Bought for my daughter - just what she wanted - a lovely feel to the leather - a useful size which fits in her bag with sufficient slots for her cards and being a funky pink can't get lost in the bag equals lots of brownie points. Intend to buy myself one!

Nefertiti
Nefertiti

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Nefertiti (Kindle Edition)
I am fascvinated by ancient Egyptian history and enjoyed the plausible storyline, Well imagined ideas about a time we know little about.

Forefront Cases NEW KINDLE 4 Red / Black Leather Case Cover with Magentic LED Night Reading Light For New Amazon Kindle 4 / Wi-Fi 6" / Latest Generation October 2011 / New Kindle 4 WiFi

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour!, 12 Jan. 2013
I bought the red one so it can be seen easily in my bag - a good reading light but it works too well at times as it is too easy to switch on unintentionally and find it lit when next used.

Collins Zipped Conference 4 Ring Binder with Calculator Capacity 25mm W260xH362mm A4 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent folder, 12 Jan. 2013
Bought as present for my daughter who loves it - well designed business folder with a expensive feel to it

Page: 1 | 2 | 3