Profile for Ms. Alexandra R. Tomlin > Reviews

Content by Ms. Alexandra ...

Ms. Alexandra R. Tomlin

Page: 1 | 2
SUPERB QUALITY SOFT FAUX MONGOLIAN FUR BLACK 16" FURRY CUSHION COVER LABOLG
SUPERB QUALITY SOFT FAUX MONGOLIAN FUR BLACK 16" FURRY CUSHION COVER LABOLG
Offered by Chic at Home Furnishings
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 3 April 2014
I purchased it for craft purposes, but the cushion was so soft I almost kept it for my sofa. Really lovely, really good value for money and I bought several more.

Fashion Plaza Women's Adjustable Vintage leather Bracelet Ocean Blue Orange Stone Key Charm Triple Strands L133
Offered by Fashion PLAZA
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty, 3 April 2014
Affordable and very pretty to look at, it is a lovely bracelet and a good value for money. I would buy again!

The My Little Pony G1 Collector's Inventory: An Unofficial Full Color Illustrated Collector's Price Guide to the First Generation of Mlp Including All
by Kimberly Shriner
Price: 26.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide, 3 April 2014
A really useful guide for collectors with a great abundance of information. As a UK collector, it was a little disappointing that a number of european ponies (including very valuable ones) are not listed, leaving me a bit in the dark about a lot of my collection, though this is understandable as it is an american book. Another small issue was that the prices are not as accurate to today's values, but again, not the fault of the book itself. It is still very well put together and extremely helpful, a wonderful and invaluable guide, well recommended.

iMP XL Animal Case - Beagle Pup (Nintendo 3DS XL, DSi XL)
iMP XL Animal Case - Beagle Pup (Nintendo 3DS XL, DSi XL)
Offered by AccessoryOutlet
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great! Just wanted a different dog breed., 17 Jan 2014
A wonderful carry case for a XL 3ds. I had accidentally bought a carrier in the past that was the wrong size, and bought this one instead to protect my 3ds. It's cute, well made and fun, with room inside for games. Probably a more feminine product as it resembles a purse, but very good value for money. Only wish there were more options for dog breeds on the front (I could only find two breeds, this beagle and the Chihuahua). Highly recommended!

Critter Costuming: Making Mascots and Fabricating Fursuits
Critter Costuming: Making Mascots and Fabricating Fursuits
by Adam Riggs
Price: 22.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 4 Dec 2013
Considering that I can find no other books of this type available, I felt it was a good value for money in size and written quantity. However, the book felt dated to me: it was all in black and white and the pictures of the suits themselves felt as though they were made in the 'earlier' years of fursuiting. It felt as though I were reading a book from the 80's (though again, this may have been the case, and that is not the writers fault!).
Ultimately, compared to the techniques available today, it felt out of touch. I am not a complete novice to costuming and many techniques I expected to be mentioned were not. I also felt that the steps could have been demonstrated better: mostly, I felt the artwork was juvenile and the techniques needlessly complex.

That said, it has offered some good tips to me. For a novice at fursuiting or costuming it might well be a great guide, (though some of the ideas on how to make a head seemed overtly difficult) and I expected the sections to be more obvious, on how to make tails, feet, hands...but it seemed to scoot around these and generalize. One costume, being a tight, spandex type costume was quite horrendous - I certainly have never seen that before in the fursuiting world, and I am glad of it!

Overall It is not a bad book. It is unique, and there should be more like it; currently it is one of a kind in the field it is discussing and that makes it useful. However, if there had been others around, I dare say I would have bought those instead. In the wake of the internet and free tutorials online, the book feels as if it needs to catch up with the needs of costumers.

High density firm upholstery foam 60x20x1"
High density firm upholstery foam 60x20x1"
Offered by C Perrin Re-upholstery
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 July 2013
Bought for costume making and was a great value for money, got more than I expected and was pleased with the packaging and amount.

Funky Veg Kit by Plant Theatre - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow
Funky Veg Kit by Plant Theatre - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 22 July 2013
Bought as gift, slightly over priced but very novel and my family loved them. Hope they grow now, so we shall see!

WOMENS GIRLS WHITE CASUAL RUNNING JOGGING GYM TRAINERS SPORTS LACE UP WALKING SHOES LADIES WHITE/BLUE SIZE 5
Offered by Lora Dora

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 July 2013
very comfy and light, perfect, no complaints at all. They were extremely cheap, but i was impressed by them for the price as I have had worse shoes and paid much more. I only use them for jogging mind, but still was very pleased. Pretty colors too. Well worth buying.

4 Meters x 27" Wide Polyester Wadding Quilting Dacron
4 Meters x 27" Wide Polyester Wadding Quilting Dacron
Offered by Black Barn Upholstery Supplies
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 July 2013
Used it for costume making and was a great value for money. Had so much left over I've been stuffing teddies with it! Great and would buy it again.

The Art of Avatar: James Cameron's Epic Adventure
The Art of Avatar: James Cameron's Epic Adventure
by Lisa Fitzpatrick
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for backgrounds, not so good for characters, 3 Mar 2010
I purchased this book on a whim after watching the new movie Avatar and it does have a wonderful catalogue of pre movie designs, concepts and background art. The pictures are beautiful and i do not regret my purchase. It is essentially a book on the concept artwork of the Avatar world, Pandora, and for those that saw Pandora as the main artistic element of the film it definitly supplies a wide range of plants landscapes and gorgeous photoshop designs, including the machines and man made army base on Pandora. Sadly there is little in the way of character design or concepts for Jake Sully or Neytiri, and there is also a limited range of detail on the species on the planet, which i found a great shame. (There is one pull out page that shows some concepts for the Navi race, and it would have been nice to see more of that). There is also much more photoshop concept art then actual detail on the rendering of the animated world, which although i probably should have assumed from the title of the book, i still found slightly dissapointing.

A good purchase for fans of Avatar, and overall an in depth catalogue of the concept art for Pandora. However if you are interested in the technology used or the character and species designs, it might not hold everything that you are looking for.

Page: 1 | 2