Profile for Peters girl > Reviews

Content by Peters girl

Peters girl (UK)

6080 (UK, Black\Silver)
6080 (UK, Black\Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, the best phone I have ever had..., 15 Mar. 2008
Now before I begin my review, let me tell you, I am a mobile phone aholic. I get bored of them, or break them, and over the past year I have owned three. None of which were Nokia's. Infact, I haven't had a Nokia since the 'brick' days of around 2001. Back then, other mobile phone manufacturers started making smaller, sleeker, trendier looking models. I was drawn in, and since then have had everything from slide phones, to flip, and even twist phones.

I have owned many different 'frilly' phones. I call them this, because they do absolutely everything that you don't really need, or ever use after the novelty wears off. For example, the internet, video calling, mobile t.v, bluetooth, the list is endless. In my later teenage years, even though I never used this technology, I owned it so I could occasionally share files, the latest top ten single as a ringtone, or call a friend from a clothes shop when I couldn't decide which top to buy. Then I moved out, got married, and got a full time job.

For a while, my phone obsession carried on, until this phone. I am impressed with the fantastic easy of use. I forgot just how simple, and how reliable Nokia's are. There is a brilliant temperature converter, a clever world time converter, great because my dad is emigrating. There is also a wonderful little radio built in, perfect for a commuter like me! Plus it has a camera to rival any of the more expensive models I have had. There are many new things I keep discovering, made for someone on the move like myself. I am a complete convert and I believe simplicity to be beautiful.

BaByliss 2099U Total Freedom 230 Cordless Straightener
BaByliss 2099U Total Freedom 230 Cordless Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than GHD, Quicker and better value!, 24 Feb. 2007
I love my curly hair, but on occassion I like to have it straight.

I adored my Mark Hill Morphy Richards Thermoceramic straighteners, and had had them ever since my husband bought them for me two years ago. However, they were taking longer to heat up and never really made my hair straight enough. By the middle of the day, my hair was in between straight and curly, which is not a good look.

Anyway, my sister in law straightened my hair with her GHD's and I suddenly started yearning for them, but seeing the prices, I came online and found these beauties. They are even BETTER.

They have a cordless function, which, like many other reviewers, isn't my primary concern. Not only that but my hair- which I consider to be incredibly difficult STAYS STRAIGHT!

One tip I would give is that all straighteners damage hair if you aren't careful. Using a heat protection spray isn't enough. You need to gauge what temperature your hair needs, mine is curly but 190 is usually enough for me. You don't keep the heat focussed on one piece of hair for too long and twice a week I use a deep repair treatment, even though I don't always straighten it. Also, you need to give your hair a break every now and again, curly hair is beautiful too!

All in all, these really are great. It takes maybe five-ten minutes to do my hair properly.

Well done Babyliss!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2008 2:57 AM BST

Sweet Right Here
Sweet Right Here

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the Dixie Chicks!, 12 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Sweet Right Here (Audio CD)
For now, at least, forget the Dixie Chicks. Lets face it, they can be pretty depressing sometimes. I am not denying their immense vocal and lyrical ability, but Shedaisy are a force to be reckoned with.
Their harmonies are perfect, their catchy numbers do just what it says on the tin and the slower songs are written well enough to listen to rather than skip.
I know they aren't as popular as the Dixies, as people tend to make far too many comparisons which I don't think is fair. The only reason this happens is that there seems to be an only-room-for-one-country girlband mentality.
Shedaisy wil knock your socks off. Take a chance and buy this CD, you wont be disappointed.

Theory of a Deadman
Theory of a Deadman

4.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Default, Creed and Nickleback..not a bad thing, 12 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Theory of a Deadman (Audio CD)
First of all I have to agree with people when they say they sound like Nickleback. I can see the comparison with the vocal, the lyrics and even the structure of the songs.

Funny thing is, I don't seem to care! They are good at what they do and personally I think theres many bands out there that sound the same as other that get less stick. I believe that the first few albums are just trying to find your feet, so who knows what TOADM will do next?

I guess we should just watch this space.

I like to forget what I am supposed to think about bands and judge them on the way I felt when I listened to them...

A Public Affair (Album) [Australian Import]
A Public Affair (Album) [Australian Import]
Offered by InMusicWeBelieve

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely surprised, 12 Oct. 2006
I love the eighties sound, I believe some of the catchiest music came from the eighties and I love the way Jessica Simpson has made such an easy album to listen to.

It's not screechy, no vocal gymnastics, just an album you can listen to whilst doing the housework and dance about to.

Genius!

Rebirth [CD + DVD]
Rebirth [CD + DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A real surprise!, 3 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Rebirth [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
I own all of Jennifer Lopez albums, mainly for the latin favour but also because she's had some really catchy records that you just can't help but buy! Her last album was the weakest, 'This is me then' really was a disappointment. Focussing on drivelly pathetic songs about Ben Affleck got sickeningly boring after a while, and although I haven't ditched it, I am keeping it just because I paid for it!

This album is miles better and deserved better reviews and a warmer reception. Think of the 'On the 6' days, polished songs, great production and an instant classic. Bound to stay in my CD player for a while, and equal to her first two albums in quality!

Velocity
Velocity
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. Koontz strikes gold again., 28 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Velocity (Paperback)
I don't have a bad word to say about Dean Koontz. The best part about any book he writes, are the characters who instantly become your friends, people you root for, people you can really identify with. Someone on here said that they couldn't identify with Billy the barman, but I definately could.
To me, this is probably one of his finest books, bound to be an instant modern crime/thriller/horror classic, though I would say it's more thriller than horror. I have read every word this man has ever written since I was nine years old. Carry on the good work Mr Koontz, we are not worthy.

Room Service
Room Service

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellence in musical form, 19 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Room Service (Audio CD)
By far the best album by Mr Adams. I heard the album on Radio 2 and this is by far his most intimate album to date. I will be buying the album come Monday and rate it as a great drive time album, as well as one to get cozy to.
The best track for me would have to be room service, I feel the album is a return to the Adams heyday and I'm sure it will attract many new fans.
BUY IT!