Profile for Liz Mint > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Disgrace
Disgrace

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing and pointless, 20 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Disgrace (Kindle Edition)
I hated this book. The main character was a jerk with very few redeeming qualities. It was bleak, depressing, pointless and hopeless. I persevered mainly because of the credentials of the author and I was hoping for some sort of light at the end, but the ending was horrible and it left me feeling sad and angry.

Lonesome Dove
Lonesome Dove

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent, 22 May 2017
This review is from: Lonesome Dove (Kindle Edition)
Amazing book. I can't stop thinking about it.

Frisk 12 x 10-inch Watercolour Stretched Canvas, Pack of 2, White
Frisk 12 x 10-inch Watercolour Stretched Canvas, Pack of 2, White

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly prepared, 26 Dec. 2015
They had the potential to be a useful product but the canvases are so badly prepared that I won't be bothering with them again. One of the canvases was unusable due to all the little lumps and bumps on the surface which I was unable to rectify with sand paper and a sharp blade. The other was less affected and I removed most of the little lumps with a scalpel. I've had far superior results by painting a layer of Daniel Smith Watercolour ground (or Golden's Absorbent Ground) onto a standard, good quality canvas, which is what I'll be doing next time.

Grafica Della Strada: The Signs of Italy
Grafica Della Strada: The Signs of Italy
by Louise Fili

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite typography book so far (and I have a lot), 29 Aug. 2014
There's a little explanatory text, but mainly this book is just stuffed full of gorgeous Italian typography in the form of photographs of signs taken from all over Italy by the Italian American graphic designer Louise Fili. My favourite typography book so far (and I have a lot). Highly recommended for all typophiles everywhere.

The North Face Womens Havoc Mid GTX XCR W Snow Boots
The North Face Womens Havoc Mid GTX XCR W Snow Boots

3.0 out of 5 stars Small, 18 Feb. 2014
They look good, feel light and the leather toes and rubber toe caps for extra waterproofing are a great idea. Unfortunately the sizing is strange. I've never taken anything larger than a size 4, yet these are way too tight and there are no half sizes available. Shame as they were just what I was looking for.

Depression Free For Life: How to Stop Feeling Depressed and Start Living Life to the Full (Depression, depressed, free, feeling, mood, happy, positive, negative, thoughts)

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this a joke?, 25 Sept. 2013
Reads like a badly written junior school project. For instance, according to the author, a trigger for depression could be "Ending of a TV/Anime/Cartoon program - this may raise a couple of eyebrows out there but this is can be a legitimate concern" and apparently "There are much type of treatments and medical attentions right now which have already proven positive results" (the bad grammar is hers not mine). And so it goes on in much the same vein for the rest of the book. There's absolutely no useful advice here, but the nonsensical writing might give you a bit of a laugh. Well at least it didn't cost me anything.

Nairns Gluten Free Porridge Oats 450 g (Pack of 6)
Nairns Gluten Free Porridge Oats 450 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Superfood Market

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitter aftertaste, 11 Sept. 2013
I've bought these oats before and thought they were the best gluten-free oats available. However, the last batch I bought had a horrible bitter after taste. Every packet was the same. They're not cheap, so I won't risk wasting my money again.

Total Chi Fitness - Meridian Stretching Exercises for Ultimate Fitness, Performance and Health (Chi Powers for Modern Age Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 16 Aug. 2013
Brilliant little book with just the right amount of detail. I've had chronic fatigue on and off for years, currently going through a bad patch, and these exercises were easy enough for me to complete. I feel refreshed and energized afterwards, so I'm holding out high hopes that these exercises can help me improve my health over time. All in all, really good value for money.

Dog Car Guard Pet Boot Barrier Universal Adjustable
Dog Car Guard Pet Boot Barrier Universal Adjustable
Offered by New Deal of The Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 25 Jun. 2012
We put this together without too much trouble, and I have to disagree with the unfavourable review. I can find no fault with it. It fits perfectly, and works perfectly in both our family cars, so now I've ordered another one so we don't have to keep moving it from one to the other. The quality is surprisingly good, especially considering the price.

Mora Wood Carving 106 Stainless Steel Knife - Wooden
Mora Wood Carving 106 Stainless Steel Knife - Wooden

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wood carving knife, 10 May 2012
I bought this knife as an addition to a collection of knives I have for wood carving. This is my favourite by far. It arrived beautifully sharpened, and the blade holds its edge really well. I use a strop or a high grit waterstone to refine it now and again. The blade is made of laminated steel, and the core of the blade is hardened to 61 - 62 Rockwell' (very hard). It has a nice shaped birch wood handle which is easy to handle. The sheath is nothing special, but serves its purpose. I'll definitely buy more Mora knives in the future.

Page: 1 | 2