Profile for Mr. S. Yare > Reviews

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Low price, high quality, 14 July 2013
Bought this cable for my PS3. Works a treat, price was excellent compared to what else is out there for a rip off price (seriously, I can't believe there's like 50 quid cables) and the delivery was pronto. Really good alternative for people like me who don't want to spend too much.

More Mile Compression Socks (11-13)
More Mile Compression Socks (11-13)
Offered by Active Human Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Compression socks, 14 July 2013
Began to use these in my training for the 2013 London Marathon and they were a really good aid for my lower legs, where I've had a lot of problems in the past. The circulatory improvements I had from this, whether real or placebo, certainly helped either way and they're very comfortable, I'd recommend them for anyone seriously into long distance running who wants some seriously useful accessories.

European Rail Timetable Winter 2011/12 (Rail Guides)
European Rail Timetable Winter 2011/12 (Rail Guides)
by Thomas Cook Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Great planning tool for interrailing, 14 July 2013
I'm planning to go interrailing soon and this has been a very useful tool to help with my planning. As you'd expect it contains a large amount of maps and all the rail times. It's quite overwhelming at first but you soon get used to the format of the stations, numbers and everything. The paper is thin (like a phonebook) but that's purely to fit all the information in there so I can't take anything away from it. Good product, would recommend this or anything in this series based on this.

Inflatable Globe
Inflatable Globe
Offered by EJ Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality inflatable globe, 14 July 2013
It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect, fairly good quality, the writing on the countries and so on is legible. Makes a nice prop for my classes as a geography teacher so I've nothing to complain about, considering the price I paid for it too it's really a top quality product relatively speaking. Would make a good gift for kids to get them into other parts of the world too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value aid for runners, 1 April 2013
I've bought this for the London Marathon to help with carrying a number of gels round (as well as my inhaler) and it's quite simply excellent value. It carries up to 8 Energy Gels in the slots as well as whatever you want to carry about in the pouch, such as keys etc or more gels. It's really adjustable too, not being a particularly super skinny chap as I am it fit just fine after some adjustment and quite simply when wearing it you barely realise that it is actually on, which is really great, there's nothing more annoying when running than feeling something shaking in your pocket or holding a bottle that unbalances you just slightly enough for you to get irritated.

Great product, would recommend.

The Complete Roadrunner Collection 1991-2003
The Complete Roadrunner Collection 1991-2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value set for any new Type O fans, 22 Mar. 2013
I've only really just got into Type O Negative and only own Dead Again, Slow Deep and Hard and Bloody Kisses, value wise it was cheaper than buying the remaining items separately so bonus points right there. The CDs are all in cardboard cases, which is cool I guess, but there's a lack of lyrics, but that's not something that's overly important to me, Petes vocals are good enough to go by I guess. The size of the set is only actually about the same as a double CD, maybe a couple of mm thinner so they all fit nicely in there. Musically it's 6 stars out of 5 and gives you a great idea of progression the band did through their careers with TON. Starting with the earlier, thrashier stuff and moving onto the more classic Type O sound with Bloody Kisses, but my favourite is actually Life is Killing Me, it's such a great album, can't get enough of it. The only downside is the lack of Dead Again, but I guess it's not a RR album and it's cheap enough anyway to get on it's own, worth getting with this set so you can have all 7 albums at once. My weekend is set. Maximum value is you want all the albums and don't already have most of them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 10:01 AM BST

On The Map: Why the world looks the way it does
On The Map: Why the world looks the way it does
by Simon Garfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with lots of history, 31 Dec. 2012
I got this for Christmas and as a massive cartography enthusiast I'm very happy with it, it's got a lot of history within it and explanation about various aspects of how people have gone about this over the centuries. Other reviews have mentioned the poor quality of the photos or whatever but quite honestly I never really thought about it, they're nice editions and if you expected a brilliant quality photo of some guys holding a map, go look it up, the images are only mentioned in the text and full reproductions of all these maps would have made this book completely out of my price range so it works perfectly for me. It's a great read for anyone interested in maps or cartography, my only nitpick would be a lack of mention about GIS, but it's not something I particularly miss after my degree ;).

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite grand piano, 19 Aug. 2012
This is without a doubt the best grand piano I've ever bought. It goes great with the others but I do have a soft spot for this in particular.

Atlas of Remote Islands: Fifty Islands I Have Not Visited and Never Will
Atlas of Remote Islands: Fifty Islands I Have Not Visited and Never Will
by Judith Schalansky

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book, 14 April 2012
This book is quite simply beautiful, the fact that the author has not visited any of the islands mentioned within only adds to the charm and imagination of the content within. Anyone with any interest in cartography and distant geography can appreciate how amazing this book really is. I would recommend this to literally everyone though, it's just fantastic.

Blues Funeral
Blues Funeral

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year, 8 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
Since Bubblegum way back in 2004, us Lanegan fans have been waiting patiently for the next instalment of his true solo works. With Blues Funeral he's progressed so much musically it isn't even funny, it's like he's been reborn as a rock god. Backed up by Alain Johannes and Jack Irons, this version of the Mark Lanegan is musically incredible. Every track hits the spot and you get the feeling as the listener, that they sound exactly as Lanegan wanted them to sound. Highlights include The Gravedigger's Song, Riot in my House and Quiver Syndrome.

I can't see anything beating this in the foreseeable future, quite frankly. 10/10

Page: 1 | 2