Profile for Literarisch > Reviews

Content by Literarisch

Literarisch "literarisch"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Journey (Journey Trilogy 1)
Journey (Journey Trilogy 1)
by Aaron Becker

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jun. 2016
Having read all the glowing reviews here I decided to buy the book for my 6 year old. When it arrived I was disappointed:
I had expected a richly illustrated book full of small details, however the illustrations are not very detailed. That means that once you looked at the book and "read" the story (a girl enters a fantasy country with the help of a red pen) you have no reason to go back to it. We have quite a few books at home in which there's always something new to discover (see for example "Das grosse Lieselotte Such -und Findebuch") and the kids love these, but this book is really more for adults than children in my opinion (when you read the reviews here few people actually write that their kids loved the book but that they did!). My daughter looked at it for a while, then put I away and hasn't asked for it ever again. A nice story but not a book you have to own.

Chapelwood Half Coconut Bird Suet Treat with Mealworms
Chapelwood Half Coconut Bird Suet Treat with Mealworms

5.0 out of 5 stars A success with the birds, 23 May 2016
The birds gobbled it up in a few days, definitely worth buying!

Puma Unisex Kids' Carson Runner V Kids Running Shoes Pink Size: 11.5 Child UK
Puma Unisex Kids' Carson Runner V Kids Running Shoes Pink Size: 11.5 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sneakers for sports and outdoors, 22 May 2016
Great shoe, my daughters size is 11 and I bought a 11.5- fits perfectly!

Das große Lieselotte Such- und Findebuch
Das große Lieselotte Such- und Findebuch
by Alexander Steffensmeier
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book for kids and parents alike!, 22 May 2016
This is an ideal present for all fans of Lieselotte, the German cow which is a hit with kids age 2-6 since 10 years now. In this book you have to find various objects which are hidden in the 7 pictures. The whole family loves this book and keeps looking at it, the illustrations are just genius. Great to learn some German words but also to learn any other language- just name the object in the language you want and go searching!

Princess Lillifee [DVD]
Princess Lillifee [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ansgar Niebuhr

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie for kids who love all things pink, 12 April 2016
This review is from: Princess Lillifee [DVD] (DVD)
Princess Lillifee of Rosaria has a problem: Her citizens threaten to leave the country if the fairies don't learn to behave themselves and think of others. The fairies however can only see themselves and their problems and refuse to change. Lilliefee tries to organise a big party for everyone to foster relations but nothing seems to help- and then her magic powers fade as she looses hope...can she turn things around with the help of her friends?
I was surprised to see the other reviews here, my 6 year old daughter loved the film- and she is not the only one when you lool at the reviews on the german amazon. Lots of pink, sparkles, magic seemed to do the trick. There are a couple of nice songs and I liked watching it with her as it is a true "feel good" movie for kids. I bought it as my daughter grows up trilingual and I was searching for a german movie that would interest her (the DVD can be watched in both English and German). Success!

Schau dir an, was Lieselotte kann!
Schau dir an, was Lieselotte kann!
by Alexander Steffensmeier
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 30 Mar. 2016
Fantastic introduction to the world of "Lieselotte"! Ideal from 18 months on and especially good if someone in your household doesn't speak German as the sentences are short ("Lieselotte ist wach" "Lieselotte trinkt") so they can easily translate them into their own language. My toddler's favourite book! We're definittely going to buy more from the series.

Ecover Washing Up Liquid with Camomile and Marigold 1 Litre (Pack of 6)
Ecover Washing Up Liquid with Camomile and Marigold 1 Litre (Pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't clean as well as the usual brands, 4 Mar. 2016
As I try to live as organically as possible I've used this for a long time. Then one day I switched to a normal washing up liquid and my husband exclaimed: " OmG this is so much better! "
The truth is: Ecover smells nice, is good for the environment, but it just doesn't clean my dishes as good as a normal brand. I wish there would be an alternative but so far I haven't found one in the UK.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story with a message, 17 Feb. 2016
A fantastic book with a great message from Pirkei Avot: Who is happy? He who is happy with what he has. The little girl featured in the story lives in a small house and owns very little: A few pieces of furniture, a canary, a Siddur and two dresses. She loves having guests and is very happy- until a woman from Sacks avenue comes into her life and convinces her that two dresses are simply not enough! What if one gets dirty? So she starts to buy more and more beautiful dresses from this lady but soon doesn't know where to put them. She becomes so busy with all the clothes that her friends stop visiting her. Eventually she has enough, returns all the dresses and sends the woman away. And guess what? Suddenly she is happy again.
A great story with lovely illustrations- it is one of my daughters' favourite books! Suitable from age 4 and up (she's 6 now and still likes it).

Siebenschlafer
Siebenschlafer
by Oster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great from age 2+, 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Siebenschlafer (Paperback)
Unmissable if you have a 2 year old. Simple sentences, clear illustrations and stories about every day life of a toddler. My child can't get enough and often wakes up saying "Bobo!"

Henriette Bimmelbahn
Henriette Bimmelbahn
by James Krüss

5.0 out of 5 stars My toddler's favourite book, 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Henriette Bimmelbahn (Hardcover)
My toddler (almost 2) wants to read this at least once a day! Simple but engaging rhymes and great old fashioned illustrations from the 50's. A classic for a reason.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18