Profile for John R > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner
Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Sept. 2013
Having the read the reviews, I decided to give this a go. As someone who uses open and alternate tunings, this bit of kit is excellent. Especially for the price. The chromatic setting is fantastic and now I know what notes I am tuned to. (I'm not a pro) I do have to agree with the fiddlyness of fitting the battery but it was worth the effort. Highly recommend this tuner.

Royal 7 Step Nail Buffer
Royal 7 Step Nail Buffer
Offered by Beauty7uk

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Royal 7 Step Nail Buffer (Misc.)
As a musician, I like to use this type of file for my right hand mails which I use for picking guitar & banjo. This particular brand does have the wrong labelling, but that's ok, I can work that out for myself. The main issue seems to be the way this has been put together. The individual strips are coming away from the centre piece after only a few uses. I probably won't buy this brand again but at the price I got them for (I bought three for just over a fiver), the'll do fine for now.

Boston Red Sox Black & Chrome-Finished Auto Emblem
Boston Red Sox Black & Chrome-Finished Auto Emblem
Offered by SELECT ELITE

3.0 out of 5 stars Go Sox, 23 Jun. 2013
Bought this to put on my silver car tailgate. Sox fan, so will but anything, this is ok, just hope car wash does not rip it off!

Planet Waves Mandolin Strap - Black
Planet Waves Mandolin Strap - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 23 Jun. 2013
Good price for what it is. Very easy to adjust and makes playing mandolin more enjoyable and would recommend this to anyone. Don't pay more.

Martin M170 Extra Light Acoustic Guitar Strings
Martin M170 Extra Light Acoustic Guitar Strings

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 23 Jun. 2013
These are the strings I use all the time, but the price here makes them even better value, no more visits to the big city to buy them.

D'Addario J55 Phosphor Bronze Medium  (.010-.023) 5-String Banjo Strings
D'Addario J55 Phosphor Bronze Medium (.010-.023) 5-String Banjo Strings
Offered by RST Music

2.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly, 23 Jun. 2013
I re strung my 12 string guitar in a fraction of the time it took me to loop the end of these strings on to my instrument. Hardly any give near the loop end. Won't be stringing this Banjo again.

Capitalism: A Love Story [DVD] [2009]
Capitalism: A Love Story [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Michael Moore
Offered by Digizoneuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 23 Jun. 2013
Michael Moore is such a good film maker, this completed my collection, good price, great quality. would recommend buying his films via this site.

METAL FINGER PICKS & PLASTIC THUMB PICK SET LARGE FOR GUITAR, BANJO, DOBRO ETC
METAL FINGER PICKS & PLASTIC THUMB PICK SET LARGE FOR GUITAR, BANJO, DOBRO ETC

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 23 Jun. 2013
By the time I had adjusted each to the fingers, I was in so much discomfort, I could not feel the strings. Going back to growing my nails. Wife not happy.

Saucony Grid Tuned Trail Running Shoes - 11
Saucony Grid Tuned Trail Running Shoes - 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Cumfy, 23 Jun. 2013
These trainers are among the best I have owned in 40 years. Comfortable and look good. I will not spend £100 on a pair of trainers again as long as I can get these from Amazon.

Waltons Irish 18" Bodhran Players Pack
Waltons Irish 18" Bodhran Players Pack
Offered by 1to1music

3.0 out of 5 stars Expectaions, 23 Jun. 2013
To be honest I expected better. The beater is flimsy and I am going to have to buy one which is ergonomically better. Suppose it is a good starter kit.

Page: 1 | 2