Profile for ShockstaR > Reviews

ShockstaR

From a Scarecrow's Perspective [Explicit]
From a Scarecrow's Perspective [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Unpredictable and keeps your attention, 16 Jan. 2014
A very strong album. This guy can rap. There is a creativity in the rhymes beats and lyrics not always found in the UK hip hop scene. I personally hate it when artists leave a monotonous loop in the background to rap over without changing up the beats or throwing a new sample in to break it up. No such problems here, this guy keeps it interesting.

If you like this also try Jehst - Dragon of an ordinary family.

Trouble Will Find Me [Explicit]
Trouble Will Find Me [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars The National step it up. Their best album yet IMO., 16 Jan. 2014
I love this guy's voice, almost haunting at times. I enjoyed the first 8 tracks most. Then it got a bit boring. I like this band, but prolonged listening can leave me feeling depressed! Though there is no doubting their talent. I think this is a slight improvement on High Violet. If you liked their last album, you will love this.

I love it when I'm in the right mood for it.

Because The Internet [Explicit]
Because The Internet [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh creative beats, tight rhymes. Some weirdness.., 16 Jan. 2014
There is a lot of variety and creativity in these tracks. Something which you don't always find with rap and r&b artists. Some of the beats and samples are the most interesting and exciting I have heard for some time. When he sings his voice is excellent and the raps he pulls are rapid and tight. In packing so much variety into the album, which some would say gives something for everyone, I left feeling that I didn't get enough of any one thing. Personally I would have liked more rap in the tracks, but others would be crying out for more of his smooth vocals r&b style.

In summary the album reaches some very exciting, brave and fresh peaks, but some of it borders on just random noise rather than creative flair. I did enjoy the album though as a score I'd give 70%.

Try it if you want to hear something fresh, but be prepared to like some tracks a whole lot more than others.

tesa 05418 Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m
tesa 05418 Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Draught exclusion, 24 Oct. 2012
If you have a hard floor and have a draught under a door look no further. Brilliant product. Very easy to install, cuts to size.