Profile for zoenatasha > Reviews

Content by zoenatasha

zoenatasha

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Contemporary Monologues for Women (The Good Audition Guides)
Contemporary Monologues for Women (The Good Audition Guides)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the typical drama school student, 4 Jan. 2015
I don't normally review books but felt compelled to write this as I am 19 and from London and could not find a single monologue in this book suitable for a drama school audition. The majority of the monologues were either heavily accented (Irish/Scotish etc.) or for 30-year olds. I really don't recommend this book at all.

Onnen Organic Olive Oil Face Soap, Unperfumed
Onnen Organic Olive Oil Face Soap, Unperfumed

1.0 out of 5 stars Soap?!, 12 Nov. 2012
I bought this soap because of the few ingredients and excellent reviews as I have bad eczema and all other soaps seem to irritate my skin terribly (even natural ones). This did not irritate my skin for once but that was the only positive. The bar looked hard upon arrival and I found that it didn't lather even after running it under warm water for several minutes. It was so mild that it didn't clean my skin at all and I was left not only sweaty but oily too. I also didn't like the smell of the soap (I didn't think it smelt like olive oil) - it had a musty scent that stayed on me long after I had finished using it. I wouldn't really call this soap it's more a stale block of olive oil and I wouldn't even use it on a baby. The search for a good soap for dry, problem skin continues...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 5:09 PM GMT

Inecto Pure Coconut Dry Shampoo 150ml
Inecto Pure Coconut Dry Shampoo 150ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not very effective, 11 Nov. 2012
I bought this dry shampoo because I don't like the strong scent of Batiste and wanted to try something more natural and I was attracted by the low price and positive reviews. First of all, this product is definitely not natural and, contrary to the description, is not made from 100% coconut oil at all but a concoction of synthetic chemicals, alcohol and perfume. However it does smell more natural than Batiste and isn't as overpowering (for coconut lovers only). It also doesn't leave white powder in your hair (as some other reviewers have mentioned) although this may be its downfall as I found that my hair was just as greasy as before I used the product - in fact I found my hair was not only still greasy but oily too from the coconut oil. It didn't make my sensitive scalp itch but again that's because its too gentle. The only other positive was that it made my hair really soft once brushed through (hence the two stars) but I think I'll be reluctantly returning to Batiste. It's a shame as this product has such a potential to be great but falls short at its usefulness. I'll be waiting until they change the formula before I consider this a rival.

Aidapt Langham Bath Step
Aidapt Langham Bath Step
Offered by Mobility Choices

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 9 Nov. 2012
This product serves it's purpose but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The four removable steps are useful but quite stiff and difficult to take off and on and the step is hard to clean which is not ideal for a bathroom. I also found it quite uncomfortable to tread on as the step is hard and bumpy on the surface - although this is useful to stop any slipping. It's very expensive for what it is (four pieces of thin plastic) and I'd go with a different bath step instead if I was ordering again.

EOS Summer Fruit Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
EOS Summer Fruit Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Offered by Expert Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing lip balm, horrible smell, 9 Nov. 2012
I have to give this lip balm five stars simply because of how wonderful it is but I would really recommend that you didn't buy this particular scent as it doesn't smell at all nice and has a funny taste on the lips.

Having said that this lip balm has been the cure to my cracked lips and I am reluctant to change to a different fragrance in case it doesn't work as well. I have the worst lips imaginable and have tried burts bees, vaseline, carmex, nivea, chapstick, body shop, blistex and just about every other brand out there. Nothing worked and prior to using the product I had permanently dry lips.

Within a day (a day - I'm not exaggerating) of using this product my lips were completely cured and were visibly and touch-ably smooth. I was sceptical at first because of the waxy texture of the balm and expected it to be a gimmick and almost gave it to my friend but decided to try it first and am so, so glad that I did.

This is certainly not a novelty product (although the shape does make it fun to use) and works wonders and if you're reading this buy it now! Yes it's expensive, but then it is imported from America and for me it was definitely worth the price - particularly as it is made from all natural ingredients.

Think of it as buying one great lip balm instead of 10 useless ones and you'll actually be saving money. It looks like it will be lasting a very long time too so I'm happy :)

Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash Detangling Hairbrush - Blue Lagoon
Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash Detangling Hairbrush - Blue Lagoon

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect design, 18 Oct. 2012
Prior to purchasing this I was using the original Tangle Teezer both wet and dry (to brush my hair and also to comb conditioner through) and it was starting to get worn and often wasn't dry when I wanted to use it. I also found the design of the original difficult to keep hold of in the shower and would frequently drop it. This has all the benefits of the original but is much easier to hold, quicker to dry as the water drains off it easily and it's much easier to untangle my knotty hair. Try it!

Logitech Comfort Lapdesk
Logitech Comfort Lapdesk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 3 Oct. 2012
I'm really happy with this product having purchased it after a bad experience with the Belkin Laptop Cushdesk for laptops up to 17" in Black and Pink. It's excellent quality and reasonably priced. I love the minimalistic design and the surface is just like a table-top so my macbook pro didn't slip at all (I didn't even need to use the adhesive squares included). The Lapdesk effectively protected my lap from the heat and I even noticed a change in the temperature of the laptop itself. My only criticism is that I don't find the cushion underneath the surface particularly comfortable, although I guess it has to be designed in this shape and material in order to work effectively.

MULTI PURPOSE High Quality Breakfast / Computer / Reading / PC / TV /Folding Table  with Adjustable height feature
MULTI PURPOSE High Quality Breakfast / Computer / Reading / PC / TV /Folding Table with Adjustable height feature

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 29 Sept. 2012
This table advertises itself as a high quality product, and for the price you would expect it to be too. The table is actually grey in colour and made of really cheap plastic and the whole thing is ugly and disproportioned. I also found that one leg was shorter than the other which made the table wobble constantly when trying to use it and it was really difficult to adjust.

All in all the only thing good about this product was the free sweets included with it (never seen that before!) and I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2014 1:11 PM BST

Belkin F8N143 Portable Notebook Cushdesk Comfort Lap Desk for Laptops up to 18.4 inch - Black/Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, 29 Sept. 2012
I bought this for my macbook pro which is always overheating and returned the product the same day. It arrived covered in scratches (and even if yours doesn't arrive scratched the cheap surface gets scratched very easily). I tried it out anyway and within one hour of use my laptop was hotter than if it had just been on my lap and the surface of the cushdesk had melted from the heat leaving a permanent brown mark on the underside of my laptop's case. I bought this one instead of its alternative - the Logitech Comfort Lapdesk- as it was half the price but you really get what you pay for in this example. I have now received the Lapdesk which I am much happier with so I would recommend spending the extra £10 instead of ruining your laptop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2012 3:14 PM GMT

Manicare Snazzy Scissor
Manicare Snazzy Scissor
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them, 15 Sept. 2012
I don't normally spend so much on a pair of nail scissors but these were definitely worth the extra cost. They have a gorgeous design and are sturdy and excellent quality. They come with their own little pouch too and are so easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3