Profile for Mister O > Reviews

Content by Mister O

Mister O "Film Fan" (Alrewas, Staffs)

Page: 1 | 2
Yamaha YSTFSW050BL Subwoofer with HDMI Cable - Black
Yamaha YSTFSW050BL Subwoofer with HDMI Cable - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect addition to a micro system set up., 5 Dec. 2014
The sub is exactly what I needed to add low end oomph to an already competent set of Dali bookshelf speakers paired with an Onkyo micro system. It comes with an adequate cable but I decided to invest in a QED one to make the most of the woofer.
The sub volume needs tinkering with to get the balance right with your other kit, but this is well worth the time to do as the sound is greatly enhanced once completed. Too much bass will muddy your sound as I am sure you know, the sub should complement not overwhelm, but I guess that's down to personal taste and the intended application.
Now it's just a case of sitting back, putting some music on and enjoying the results.
If your wondering whether or not to invest, you're halfway to making a 'sound' (sorry couldn't resist) buying decision.

Coral Soul Beach Shoes
Coral Soul Beach Shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described., 27 May 2014
This review is from: Coral Soul Beach Shoes (Apparel)
4 stars? Only as I haven't had the opportunity to actually wear them for their intended use. Good construction, possibly not as light as I thought, but then again what would be the use of a sole that wouldn't protect you from whats underfoot. Looking forward to giving these a go when we get to Egypt later in the year, but before that a spot of coasteering beckons in cooler waters.

Sennheiser 69427 Replacement Cable for HD222 / HD224 / HD230 / HD250 / HD250-II / HD400 / HD410 / HD410SL / HD412 / HD414 / HD414SL HD420 / HD420SL / HD424 / HD430 / HD440-II / HD450-I I / HD480 / HD480-II / HD480-Classic HD480-Classic-II / HD490-Old / HD520-II / HD530 / HD530-II / HD540 / HD540-II / HD560 / HD560-II / HD25SP Headphones
Offered by Atlantic Electrics Ltd sold as an Agent of Euronics Ltd (UK MAINLAND ONLY)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as expected, but alas they'll have to do., 16 July 2013
HD25 cables fit into the the headband surround. That menas that one of teh cables needs to be longer than the other to go around the headband. So when I opened the item I was a tad annoyed that they were exactly the same length. This ultimeatly menas that you have to excess cable on one side. All this for £23? doens't represent good value to me as I have had to set them up differently so that I have equal cabling both side but I am now unable to use the side retaining screws on the headphones which is there to prevent you from yanking the plugs from their sockets.

At least the work, but I feel I have had to compromise on the original bale which was clearly of a better design.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 10:48 AM GMT

fabric 62: DJ Sneak
fabric 62: DJ Sneak

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'House Gangster' delivers the goods and then some!, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: fabric 62: DJ Sneak (Audio CD)
If you know Sneak then you should know what your letting yourself in for. If your new to Sneak then you don't know what you're missing. Melodic, percussive, energetic funk fuelled house music. Miss it then miss out.

2013 Diamondback Outlook 22" Disc 21 Speed Mountain Bike
2013 Diamondback Outlook 22" Disc 21 Speed Mountain Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars A bike that meets all my expectations!, 4 Mar. 2013
Its been ten years since I've owned or even been on a mountain bike. I had done a little research prior to deciding on this one. I popped into a local bike shop for some advice and based on their answers (as they tried to sell me a less well equipped bike for the same money) I walked away armed with the knowledge I needed to get this.

Set up was easy, attach the handle bars, seat and front wheel. I even adjusted the brakes with a little help from YouTube. Perfect size for me (22"). BTW - this does have manual 'lock out', not mentioned in the technical data.

I'm planning offroad riding at some point and I think that this will allow me to do just that, its no downhill race winner, but some routes through the woods should be just the ticket.

Its great to get out in the fresh air again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 2:28 PM BST

Kids Mac in a Sac Waterproof Jacket, Packaway (5-7 yrs, Canary Yellow)
Kids Mac in a Sac Waterproof Jacket, Packaway (5-7 yrs, Canary Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, and yes it has a hood., 7 Dec. 2012
This is a great coat for the price and the delivery was super fast too. Our son loves it, if he could he'd wear it all the time.

Excellent Quality Curtains, 90 x 108-inch, Teal Faux Silk Pencil Pleat Tape Top Fully Lined *TUR *

4.0 out of 5 stars Curtains that meet their requirement at the right price., 7 Dec. 2012
Aesthetically pleasing on the eye and what you would expect for the price. We have a large bay window in a georgian town house that needed a splash of colour without breaking the bank and these fit the bill perfectly. Fast delivery to boot.

Pulsin' Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder, 1kg
Pulsin' Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder, 1kg
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The best protein powder bar none!, 19 Oct. 2012
I tried this product after years of buying big name powders as a punt. I found that most other products disagreed with my digestive system, most will know what I mean. I can honestly say that this is a great product. It mixes well, it tastes ok (just mix it with drinking chocolate powder or similar), it is also easily washed from your mixer. The last point says it all for me, it's not full of any c--p. I have. Now placed three orders for this product and will be buying on a regular basis from now on.

I am a meat eater whose converted to a vegan protein powder and would higly recommen it to anyone thinking about it. One kilo is going to cost you £14-15 so what have you got to lose? Think what you could gain.

Panasonic TX-L32C4B 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Panny!, 2 Oct. 2012
This is the third Panasonic TV I have bought, one plasma and two lcd's. I got it for the bedroom and a bargain price on Amazon. Fast delivery too. The set itself is to be commended for its on air HD pictures, very impressive. Its off air pictures are also pleasing to the eye. As with all Panasonics for me, the picture colours look natural, The Bourne Identity is a great test for this. Now on to sound, hmmm, well it's ok, it won't damage your hearing put it that way. Though it's fair to say we have it in a tall ceilinged room and it has to be turned up to hear it. I will wall mount it soon and I think the angle of the TV then will improve the sound. I wouldn't look at any other brand of TV personally, they do what they say on the tin, and if you set up the off air pictures correctly (Disney's Cars has this THX feature to name but one) you will have a cracking TV for the money.

Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by Global_Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars Film - Fair, DVD playback - utter tosh!, 20 Dec. 2010
I watched this at the weekend, having seen it previously at the cinema. I say I watched it at the weekend, I didn't we turned it off because of the very poor quality of the DVD playback. Pixilation galore. At first I thought it might settle down or my eyes would grow used to it, but it seriously is that bad.

Is it;

A) Just a poor copy.
B) Overloading the disc with too much data
C) Take answer B) & add; a cynical attempt to get everyone to start buying Blu Ray only for new releases

When the price of Blu Ray falls into the current DVD price bandings I will consider it, but as that will mean two Blu Ray players for two rooms to make the format flexible for home viewing I'm in no rush. No matter how hard they push the product.

I mean, who is really going to fork out for the Blu Ray/DVD combi pack every time something comes out? Not old tight wad me I can tell you.

Another thing why can't I copy films to digital formats like I can music CD's (allegedly I may be aware of this).

Another rip off, buy it not once on DVD, get it again on Blu Ray & then purchase it for your portable player, for films on the go! Are you having a laugh?

Free digital copy - Now that is an offer worth taking up, making the purchase cost effective, but sadly there is so little choice.

Passionate about film, passionate about pricing!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2011 3:47 PM GMT