Profile for Ross Geller > Reviews

Content by Ross Geller

Ross Geller (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Veritas Memory Foam Earphone Tips Foam Tips (Fits 4mm-5.5mm Diameter Nozzle, Dark Grey, 4 Pairs) (Medium)
Offered by Midvale Ventures

5.0 out of 5 stars and the large tips a bit too big - none of them had a perfect seal and I noticed the sound quality wasn't up ..., 28 Jun. 2015
Bought these for a two week holiday in France. I used to use the original rubber tips on my MediaDevil headphones (bought from this site) but the medium tips were a bit too small, and the large tips a bit too big - none of them had a perfect seal and I noticed the sound quality wasn't up where it should be. After buying these, the sound quality has improved, along with the sound isolation, and they're more comfortable too. There are more expensive brands but I definitely don't regret buying these.

Targus Reversible Skin for 15.6 inch Laptops - Black/Red
Targus Reversible Skin for 15.6 inch Laptops - Black/Red
Offered by Sonali

5.0 out of 5 stars so I happily paid the extra few quid for a slightly more ..., 28 Jun. 2015
Bought this to protect my laptop on a 2 week holiday in France. The material used feels very premium and it wouldn't look out of place in an office environment. I have a 15.6 HP Envy and it is slightly big for it, but it hasn't bothered me. It still does its job of protecting my laptop.

There were cheaper skins on Amazon and eBay, some going for around £3, and me being a tight bugger I was uhming and arring between this case or the cheaper cases. I thought - it's going to last for years, so I happily paid the extra few quid for a slightly more premium case.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Offered by Digicorp

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun. 2015
Cheap and cheerful. Does the job. Couldn't find a cheaper price on eBay.

EDC by Esprit Men's 1 Col Iconic Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Azure Blue, Small
EDC by Esprit Men's 1 Col Iconic Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Azure Blue, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars I came home and realised these t-shirts are amazing - the fit, 28 Jun. 2015
I am extremely picky when it comes to buying t-shirts - I struggle to find ones that are 'slim fit'. I can't stand really baggy t-shirts. I came across these in an official Esprit store in a shopping mall in Malaysia. I tried them on and bought 3 of them since they were on offer at around £4.50 each. I came home and realised these t-shirts are amazing - the fit, quality and price I paid. I looked on Amazon for some more, found these, and ordered another three of different colours. Job done!

I am 5' 11", 65kg, average build, and all my t-shirts are in small, and they fit perfect.

WYCHWOOD RIOT BIG PIT 65
WYCHWOOD RIOT BIG PIT 65
Offered by Outcast Fishing and Army surplus

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall I'm very happy with these, 28 Jun. 2015
This review is from: WYCHWOOD RIOT BIG PIT 65 (Misc.)
I bought three of these in 2013 and have been using them continuously ever since. I've modified them so that they are now quick drag (check YouTube on tutorials). They're very smooth, the clutch is smooth to play fish on, and the line clip doesn't damage the line. I've landed catfish up to 60lb and carp up to 45lb on these reels with no problems whatsoever.

The only drawback I can think of is the line sometimes springs off and catches behind the spool so I have to take the spool off to untangle it. It's rare though - it has happened about 3 times in my two week holiday to France this month - and it could be because of the line or too much line on the spool.

Overall I'm very happy with these. I'm in the process of buying a forth to use on a forth rod. After owning these reels, you'll wonder how manufacturers can get away with charging four times the price for something that does almost the same thing as the Wychwood Riot Big Pit.

Aukey Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Receiver Wireless Music Streaming Adapter with Hands Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 3.5 mm Stereo Output for Car (BR-C2)
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars The audio quality is very good. There's no noticeable distortion, 17 May 2015
Looked on a popular auction site for a cheaper priced receiver but they all had the same cheap plastic. This has a slight rubber feel. It worked exactly how it should have done. I use it with headphones plugged in so I can use my phone freely without wires, with portable speakers so I can use my phone freely, and plug it into my car stereo essentially giving it Bluetooth. The audio quality is very good. There's no noticeable distortion.

Edit: Still going strong after a few months of use. I have some portable wired speakers that plug into my phone. I play tunes when driving the tractor (I'm a farrrmerr) however the speakers don't go loud enough with the engine of the tractor. Using this Bluetooth receiver, the sound is amplified (yet in no way distorted) so the speakers go even louder. An added bonus is I can use my phone wire free while cultivating the fields. One problem I have found though. Now that I have a wire free phone, it encourages me to use it more - which is distracting. So I blame you Aukey for the wonky rows in the field.

Faithfull Hickory Axe Handle 36In X 2.1/2IN
Faithfull Hickory Axe Handle 36In X 2.1/2IN

5.0 out of 5 stars but I see that as a good thing. I reused an old home-made wedge and ..., 17 May 2015
Well made hickory wood axe. Needed shaving down a bit for the axe to fit, but I see that as a good thing. I reused an old home-made wedge and so far after a few days hard work, the axe head hasn't come loose yet.

HUAWEI ASCEND MATE 7 MT7-L09 MOONLIGHT SILVER 16GB FACTORY UNLOCKED SIMFREE 4G/LTE CELL PHONE
Offered by Hihi Electronic

5.0 out of 5 stars ... this phone for about a week and I'm very happy with it, 5 May 2015
I've had this phone for about a week and I'm very happy with it. I don't really want to repeat what everyone else has said so I'll compare it to my previous phone.

I've come from a HTC One M7 with a 4.7" screen so was a bit worried this would be too big. It's not. It took me less than a day to get used to - and the bigger screen size for watching videos is more than worth it. The HTC One M7 has very good BoomSound speakers, however the AM7's speakers are far, far louder. I didn't realise how quiet my HTC's speakers were until using this phone. The AM7's speakers are on the back however, whereas the HTC's are on the front.

The battery life is incredible. I'm getting 2 days of moderate use, or 1 day of very heavy use. There was a problem with my phone though when I received it allowing me only to get half a day of heavy use. By going to Settings > Power Saving and looking at Ultra mode, it should say 60+ hours on 100% battery. Mine was giving me an estimate of 25 hours on 100% battery. After some research, I found it was a problem with the firmware. The newer, updated version gives some people poor battery performance compared to the older stock firmware. To check which one you have installed, go to Settings > Updater and see which version you have. I was using version MT7-L09V100R001C00B136SP04 which was giving me the problems. I downloaded the B120SP04 version (not sure I can paste links here but you can search "B120" in the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 section in http://forum.xda-developers.com/). There's a word document in the download that takes you through each step - it's not too difficult.

I have bought three accessories for this phone. The first is a case. The back is really slippery and feels like it could slip out of my hand easily. I bought a cheap TPU case on eBay for 99p from China but it didn't add any grip. I bought another case on eBay from the UK for £1.95. This one had more grip and felt better quality. Just bare that in mind when buying a case. The second accessory I bought was a tempered glass screen protector. I've never bothered with screen protectors in the past but reading up on reviews on tempered glass I thought I'd give it a try. I bought a Mocolo tempered glass protector from AliExpress for about £4.50 shipped from China. The cut outs were perfect (better than the cheaper ones from eBay). There has been a lot of reports of tempered glass screen protectors not fitting properly on the AM7 because of a slight curve in the screen, but I never had problems with this. The screen protector is not noticeable at all once fitted. Finally, the third accessory I bought was an aluminium stand for when I'm at my desk. I bought one from eBay for £2.95 shipped from China (can you tell I like to get a bargain?!) and it's brilliant. It's sturdy and robust - I can easily see it lasting for years. It's perfect for when I'm making Skype calls. Talking of video calls, I've been told the front camera is very clear when in a Skype call. These accessories cost me less than £10 all in.

This model is not the dual sim version. It has one slot for a sim and one slot for an SD card. The 32 GB 3 GB RAM International version is dual sim, however it doesn't support some 4G bands in the UK.

And that's about it. Overall, I'm extremely impressed with this phone and would definitely recommend it. I spend months researching all the latest flagship phones and I'm very happy to have ended up with the MA7.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2015 9:59 AM BST

Huawei Ascend Mate 7 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Executivez

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had this phone for about a week and I'm very happy with it, 29 April 2015

Acer Aspire E5-571 15.6-Inch Notebook (Titanium Silver) - (Intel Core i3-4005U 1.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, DVDSM DL, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sly move by Acer, 20 April 2015
Good for what you pay for but nothing spectacular. Works well for web browsing and light gaming, but playing the latest games in the highest settings you're going to have to pay a lot more.

What I will say though - and it's the only reason I'm writing this review - the above 5 reviews are all fake. Someone has made numerous Amazon accounts and has reviewed ONLY Acer Aspire laptops. Whether it's someone who is directly employed by Acer or not, it's a sly move undermining the whole Amazon review system therefore I would definitely not buy an Acer laptop on Amazon.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2015 1:06 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7