Profile for Ross Geller > Reviews

Content by Ross Geller

Ross Geller (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Aukey Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Receiver Wireless Music Streaming Adapter Dongle with Hands Free Calling Built-in Mic and 3.5 mm Stereo Output for Car Music Sound System, Home Stereo, Compact Speakers, Headphones, Headsets, Earphones, Earbuds & More 3.5mm AUX Media Devices, Features A2DP Technology (BR-C2)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars The audio quality is very good. There's no noticeable distortion, 17 May 2015
Looked on a popular auction site for a cheaper priced receiver but they all had the same cheap plastic. This has a slight rubber feel. It worked exactly how it should have done. I use it with headphones plugged in so I can use my phone freely without wires, with portable speakers so I can use my phone freely, and plug it into my car stereo essentially giving it bluetooth. The audio quality is very good. There's no noticeable distortion.

Faithfull Hickory Axe Handle 36In X 2.1/2IN
Faithfull Hickory Axe Handle 36In X 2.1/2IN

5.0 out of 5 stars but I see that as a good thing. I reused an old home-made wedge and ..., 17 May 2015
Well made hickory wood axe. Needed shaving down a bit for the axe to fit, but I see that as a good thing. I reused an old home-made wedge and so far after a few days hard work, the axe head hasn't come loose yet.

HUAWEI ASCEND MATE 7 MT7-L09 MOONLIGHT SILVER 16GB FACTORY UNLOCKED SIMFREE 4G/LTE CELL PHONE
Offered by NEOPHONIA

5.0 out of 5 stars ... this phone for about a week and I'm very happy with it, 5 May 2015
I've had this phone for about a week and I'm very happy with it. I don't really want to repeat what everyone else has said so I'll compare it to my previous phone.

I've come from a HTC One M7 with a 4.7" screen so was a bit worried this would be too big. It's not. It took me less than a day to get used to - and the bigger screen size for watching videos is more than worth it. The HTC One M7 has very good BoomSound speakers, however the AM7's speakers are far, far louder. I didn't realise how quiet my HTC's speakers were until using this phone. The AM7's speakers are on the back however, whereas the HTC's are on the front.

The battery life is incredible. I'm getting 2 days of moderate use, or 1 day of very heavy use. There was a problem with my phone though when I received it allowing me only to get half a day of heavy use. By going to Settings > Power Saving and looking at Ultra mode, it should say 60+ hours on 100% battery. Mine was giving me an estimate of 25 hours on 100% battery. After some research, I found it was a problem with the firmware. The newer, updated version gives some people poor battery performance compared to the older stock firmware. To check which one you have installed, go to Settings > Updater and see which version you have. I was using version MT7-L09V100R001C00B136SP04 which was giving me the problems. I downloaded the B120SP04 version (not sure I can paste links here but you can search "B120" in the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 section in http://forum.xda-developers.com/). There's a word document in the download that takes you through each step - it's not too difficult.

I have bought three accessories for this phone. The first is a case. The back is really slippery and feels like it could slip out of my hand easily. I bought a cheap TPU case on eBay for 99p from China but it didn't add any grip. I bought another case on eBay from the UK for £1.95. This one had more grip and felt better quality. Just bare that in mind when buying a case. The second accessory I bought was a tempered glass screen protector. I've never bothered with screen protectors in the past but reading up on reviews on tempered glass I thought I'd give it a try. I bought a Mocolo tempered glass protector from AliExpress for about £4.50 shipped from China. The cut outs were perfect (better than the cheaper ones from eBay). There has been a lot of reports of tempered glass screen protectors not fitting properly on the AM7 because of a slight curve in the screen, but I never had problems with this. The screen protector is not noticeable at all once fitted. Finally, the third accessory I bought was an aluminium stand for when I'm at my desk. I bought one from eBay for £2.95 shipped from China (can you tell I like to get a bargain?!) and it's brilliant. It's sturdy and robust - I can easily see it lasting for years. It's perfect for when I'm making Skype calls. Talking of video calls, I've been told the front camera is very clear when in a Skype call. These accessories cost me less than £10 all in.

This model is not the dual sim version. It has one slot for a sim and one slot for an SD card. The 32 GB 3 GB RAM International version is dual sim, however it doesn't support some 4G bands in the UK.

And that's about it. Overall, I'm extremely impressed with this phone and would definitely recommend it. I spend months researching all the latest flagship phones and I'm very happy to have ended up with the MA7.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2015 9:59 AM BST

Huawei Ascend Mate 7 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had this phone for about a week and I'm very happy with it, 29 April 2015

Acer Aspire E5-571 15.6-Inch Notebook (Titanium Silver) - (Intel Core i3-4005U 1.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, DVDSM DL, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sly move by Acer, 20 April 2015
Good for what you pay for but nothing spectacular. Works well for web browsing and light gaming, but playing the latest games in the highest settings you're going to have to pay a lot more.

What I will say though - and it's the only reason I'm writing this review - the above 5 reviews are all fake. Someone has made numerous Amazon accounts and has reviewed ONLY Acer Aspire laptops. Whether it's someone who is directly employed by Acer or not, it's a sly move undermining the whole Amazon review system therefore I would definitely not buy an Acer laptop on Amazon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2015 9:11 PM BST

Green Insulated Fishing Carryall 909
Green Insulated Fishing Carryall 909
Offered by Reid Chandlery & Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Both are very well made at a fraction of the price you would be paying for the better known brands, 24 Feb. 2015
Bought this along with another NGT carryall. Both are very well made at a fraction of the price you would be paying for the better known brands. Big enough to fit everything you'd need including 3 reels and banksticks, without it being too big. I bought mine about 2 years ago and it's still going strong now.

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Black
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 24 Feb. 2015
Seemed like a good mouse but stopped working after a few months.

Asphalt 7: Heat (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Asphalt 7: Heat (Kindle Tablet Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 24 Feb. 2015
Stopped working after a few days and couldn't access it again. Still not sure why!

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Day Moisturiser SPF15 37 ml (Packaging Varies)
Offered by catherinesss3

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good moisturiser however as it's very light, 24 Feb. 2015
Very good moisturiser however as it's very light, it's not really for extremely dry skin therefore I stopped using it for another, thicker cream.

Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
by Phillip Coyne

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're doing the IAM then this book is definitely ..., 24 Feb. 2015
If you're doing the IAM then this book is definitely worth the investment as the IAM course is based on this book. It goes through things very clearly with diagrams. I wouldn't advise you to use this book without any practical guidance though. I read through the book and although I understood most of it in theory, when I went out with a trained instructor, everything clicked into place and it became a lot more clearer what the book was talking about.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6